Revenant Alacrity VS Mirage Alacrity ?

Pablo.3259

My opinion for fractals

As a staff mirage I find pt in like 1s. Everyone are looking for alac as the last slot to start. 

I do t4 dailies and cms, no one care about the dps, they only want alac uptime. 

So choose what u like the most. It's easy alac vs easy rotation. 

You wana run renegade for alac. You can run Mirage but most of the time it will be inferior in most if not all ways to a alacren. If its a high attack rate long phase single target then Mirage may do more dps than condi rr and provide the same alac uptime. Your not going to provide 100% alac uptime and good dps on a Mirage, ever. Its comparable to condi rr only which is 50% uptime with full vipers. (requires 2 for full coverage pretty much only used on a few raids + cm 100.

Also while a good condi rr can do 37-40k dps on most raid bosses (even power ones cause they are all small hitbox) Mirage will do like 30k on the same boss unless its a confusion friendly boss. So the condi rr is the best choice most of the time, but maybe not 100% of the situations.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

It's a matter of healing (renegade) vs boons/might (mirage). If you don't need healing go for mirage, otherwise go for renegade.

But why not go chorn the mez support class elite spec.? A lot feels lost in balancing that they gave these 2 non support classes the strongest support boon in the game.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Jski.6180 said:

But why not go chorn the mez support class elite spec.? A lot feels lost in balancing that they gave these 2 non support classes the strongest support boon in the game.

That's because there is no support class elite specs, only support builds that take advantage of what elite specs might offer. People will always complains that something is OP whether it is or not. Scrapper is OP (quickness), FB is OP (Quickness/stab/aegis), Scourge is OP (barrier), Mirage is OP (alacrity), Renegade is OP (alacrity), Warrior is OP (banner), Ranger is OP (spirit)... etc. Some of the thing that are OP are there from long ago so they feel like a given while other are newer and as such feel problematic, yet aren't really. It's a matter of adaptation of the game's population, of flexibility when faced with changes.

NB.: That said, I personally begrudge the fact that mirage is better at providing alacrity than chrono (alacrity being part of chrono's theme).