Why is Aion advertised in the gw2 site?

7 hours ago, maddoctor.2738 said:

Yes and no. In Q4 2020 and Q1 2021 Aion overcame Guild Wars 2 in total revenue. However, that tells us only half the story. Even in Q1 2021 Guild Wars 2 earned more than 50% of what NCsoft earned in NA/EU, this means that most of Aion's renewed revenue comes from outside NA/EU (probably Korea) and Guild Wars 2 is still the best performing NCsoft game in NA/EU and has been for a rather long time.

It looks like NCsoft games are not very popular in NA/EU and maybe this ad is an attempt by NCsoft to increase the popularity of one of their other games in the region.

Thank you for the added info.

9 hours ago, maddoctor.2738 said:

Yes and no. In Q4 2020 and Q1 2021 Aion overcame Guild Wars 2 in total revenue. However, that tells us only half the story. Even in Q1 2021 Guild Wars 2 earned more than 50% of what NCsoft earned in NA/EU, this means that most of Aion's renewed revenue comes from outside NA/EU (probably Korea) and Guild Wars 2 is still the best performing NCsoft game in NA/EU and has been for a rather long time.

It looks like NCsoft games are not very popular in NA/EU and maybe this ad is an attempt by NCsoft to increase the popularity of one of their other games in the region.

I still wonder what would happen if GW2 had non China Asian server , NCSOFT seems fine with plopping their Asian type MMOs on EU/NA even though they don't make much there, but GW2 doesn't get the same treatment in Asia,  even though setting up servers costs about the same.

Not gonna lie Aion was kinda fun back when it released and wasnt swarmed of p2w mechanics and other cash shop shenanigans.

Thats why I gave it a try on the Aion Classic servers and it not having an EU release and you have a Battle Pass I insta deleted the crap out of it cause we all know where this leads (again).

Edited by Vindicate.6951
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Vindicate.6951 said:

Thats why I gave it a try on the Aion Classic serers and it not having an EU release and you have a Battle Pass I insta deleted the crap out of it cause we all know where this leads (again).

When you know a publisher, after playing a game for years, you already foresee how a "new" game will be managed. I didn't even try to install it this time, and from what I've read on their forum, people are already complaining because it's too p2w (due to some candy that apparently you can buy with real money. It's not even classic). The game wasn't bad, but never again another game published by NCsoft.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Can't believe Aion is still online lol, what a joke game.

personally my best moments in game with guild wars 1.

the pvp was just exceptional. Far much better than gw2's super boring pvp(that hardly evolved in 9 kittening years) ^^

Edited by radda.8920