*Nervous wave*

Archivist.8109

@"Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946" said:

@Ashgard.5132 said:Oh you will have fun.... except if you go to the jungle.... that kitten jungle.... then everything will try to kill you, the enemies, the map, and if they could, other players xD

LOL! You know...there have been a few times I wanted to whack a player or two in the jungle! I'm pretty sure that there have been a couple of times someone wanted to whack me too, so...

It's the stress! The Stress of the whole situation! All the danger, the climate in the jungle, the mosquitos and those damn pocket raptors! :P

Welcome to Guild Wars 2. I've played this game intermittently and have tried to get back into it recently as well, so I know your position. It's helpful to also consider taking a look at the official Guild Wars 2 Reddit for some interesting topics as well (i personally prefer the forums but have used reddit a bit) so the community isn't just in one area and you may find your preferred crowd in either website.

As some advice, don't be afraid to ask for help in map chat and the wiki is very useful for finding out information about the game. If you're a pvper/wvwer, there's a website that's been mentioned that has been wiped from my memory for the moment haha, but this website helps with providing good builds if you don't feel like experimenting. It also provides builds for fractals and raids (a Heart of Thorns feature, so you'll need the expansion to play it, not sure how raids will work with Path of Fire, others may know better).

There is a useful looking for group tool within the game (apologies though, i've never used it, i just know it exists so I can't offer advice on how best to use it) which can help with fractals/raids and even meta events in some maps.

Also a good idea to know what commander tags look like, as they usually organise events for metas and sometimes those with mentor tags will do the same too.

When it comes to lore, you may wish to watch a youtube channel called WoodenPotatoes (the channel that I personally follow), but there may be others. Something to note though, various people have mentioned slip ups that WP does so while he's good at providing general pictures, sometimes the details may be fudged (and this is where reddit and these forums come in to help clear up any misconceptions one may have, as I've come to realise I've had way too many).

The game remains fun though, and I hope you have a wonderful time playing the game and participating in the community!

EDIT: don't forget to take a look through what each expansion offers, I suggest getting both because they both provide awesome content to play through, but you can own one without needing the other, and if neither fits your taste, the game has no subscription fees so you're good to play however much you like =D

Welcome back! If you feel a bit overwhelmed, maybe have a look at https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/784/helpful-starter-tips-for-new-players over on the Players Helping Players forum. It may also be worth it to check what player-run communities are active in your server region, so you can join for organized and hopefully friendly and successful world boss kills, map meta event runs, or just silly fun things. For example, Europe has OpenCommunity, GW2Community, at least one German community that I heard but don't remember the name of, and likely others as well.

I hope you'll have lots of fun and find good people to enjoy the game with. :)

Archived