Double Dagger Mesmer = Assassin?

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Personally I really want it to be and am leaning more towards it being a land Spear.

I've mentioned many times in the past how great it would be for the Devs to mix land and water weapons together to give some extra weapon variation for land combat while also fillling the high demand for new land weapons, but to also greatly expand the variety of underwater weapon options as well which is something this game desperately needs.

We're going into Cantha next witch is obviously extremely Asian themed.
Across Asia to this day you can find various types of Spear martial arts and even Spear dancing.

I think this mesmer spec is going to be based on something like that.
Just looking at the armour, it definitely looks like some kind of dancer profession.

If you want a visual idea of what I have in mind for this elite spec then think of this.
Dynasty Warriors series.
Character: Diao Chan.
Just replace her signature duel maces with a spear.
https://imgur.com/BQKcjIc

• Confused 1

On 7/4/2021 at 4:15 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

its not overreaching... If u look at the hilt of the "dagger" its WAAAY longer rthen any other hilt.. and it also has no immediate Sense theres also a tumour looking thing on the otherside of her Arm which we cant identify currently. but i'd agree its very unlikely.

to the OP.. i think thief will get assassin. and if its Dagger its 1 dagger not 2. I think mesmers will get hexs. in some shape or form.

That is totes a dagger not a spear. And there is no way it would be assassin because that would be given to the thief class... c'mon peeps its obvious. With all these outlandish theories I could have thought this was the Warrior community. ;P This is all sarcasm and a joke don't take this seriously just poken fun.

I'm secretly hoping it's two daggers ... just like how SB was given two daggers; It really opens up lots of mix match options and having just an offhand weapon as an espec weapon is REALLY underwhelming.

While I wouldn't object to land spears, I'm in significant doubt at this point in the game, Anet would intro a completely new weapon type unless they had some clever way to share underwater spear skins with land ones and that would likely look very out of place.  

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 10:00 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

Spellbreaker got 2 weapons because warrior as a "weapons master" is lore wise considered to have to wield every dual wield able weapon it can wield in both hands. 

Mesmers don't share that fantasy nor does any other class. Hence why they won't get the same thing. 

I don't think it's comparable realistically. 

Sadly your just reliesing why people are hoping it's spear. 

What it could be. (Now this is reaching far) 

Ur mainhand Dagger. It's new mechanic is illusionary weapons.. instead of shatters you get illusion weapons on F1-4. 

You summon your offhand weapon.

Now it won't happen. Because I doubt gw2 engine could make this work. But it'd be a cool idea. 

So itd work almost like elementalist attunements but instead of elements it'd be illusionary weapon types. But only for Ur 3 4 and 5 effectively. 

Thief can go double dagger for condi.