Does this annoy you?

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

One should never walk around with their thing out; it's rude! 

Oh yeah.  I can see how that could be misinterpreted.  I mean to say Jeff, my head minion.  Jeff has been with me from the start and never taken a day off.

2 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Yes, vague topic titles annoy me.

The long ones annoy me.  By the time you've read the thing and go to the actual topic do you know what it says?

"Title say's it all."

So annoying.

Edited by Follyfoot.2803

On 7/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, Follyfoot.2803 said:

When mobs spawn out of then air or pop up out of the ground right on top of you?  I have noticed how this happens quite a lot in the later game and  I think it's pretty cheap.  I like my enemy's to arrive on the scene old school style, or already be present.

Mobs spawning out of thin air is old school style.

But the more serious answer is: the mobs do need to spawn somewhere.

31 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Mobs spawning out of thin air is old school style.

But the more serious answer is: the mobs do need to spawn somewhere.

Yes they do need a spawning point, and it's those that have nothing at all to do with what I'm saying.

Old school cheap spawning of mobs.  A tactic that was taken advantage of by ID to the extreme.  Yeah, I'm talking about mobs spawns that you trigger.  Cheap nasty spawns that you trigger.  Cheap nasty spawns that have only two purposes and those are to ruin the players day or make the programmers day a easy one.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Follyfoot.2803 said:

Yes they do need a spawning point, and it's those that have nothing at all to do with what I'm saying.

Old school cheap spawning of mobs.  A tactic that was taken advantage of by ID to the extreme.  Yeah, I'm talking about mobs spawns that you trigger.  Cheap nasty spawns that you trigger.  Cheap nasty spawns that have only two purposes and those are to ruin the players day or make the programmers day a easy one.

Oh, come on, the mobs are not there so you can have it easier. Of course they are there to ruin your day. If you let them

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Oh, come on, the mobs are not there so you can have it easier. Of course they are there to ruin your day. If you let them

I can't see anything wrong with having the physical stay in the physical world.  Let them be there on the spot or let them come prancing over the hill or alit from a nearby house.  Even after so, so may years of playing computer games I have never and will never accept the spawning of enemy's out of thin air.  When computers had a max of 8k they had a excuse now there is none.  It doesn't even fit into any sort of story nor lore.  It's kitten.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot.2803 said:

I can't see anything wrong with having the physical stay in the physical world.  Let them be there on the spot or let them come prancing over the hill or alit from a nearby house.  Even after so, so may years of playing computer games I have never and will never accept the spawning of enemy's out of thin air.  When computers had a max of 8k they had a excuse now there is none.  It doesn't even fit into any sort of story nor lore.  It's kitten.

And now you know why noone in PvP likes thieves.

Models can have 'spawn in' animations that are played right after the enemy spawns, like when a spider drops from above with their web, or when bandits appear to drop from a free, or when a ghost floats out of the ground, or when a mushrooms appears to be coming out of the ground.  

Having those animations ensures they won't attack you while they have just spawned, but they don't always seems to play even for enemies that have them. 

It would be nice if all models had those animations, and always played when they first spawn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Models can have 'spawn in' animations that are played right after the enemy spawns, like when a spider drops from above with their web, or when bandits appear to drop from a free, or when a ghost floats out of the ground, or when a mushrooms appears to be coming out of the ground.  

Having those animations ensures they won't attack you while they have just spawned, but they don't always seems to play even for enemies that have them. 

It would be nice if all models had those animations, and always played when they first spawn.

Exactly.

On 7/5/2021 at 9:05 AM, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

They did a nice job on chak I guess... Chak usually camouflage themselves and attach to wall ceiling and pipes... If you go near the area, they reveal themselves from camo and jump at you... Were you expecting that kind of ambush?

Are those the things in HOTs?  If they are the what I'm thinking of then I was not aware they could camo.

I'll tell you something else really annoying that I think a lot more of you will agree on.  Limping long after the fights over.  Does this annoy you?  It annoys the hell out of me.  Yeah limp in combat, you've been crippled.  But what purpose does it serve to keep you crippled long after the engagement?  None, other than yet again to frustrate the kitten out of the player.

29 minutes ago, Follyfoot.2803 said:

I'll tell you something else really annoying that I think a lot more of you will agree on.  Limping long after the fights over.  Does this annoy you?  It annoys the hell out of me.  Yeah limp in combat, you've been crippled.  But what purpose does it serve to keep you crippled long after the engagement?  None, other than yet again to frustrate the kitten out of the player.

That's what condi clears are for 😉 .

On 7/4/2021 at 11:01 AM, Follyfoot.2803 said:

Is there a purpose to this apart from trolling the player or is it down to lazy programming do you think?

I'm pretty sure that having mobs spawn under certain triggers involves a lot more programming than for them to already be present at the location.