questions about having 4 great swords with armory

Hey guys,

With the recent confirmation that current eternity owners will have 3 greatsword unlocks in the armory and some have exordium in addition will have a total of  4 greatswords.

i’m confused by the blog saying you could only add as many legendaries as it would hold in your weapon swap boxes.

Example four bolts swords, two in each box for a total of four. if you have 5 bolts you with have too many of one kind of weapon and anet with contact you.

with only two great swords being able to be held at the same time.  how does that work with some of us having 4 greatswords now?  sorry if i’m missing the obvious.

The way I understood it is regarding legendaries with the same skin. At least all the examples were with exactly the same legendary.

I guess if you have 4 greatswords - Well, you have enough legendaries to fill both swap slots, and you also keep the skin of all 4.

Edited by blackoil.2673

From the information currently available it seems as if the maximum amount of greatswords the armory will be able to hold is going to be 2 Sunrise, 2 Twilight, 2 Eternity and 2 Exordium. Anyone with more than that should be contacted by Arenanet for a "customized" solution.

They already answered that in the blog.

Since no character can ever equip more than four swords at once, your Legendary Armory will hold a maximum of four copies of Bolt, and a maximum of four copies of The Shining Blade. An equipment template only has space for two staves, so your Legendary Armory will hold a maximum of two copies of Bifrost and two copies of Nevermore.

Notice, how the cap is per specific legendary, not per legendary type. The legendary 1h sword cap will be four, but you will be able to have 8 of them (since there's 2 different ones). Same with staves - cap is 2, but you'll be able to have 4 (2 of each unique one). So, the real cap for legendary greatswords will be 8 (2x Twilight, 2x Sunrise, 2x Eternity and 2x Exordium).

• Like 1

As other people have said it sounds like the armoury treats each individual legendary as a separate item with a separate cap, so just like you can have 4 bolts and 4 shining blades you could have 2 twilights, 2 sunrises, 2 eternities and 2 exordiums. You won't be able to use them all at the same time of course but I suspect the choice was between that or restricting players to 1 of each (which would still leave some people with 2 more greatswords than they can use) and they decided this would be the better option for whatever reason.

48 minutes ago, xan.8936 said:

Hey guys,

With the recent confirmation that current eternity owners will have 3 greatsword unlocks in the armory and some have exordium in addition will have a total of  4 greatswords.

i’m confused by the blog saying you could only add as many legendaries as it would hold in your weapon swap boxes.

Example four bolts swords, two in each box for a total of four. if you have 5 bolts you with have too many of one kind of weapon and anet with contact you.

with only two great swords being able to be held at the same time.  how does that work with some of us having 4 greatswords now?  sorry if i’m missing the obvious.

afaik its as many as you can feasibly use per legendady, so 2 twillights, 2 eternities, 2 exordium etc.

so, it looks like you can 2 of each two-hander, 2 of each offhand, 2 of each mainhand, and 4 of each duel wield weapon... for example: 2 exordiums, 2 sunrises, 2 twilights, 2 eternity's, 4 bolts, 4 shining blades, 2 rodgorts, 2 Xicuatls(sp) all at the same time. so if you all all 3 gen staves, you could have 2 nevermores, 2 bifrosts, and 2 gen3 staves at the same time. but if you have MORE than the individual limit, Anet will contact you. like, if you have 3 eternity's and 1 exordium, they'd contact you because you have more than 2 eternity's.

i'm quoting from ANET's blog post:

We’ve identified a small number of players (approximately 0.008%) who own more account-bound copies of a unique legendary item than their Legendary Armory can hold. We’ll reach out to those players in the days following the release with information about how to resolve the issue.

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281