Allow WvW Ascended to be purchased with Testimony of Heroics

Jeknar.6184

@Justine.6351 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Testimony of heroics -> Memory of BattlePretty much anything else is just trying to find ways to circumvent a timegated material for personal instant gratification.

Jeknar, you are nearly 4k wvw, 70 spvp and 27k achievement. I have no idea why you are "suffering" to get ascended as you should have had full ascended multiple toons years ago. And probably multiple legendaries. I have a 6 piece set of mistforged heavy armor in storage with no use for it.

It's been 5 years of "Suffering" through the least rewarding game mode in the game or having to go to PvE to seek the shinies that god forbid the WvW players to get. Can't we get a break just now? These stupid Testimonies will just pile up in my bank just as Proofs of Heroics before them and Badges of Honor before them too without any real use other than buying Sigils of Frenzy or Runes of Firebrand and selling them until Arena Net decide to make them Account Bound like everything else that was sold by proofs during HoT.

And yes, I have 7 Full Ascended Armor sets, multiple Ascended Weapons and even a few legendaries, but I've been playing this game for 5 years now and people who do not WvW as their main activity have far more than that in the time I've played. Is it wrong to ask for a little somenthing now?

So buy siege and put in guild bank or just mail them to commanders?

Ask for a little what? What are you lacking that you do not already have? I myself am probably going to start working on legendary wvw armor or idk maybe finish buying the rest of the Mistforged skins. Idk what I am even supposed to do with tickets at this point.

I could still use one or two extra sets of Medium ascended (I only have one) to test different builds, but my tickets are all going towards the Legendary Armor of my Mesmer atm. And considering I'm still missing about 3400 tickets to finish it, I won't be getting any extra ascendeds from WvW anytime soon. Also it would be nice not having to farm Berries, Stumps and Blood Rubies for Ascended Acessories everytime I want to try a new stat combination, plus, how I am supposed to get ascended PoF stats other than the Mist Accessories atm?

There are just so many things I could buy if they weren't locked behind the tickets...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Testimony of heroics -> Memory of BattlePretty much anything else is just trying to find ways to circumvent a timegated material for personal instant gratification.

Jeknar, you are nearly 4k wvw, 70 spvp and 27k achievement. I have no idea why you are "suffering" to get ascended as you should have had full ascended multiple toons years ago. And probably multiple legendaries. I have a 6 piece set of mistforged heavy armor in storage with no use for it.

It's been 5 years of "Suffering" through the least rewarding game mode in the game or having to go to PvE to seek the shinies that god forbid the WvW players to get. Can't we get a break just now? These stupid Testimonies will just pile up in my bank just as Proofs of Heroics before them and Badges of Honor before them too without any real use other than buying Sigils of Frenzy or Runes of Firebrand and selling them until Arena Net decide to make them Account Bound like everything else that was sold by proofs during HoT.

And yes, I have 7 Full Ascended Armor sets, multiple Ascended Weapons and even a few legendaries, but I've been playing this game for 5 years now and people who do not WvW as their main activity have far more than that in the time I've played. Is it wrong to ask for a little somenthing now?

Ask for a little what? What are you lacking that you do not already have? I myself am probably going to start working on legendary wvw armor or idk maybe finish buying the rest of the Mistforged skins. Idk what I am even supposed to do with tickets at this point.

I could still use one or two extra sets of Medium ascended (I only have one) to test different builds, but my tickets are all going towards the Legendary Armor of my Mesmer atm. And considering I'm still missing about 3400 tickets to finish it, I won't be getting any extra ascendeds from WvW anytime soon. Also it would be nice not having to farm Berries, Stumps and Blood Rubies for Ascended Acessories everytime I want to try a new stat combination, plus, how I am supposed to get ascended PoF stats other than the Mist Accessories atm?

There are just so many things I could buy if they weren't locked behind the tickets...

So buy them with the tickets you are pouring into legendary armor? As for LS3 mats, there are rewards tracks.

You know all of this, I thought maybe you were trolling with this thread but I'm actually off-put by the possibility you are being serious. It's kind of facepalm to think a player with your experience is having these struggles.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:It make sense to lock ascended behind a timegate currency, it is consistent to all the ascended armor gears purchasable through vendor, be it fotm or raid.

And then why the spvp ascendeds aren't locked behind a timegated currency? You people keep repeating everything should be timegated but you are forgetting that the only timegate for ascended is on WvW while the other game modes you can either just straight craft it, or straight purchase from the vendor with a currency you can obtain through repeatable means (Ascended Shards of Glory).

You got a point but seeing that most contents are timegated, it is more convincing to question why PvP is so unique that it is not timegated than requesting WvW to be removed from timegate.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:It make sense to lock ascended behind a timegate currency, it is consistent to all the ascended armor gears purchasable through vendor, be it fotm or raid.

And then why the spvp ascendeds aren't locked behind a timegated currency? You people keep repeating everything should be timegated but you are forgetting that the only timegate for ascended is on WvW while the other game modes you can either just straight craft it, or straight purchase from the vendor with a currency you can obtain through repeatable means (Ascended Shards of Glory).

You got a point but seeing that most contents are timegated, it is more convincing to question why PvP is so unique that it is not timegated than requesting WvW to be removed from timegate.

Pvp is timegated..... go try and get Ascended Shards Of Glory right now.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

That's season gated.

Justifying season gating for the repeatable reward track.... In that case, the repeatable reward track should have a cap to account for the off season to be fair to all game modes.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

That's season gated.

Justifying season gating for the repeatable reward track.... In that case, the repeatable reward track should have a cap to account for the off season to be fair to all game modes.

It is a time gate, there is no arguing that, or do we have to go over what defines a timegate? it’s just a different form then WvW, and then there is the fact that there are queue times involved and match duration times on top of all that while WvW has non of those restrictions, WvW is literally zone in Get Pips every 5 mins get rewarded. And in WvW without fail you can get Tickets while Pvp can have weeks to months of not being able to acquire Shards.

Again apples to oranges.

It isn't comparing apples to orange. The seasons are setup on a predetermined time length. If it is predetermine, the amount of weeks can also be determined. If accounting for both seasons and off seasons time length is 10 weeks (assuming), then the total amount of shards obtainable should be that of 10 weeks equivalent of pve or wvw.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:It isn't comparing apples to orange. The seasons are setup on a predetermined time length. If it is predetermine, the amount of weeks can also be determined. If accounting for both seasons and off seasons time length is 10 weeks (assuming), then the total amount of shards obtainable should be that of 10 weeks equivalent of pve or wvw.

Off season length isn’t predetermined otherwise there wouldn’t be different gaps between seasons majority were 4 weeks some 6 weeks one 10 week gap and there has been a 2 week gap, so no it’s not predetermined in any sense of the word and again you are factoring in the difference in acquisition, Pvp has Queue Times and match times on top of that while WvW you just have to passively gain every 5 mins to gain rewards.

Again Pvp Shards are timegated no if, and, or buts about it.

Again apples to oranges.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:It is predetermined, if not, how can you explain the next season timing stated in the screen? This is pure hard logic.

It been variable for every season, and they don’t know when the next season is happening till after the previous one ends not before, again this is logic based on history of each season. Kinda like how it’s hard logic that it’s a time gate.

Again apples to oranges between the two Reward structures.

@Jeknar.6184 said:

@Justine.6351 said:

@Jeknar.6184 said:

I know what your saying about the ascended trinkets part. Do blood rubies so you can just change the stats when you want to try a different build. It's the least costly Option.

Get four rings and two amulets. This allows you two different sets to trial. It's only another 100 rubies to swap the stats.

It isn't perfect, but helps with some of the aggravation.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

while WvW you just have to passively gain every 5 mins to gain rewards.

Not really passive...if you're not taking camps, killing guards or players, your participation decays until you don't get any pips. Earlier in the week, I had just logged on and it was announced that our Air Keep was being hit, so I went to help. They outnumbered us and were able to wipe us a couple of times. Because Anet doesn't reward an unsuccessful defense, and doesn't award damage to players, just kills, then you can have a long defense of an objective during which your participation does not increase. Since I had just logged on and started at 0, it took me longer to get up to Tier 3 participation because of that botched defense. I was active in the defense, but unless you can check off certain things happening, your participation can stall or start decaying.

Does PvP work the same way as far as participation? Or can you just enter a match and as long as you are "there" you are going to get reward track progress, or do you actually have to win, get kills or claim objectives to get that progress?

@Sylvyn.4750 said:Does PvP work the same way as far as participation? Or can you just enter a match and as long as you are "there" you are going to get reward track progress, or do you actually have to win, get kills or claim objectives to get that progress?

As long you're are "there" you will get pips... You can't go full AFK because the game will kick you. But you can pretend you are playing the match and the worst you'll get is people saying you are shit. Exactly like WvW.The difference is: One will keep awarding you repeatable currency while the other will not.

Archived