So This July 13 Game Updates...

5 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

That percentage was for those that have multiple of the same set.

Also I find it amusing a common complaint is that GW2 PvE is too easy, but every time Anet release something that is even the slightest bit harder the forum is filled with cries.

Different players saying that.

Considering we got a instant swap ability on our bar, that's already something EVERYONE can use. Yet along unlocking your first legend for your account being now a massive boost to your account for both fighters and fashion warriors. 

With content that is new to a lot of people all wrapped into it. 

This is an awesome update, a great QOL update that gives us content. Whats to complain? we need more harder content. Failing should always be a part of something, it makes this better then dragonstorm cause you have to actually try. Makes it a TON of a lot more fun. 

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Also I find it amusing a common complaint is that GW2 PvE is too easy, but every time Anet release something that is even the slightest bit harder the forum is filled with cries.

It's almost like different people have different opinions on difficulty.

Arenanet could reduce the complains by adding multiple difficulties,

but for all we know Arenanet doesn't care about that.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Yeah but a lot of us knew the fight. It's not significantly different from the last time we did it, except now we have break bars.

Just curious, because the encounter randomly populates the platforms, sometimes with zero players on one causing it to fail, and players have no control over that...how is that a git gud scenario?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yes, and it's weird we need to point it out to ourselves since we are all a single unified mind. Why are we talking to ourselves on these forums anyway? A hive mind needs no language and there are no opinions. We pretend to amuse ourselves we suppose...

Edited by Yggranya.5201
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sylvyn.4750 said:

Just curious, because the encounter randomly populates the platforms, sometimes with zero players on one causing it to fail, and players have no control over that...how is that a git gud scenario?  

No one said it's a good scenario. That said, I did the public five times yesterday and we succeeded all five times. I've yet to fail it in a public instance.  So even though  this can happen, and even though twice we had groups fail, the next group just picked them up. In other words if that did happen (and I don't believe it did), the next group was still able to pull out a victory.

That said, I think the public with more people is far better balanced than the instance, and that needs to be looked at. Which has little to do with the "difficulty of the fight". Obviously an unattended platform is an issue.

Tell me are you doing the instanced verison or the public version?

20 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

That percentage was for those that have multiple of the same set.

Yes. Because the same people who complain that the game is too easy are the same people that complain the game is too hard.

• Confused 1

On 7/13/2021 at 11:01 PM, radda.8920 said:

No they remain a significant number of HM players in pve, I see them all the time in raids, t4/Cm fractals, strikes and some metas. They have the right to have content, we are talking about ONE single update since  the sunqua peak fractal anyway ...

Do you really want to endure mediocre content like dragon storm/DRM on a loop? I admit that I do not understand. It feels so good to have metas that give you a bit of adrenaline.

so much more fun than spamming 1 without looking at your computer.

I don't disagree but rather than waiting around in an uber casual game with hella gatekeeping raiders and went to other games for endgame content. GW2 is fine to be casual, hardly anyone raids, so why bother putting more in if they're not gonna support it and make them more accessible. I've seen every raid in 14 its so ez to get into groups, I haven't seen a single raid in GW2. 

ANet isn't interested in the community playing them otherwise they would put systems in place so players can see it. 'Hardcore' players in GW2 are like mythic raiders in WoW, the 1% exclusive community. I just don't see the point adding difficult content when it seems like the LFG system or lack thereof works against you even trying it. GW2 is long past the whole "we gotta be different for the sake of being different" and stop being ignorant like Blizzard and support all their content, delete the absolute garbage LFG tool and implement something much more straight forward organized and have queue systems in place with a normal and hardmode so everyone can try it.

How many of you have done a raid? I'd say probably 90% of players in GW2 do not raid nor have ever seen one. Even WoW has LFR. Its such a waste of content to make it so inaccessible, why these devs held on to the most ancient grouping tool is mind boggling I thought they wanted to be better than the rest of MMOs with arbitrary restrictions. It doesn't help that this just breeds elitism and leads to gatekeeping.

This is coming from personal experience, I got dungeon master early in the game, have achieved legendary rank in pvp, done the highest frac, but with no friends who play anymore and trying to join discords,guilds, still had a hell of a time to find a single raid that would take me and that was just a month or 2 ago that I tried to raid. Maybe I missed the train, but at least  I can actually get into raids in other MMOs.

Edited by Rukia.4802
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2