Legendary Armory: Feedback & Suggestions

First of, thank you for introducing this feature! 😊 I'm glad everything worked perfectly fine on release. 👍

Feeback

• I love the build/gear select feature added to the weapon swap icon.
  • It's fantastic that each loadout can have different armor skins.
  • Very happy to see that a legendary rune can be used on ascended aquabreathers across the whole account.

Suggestions

• Most importantly, please add an Equipment Template Storage. It's painfully time-consuming to "swap on the run" on legendary gear vs a simple two-clicks on ascended gear!
  • When I copy gear to another tab, the selected dyes are not copied - one has to take screenshots and manually adjust all the colors. Can/Will that be changed in the future?
  • Someone suggested different outfits, glider and mounts for each loadout. That sounds like fun.

Question

• Are you planning on giving us something else to do with our spare ascended gear other than salvaging it with existing means or selling it to a merchant? (I'm holding on to 200+ pieces until I know whether it's safe to salvage them if you don't have any plans for these. So, please let us know, thank you!)
  • If not, how about adding an endless Gem Store item that can consume ascended gear and either salvage it like an ascended salvage tool or exchange it for something else? Just an idea.

Again, thank you for this most appreciated update. 🙂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

First of, thank you for introducing this feature! I'm glad everything worked perfectly fine on release. 👍

Feeback

• I love the build/gear select feature added to the weapon swap icon.
  • It's fantastic that each loadout can have different armor skins.
  • Very happy to see that a legendary rune can be used on ascended aquabreathers across the whole account.

Thanks for all that and the armory per se. 😊

Suggestions

• Most importantly, please add an Equipment Template Storage. It's painfully time-consuming to "swap on the run" on legendary gear vs a simple two-clicks on ascended gear!
  • When I copy gear to another tab, the selected dyes are not copied - one has to take screenshots and manually adjust all the colors. Can/Will that be changed in the future?
  • Someone suggested different outfits, glider and mounts for each loadout. That sounds like fun.

Question

• Are you planning on giving us something else to do with our spare ascended gear other than salvaging it with existing means or selling it to a merchant?
  • If not, how about adding an "endless" Gem Store icon that can consume ascended gear (and either salvage it like an ascended salvage tool or exchange it for something else)? Just an idea.

Any 'Ascended Salvaging Kit' that they put in the store would cost 1g per use.

15 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Any 'Ascended Salvaging Kit' that they put in the store would cost 1g per use.

Hmm, perhaps. Like I said in another post, even currently it would be probably the wisest cost decision to simply sell the gear to a merchant. I just wanted to know if they had plans for said gear.

30 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hmm, perhaps. Like I said in another post, even currently it would be probably the wisest cost decision to simply sell the gear to a merchant. I just wanted to know if they had plans for said gear.

Probably not seeing as salvaging them gives materials needed for crafting more legendary gear, and chances at rare drops for the Fractal Reliquary collection. There is already a use for existing Ascended gear, so why add more uses? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

There is already a use for existing Ascended gear, so why add more uses? 

I just want to know whether they intend to add something. Someone mentioned this the other day, and ever since I don't dare to salvage my tons of now useless ascended gear in fear of missing out on something better to do with it.

All clear now? Good, let's move on...

2 minutes ago, Myriada.7580 said:

Hard agree with all of the points listed. The legendary armory brings a ton of QoL for sharing legendary gear across characters, but swapping weapons around could use a tweak for it to truly be seamless while playing.

Yes. ❤️

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I just want to know whether they intend to add something. Someone mentioned this the other day, and ever since I don't dare to salvage my tons of now useless ascended gear in fear of missing out on something better to do with it.

All clear now? Good, let's move on...

Yes. ❤️

Oh, we're clear. It's just that there are already uses for ascended gear that is not longer needed so why would Anet add anything else?

The armory sadly is kitten by the templates because anet decided to be stingy (giving only 2 and char specific) and because they wanted the gear to move in to the armory making on the fly abjustments that dont warrant templates a chore.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

i salvaged all my ascended armor yesterday. Kept the weapons for the time being. Salavaged a ton of rings since i have 2 conflux and salvaged all my back pieces (i have ascension)
i run out of bag space as it is, so clearing up some stuff i know i will never use. 

Somehow i doubt ANET will put anything special for salvaging ascended gear. And if they do it could be many many many months from now. 

• Sad 1

I love the armory (I do happen to be in the group with an advantage - I favor multiple toons over multiple builds per single toon, so people like me get a lot more bang for the buck), but I would very much like a stat/fashion template that's set. As it is, you accidentally put on a different weapon, or heavens forbid a different piece of armor and you have to reset everything from scratch - your dyes, your skins, your stats, your runes and sigils. From this perspective, it's actually more convenient to hang onto your old ascended gear, because that's just plopping in and out of your inventory instead of accidentally plopping in and out of existence.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Changer the Elder.2948 said:

I love the armory (I do happen to be in the group with an advantage - I favor multiple toons over multiple builds per single toon, so people like me get a lot more bang for the buck), but I would very much like a stat/fashion template that's set. As it is, you accidentally put on a different weapon, or heavens forbid a different piece of armor and you have to reset everything from scratch - your dyes, your skins, your stats, your runes and sigils. From this perspective, it's actually more convenient to hang onto your old ascended gear, because that's just plopping in and out of your inventory instead of accidentally plopping in and out of existence.

Thanks. That sums it up nicely. 🙂

• Thanks 1