Compensation: Excess Legendary Armor (Non-Duplicates)

33 minutes ago, Turtle Dragon.9241 said:

The biggest issue at hand was not really compensation. Although it seemed unfair at first, the compensation other players got was not much either(they got to pick a second set of Legendary Armor).

Even among the 0.008%, it was unlikely that someone went out of their way to craft 2 sets of Legendary Raid Heavy Armor without owning a set for the other 2 armor weights as well. Therefore, most people who did get compensation got to choose a Legendary Armor from a different game mode instead.

You have 1 Legendary Raid Heavy Armor, and 1 Legendary WvW Heavy Armor(with Ascended T3 skin).

They have 2 Legendary Raid Heavy Armor, and get to pick between 1 Legendary WvW or PvP Heavy Armor(with Ascended T3 skin) instead.

You end up in the same place in the end, see? They end up with at most an Ascended T3 WvW/PvP skin too. 

At the end of the day, most of us who crafted more Legendary Armors than possible got screwed for having wasted a Legendary Armor's worth of mats on nothing(since WvW/PvP do not have unique skins), with or without compensation.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I do not think I agree entirely with what you are saying though. To me this reads like you think that it is not worth treating these cases equally to actual duplicate armor cases because the number of people who would actually benefit from such a compensation is small/non-existent. I do not know the numbers, but neither does anybody else (except maybe ArenaNet). What I can say is that for me the compensation would have been a good thing. I do not own runes or sigils and I could very much make a lot of use of a light/medium set. My decision to craft a second heavy set was a close one as I do play all 9 classes. But I do not think this should matter.

I think the first step should be to treat excess same-weight armor equally regardless of game modes so that whether or not the compensation is useful is up to the person receiving it. I believe this should be done first because it looks like an understandable oversight due to it being such a niche scenario. And then as a second step review the options of said compensation keeping in mind the points you made. Your proposals sound fair to me and I believe they should be heard. I just hope that you see why the first step is also important. I would be happy to discuss this further if you disagree or I failed to bring my point across!

Edited by Morghulis.5923
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Morghulis.5923 said:

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I do not think I agree entirely with what you are saying though. To me this reads like you think that it is not worth treating these cases equally to actual duplicate armor cases because the number of people who would actually benefit from such a compensation is small/non-existent.

Not at all. I was the first to propose that having 2 different armor sets of the same weight should still get compensated(see other thread). But then, I saw what compensation other people actually got and I've made my peace with it.

Two things:

1) It is still bad that almost everyone who made more Legendary Armors than they can wear got screwed over. 

2) The compensation just made it so that most people got screwed over more equally rather than compensating anything.

Your case is very unique(as in you made 2 Heavy Armors from different game modes) before you made other weights or Runes/Sigils. As far as I am concerned, you still deserve compensation(as do many others).

We are not the worst case scenario for sure though. Consider people who made all 9 Legendary Armors(1 of each weight, 1 from each game mode) literally lost 6 Legendary Armors worth of mats with no compensation either. 

Let's hope someday ArenaNet does the right thing and give the Legendary WvW & PvP Armors their own unique skins, as is deserving of every Legendary.

Edited by Turtle Dragon.9241
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2021 at 12:39 AM, Metaljaw.6437 said:

Sorry. I don't feel for you considering I don't even have a legendary trinket yet.

Envy isn't pretty. :classic_wink: You seem to forget that players spent resources (time, materials, effort) into getting their legendaries. You're acting as if they got them for free and have no right to be critical of the current system. :classic_rolleyes:

And frankly, you don't need to feel for any of the 0,008% of the players - this doesn't concern you, so don't attempt to meddle in affairs to which you cannot possibly relate.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I think they rushed the automatic compensation system. It could have been something like a Legendary Salvage NPC that turns your duplicates (or now unwanted legendaries) back into materials. Items in the real world (think cars) generally lose value with age. They could have implemented a similar system where the amount of mats you get back depend on the items age and the actual use you already got out of them.

That looks like the most fair and clean system to me.

Could also open the system up to everyone, not just people who got duplicates. Maybe you crafted a legendary way back which you don't have much use for now anymore.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Envy isn't pretty. :classic_wink: You seem to forget that players spent resources (time, materials, effort) into getting their legendaries. You're acting as if they got them for free and have no right to be critical of the current system. :classic_rolleyes:

And frankly, you don't need to feel for any of the 0,008% of the players - this doesn't concern you, so don't attempt to meddle in affairs to which you cannot possibly relate.

Hell i didnt have any duplicates and i think its idiotic that they didnt give players who had wvw and pvp armor something given how NOT UNIQUE the skins are. Seriously its the same skin as the ascended armor. Give it its own unique skin at least.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dante.1763 said:

Hell i didnt have any duplicates and i think its idiotic that they didnt give players who had wvw and pvp armor something given how NOT UNIQUE the skins are. Seriously its the same skin as the ascended armor. Give it its own unique skin at least.

Uhm, well, yes... Unfortunately, your response has zero to do with the response you quoted. :classic_huh:

2 hours ago, abandoned.5073 said:

I think they rushed the automatic compensation system. It could have been something like a Legendary Salvage NPC that turns your duplicates (or now unwanted legendaries) back into materials. Items in the real world (think cars) generally lose value with age. They could have implemented a similar system where the amount of mats you get back depend on the items age and the actual use you already got out of them.

That's what I suggested back in May and June. I was surprised to see their actual solution - which treated many of the 0,008% quite unfairly compared to the rest.

I'm sure support is drowning in tickets, and I feel sorry for them.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1

Yea I think this may have been poorly thought out, espeically since Legendary Trunks are kinda dubious value for people whose problem is excess legendary armor.

I think any extra legendary armor regardless of name should be considered excess, and given a trunks. . You should be able to exchange an arbitrary amount of legendary trunks for a legendary reliquary. I was thinking 6:1, but it could be higher.

Also maybe WvW legendaries could get its own skin.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 3