Players with WvW/PvP legendary armor, and PvE raid legendary armor

Oliber.5142

I understand that airing "dirty laundry" from tickets is generally not the done thing on forums - however support recommended that I do so (ticket 8197428).

I'll preface this with a quick TL;DR edition - I made WvW legendary set long ago, then made all 3 weights of PvE armor, support says they are separate and unique - so I get no refund for my now useless set of gear and I should make a forum thread to complain.

The less TL;DR edition:

I made a support ticket highlighting my concern on Monday because the communication was worded such that it could be read that the team would reach out to users before the patch landed, they informed me that I would receive a communication about any "duplicates" via in game mail and to update the ticket if I did not receive an in game mail/message.

I waited 24hrs after the patch had landed, updated the ticket and informed them that I had not been contacted and that my WvW and PvE armor sets were both present in the armory, the important part of the response was: "In this case, please keep in mind that the PvE and WvW Legendary armor sets each have their own limit in the armory and, as such are not eligible for excess compensation. Compensation is only given in the event that two identical sets (for example, two light armor Perfected Envoy pieces) were on the account at the time of release. Users with sets from two different game modes have extra skins unlocked on their account that users who only crafted multiple sets from a single game mode are missing out on, so users with both already have the benefit of having more skins unlocked!"

My response was as follows:

"I understand that this is the current position; however I believe the argument of extra skins unlocked when considering WvW and PvP armor does not hold true- the Triumphant, and Mistforged Triumphant armor sets are available to unlock through ascended skins after collecting enough skirmish claim tickets and a sufficient WvW rank; perhaps if these did offer a unique skin I would be less frustrated here.

After the armory changes, the incentive for a user to craft the PvE legendary set is greatly reduced for players that have previously crafted an armor set from a different game mode, as they will now only gain an additional skin and create clutter in the armory UI.

I understand that the PvE skin does offer a level of prestige that players strive to attain; however it appears that the boxes that are offered to users with over-cap items are offered the PvE skin no matter if they have previously unlocked it, or completed any PvE raid achievements previously."

The support response to this was to this was to recommend I create this forum post, with the following statement:

"Members of the Development Team read the forums daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a particular idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own."

I hope others are equally frustrated that their armory now has at least one set of dead weight armor, who's functionality is now account wide and performing in the same way as a user who had created a single set of that weight.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

No one should get any compensation , end of story, those that did need to be retracted. 

Why?

What's your problem with compensating people?

What earthly difference does it make to your life?

Thoughts:

You only need 1 piece of armor for each weight class, so extras should be considered redundant.

Incidentally I reskinned some of my wvw legendaries to mistforged instead of mistforged sublime because the shiny effect got tiresome. 

I think 6 legendary trunks should be able to be exchanged for 1 legendary reliquary.

However, I also think PvP and WvW legendary armor should be worth its own achievement and unlocking them all should yield its own unique skin. As is, there's no reason to make wvw legendary armor if you did the raid ones.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

• 3 months later...

There is two things here:

1. The skin

2. The legendary piece. 

WVW and PVP legendary pieces cost just as much as the Raid legendary pieces.

WVW and PVP skins do not require you to craft legendary piece(s) to get the skin.

So make no mistake, it is completely fair for people that have invested significant gold and already have legendary pvp/raid piece(s), to want to only buy the raid skin.   They will have to do just as may raids, and collect just as many Legendary Insights to get that skin as you you did. They should not have to pay double the price in gold just to get a raid skin. 

So if you have the raid armor be happy you did not get screwed over, but you have no right to think that your LI is somehow better than my LI. I just want the skin which I rightly earned with my LI. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I only ever crafted 3 sets of the WvW Legendary armor, however it took a considerable amount of time, effort and gold investment to get them. As a WvW focused player, that was ok with me! I did not wish to spend my time in PVE (away from WvW) working on alternative Legendary Armor.

It does seem unfair for people who crafted both not to get the "compensatory" perks that the PVE people did.

It was also a great disappointment to me personally, that the WvW armor did not have a dedicated Legendary skin, or any achievements for creating it, unlike the PVE versions.

OP has legitimate complaint imho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Terrier.8732 said:

I only ever crafted 3 sets of the WvW Legendary armor, however it took a considerable amount of time, effort and gold investment to get them. As a WvW focused player, that was ok with me! I did not wish to spend my time in PVE (away from WvW) working on alternative Legendary Armor.

It does seem unfair for people who crafted both not to get the "compensatory" perks that the PVE people did.

It was also a great disappointment to me personally, that the WvW armor did not have a dedicated Legendary skin, or any achievements for creating it, unlike the PVE versions.

OP has legitimate complaint imho.

If a wvw person made a second set of wvwvw armor same weight and skin they got the same perk as a pve that did 2 of the same pve one.

On 7/19/2021 at 2:31 AM, Oliber.5142 said:

~snip~

So you make an item that is now redundant and you want a refund on it? Are you taking into account that ANet has given you unlimited sets of Legendary armor now? Like, previously you only had 4 sets you could keep on 4 characters without having to swap gear all the time. Now, you have a legendary armor set for every character you have or make in the future.

Why do you think you should get a refund? 

Can I also get a refund on all the materials I put into ascended crafting over the years which is now redundant too?