Warrior Rifle still not fun to play due to Brutal Shot cast time

SpaceMarine.1836

Hi,

after a recent big update which overhauled Warrior rifle to be more fun, I was hoping it will finally be the case, but unfortunately, the rifle is still quite frustrating to play compared to other weapons, not just in terms of Warrior.

The biggest issue imho is the insanely long cast time for Brutal Shot. It's 1/2 seconds but definitely feels more like 2/3 seconds. Since it's supposed to be an evasive skill, it's important for it to react much faster. Half a second is simply way too long for any evasion to succeed, especially in PVP, but it is in fact so slow that it's not enough to evade even PVE mobs. It's simply not on par with pretty much all other evasive weapon skills found in the game, where the cast time is usually instant.

On top of that, there seems to be some bug where Brutal Shot often just fails. You press the button, the cooldown goes off but nothing happens at all. The super long cast time combined with unreliable behavior IMO ruins the rifle overhaul.

My suggestion would be simple:

Reduce Brutal Shot cast time to 1/4th seconds and look into the bug that causes it to fail often yet go into complete cooldown.

I do realize that in PVP, players should have at least some time to evade the skill like Brutal Shot, since it inflicts immobilize. So it'd be fair to perhaps reduce also immobilize time from 1 and 1/2s to just 1s.

Edited by SpaceMarine.1836
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, SpaceMarine.1836 said:

Hi,

after a recent big update which overhauled Warrior rifle to be more fun, I was hoping it will finally be the case, but unfortunately, the rifle is still quite frustrating to play compared to other weapons, not just in terms of Warrior.

The biggest issue imho is the insanely long cast time for Brutal Shot. It's 1/2 seconds but definitely feels more like 2/3 seconds. Since it's supposed to be an evasive skill, it's important for it to react much faster. Half a second is simply way too long for any evasion to succeed, especially in PVP, but it is in fact so slow that it's not enough to evade even PVE mobs. It's simply not on par with pretty much all other evasive weapon skills found in the game, where the cast time is usually instant.

On top of that, there seems to be some bug where Brutal Shot often just fails. You press the button, the cooldown goes off but nothing happens at all. The super long cast time combined with unreliable behavior IMO ruins the rifle overhaul.

My suggestion would be simple:

Reduce Brutal Shot cast time to 1/4th seconds and look into the bug that causes it to fail often yet go into complete cooldown.

I do realize that in PVP, players should have at least some time to evade the skill like Brutal Shot, since it inflicts immobilize. So it'd be fair to perhaps reduce also immobilize time from 1 and 1/2s to just 1s.

Just give the round that is fired a different vapor trail to give counterplay. The immobilize needs the duration it has to help setup Kill Shot with quickness applied.

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Just give the round that is fired a different vapor trail to give counterplay. The immobilize needs the duration it has to help setup Kill Shot with quickness applied.

At this point just make it a dodge skill, kitten the imob, make kill shot castable on the move like Gunflame, blam , give the rifle butt a movement ability like charge on GS and basically make it long range  GS, make Arms the rifle traitline with rifle/bow stuff and tada new playstyle, make it clash with melee by leaving discipline the needed option for close range weapons and make lets say sword rifle/bow work on 10 cd swap with fancier skills when you take arms.

Edited by Vancho.8750
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vancho.8750 said:

At this point just make it a dodge skill, kitten the imob, make kill shot castable on the move like Gunflame, blam , give the rifle butt a movement ability like charge on GS and basically make it long range  GS, make Arms the rifle traitline with rifle/bow stuff and tada new playstyle, make it clash with melee by leaving discipline the needed option for close range weapons and make lets say sword rifle/bow work on 10 cd swap with fancier skills when you take arms.

Warrior with 0 fcks left to give right there.

Me too fwiw.

I'm all in on radically changing Arms to be the 'Ranged + Condi" traitline.

• Like 1

I'm all in on this thread ... completely agree. In fact, I was going to make a thread on this myself it's so frustrating. 

It's pretty stupid to have any cast time on a skill that gives an evade. You ALREADY need to have a decent reaction time to evade things ... and now you need to add another half second to effectively use Brutal Shot to evade those things. Completely worthless unless something has a large tell. 

I'm going to suggest that the skill be changed so that it's a no-cast time evade. If you evade, then a whole bunch of 'brutal' stuff happens to your opponent AFTER you evaded. I can see that COULD be a problem with putting you out of range ... I'm OK with that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

Don't worry guys. They already know that. And they won't fix it. Because they understood how bad it was and fixed it for Deadeye. Who gets to port almost 1200 range backwards instantly as a shadowstep. 

🗣️🅱️ruh

Jokes aside, at this point I always precast it after a jump in hope of evading stuff before the enemy even launches their attack. 

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098

Rifle's range is a joke. Warriors forced to go ranged is also a joke. They should just let us hold it upside down like a blunt weapon so we can start owning people in the face slamming the rifle butt. They haven't given anything to keep the dmn melee class sustain in the melee range yet. At this point I couldn't care less about it. 

• Like 1