HoT HP Train?

Hello everyone!

I have been looking for an HP train for HoT to start however have had no luck finding one. Just curious if anyone knows if and guilds or anything have a scheduled one or if anyone knows if there is a specific day/time someone typically starts them?

My characters is sadly built around the elite spec and the gear can't do anything alone so have not even unlocked the waypoints yet. 

Hello!  There are 2 or 3 commanders who run through HoT (VB-AB-TD) HPs each weekend.  I saw 2 of them running yesterday.  They always post their squads in the LFG tool under Heart of Thorns.  There are also PoF HP runs, also posted to LFG for anyone who needs. 

(Thank goodness for these wonderful commanders who help the rest of us out!  They often don't require but do appreciate tips.  For the time they put in, they are deserving. I don't know where I'd be today without these fine folks.🙂)

I just double-checked and don't see them running yet (or I'd send you their name) but please keep an eye and ear out to the LFG tool.  If I see one pop-up today, I'll reach out.  They definitely do not disappoint.

• Like 5

Lots of them are solo-able, some of them are quite easy to solo, and others are possible to solo with the right build/masteries (Adrenal Mushrooms = easy, speed mushrooms = nice buff). There's a Dulfy guide for each map that gives you an idea of which ones you can do yourself. For the ones you can't, shout out in chat and someone should join you.

You should definitely get used to exploring HoT though: most trains use WPs (and mounts, too), so it's in your interest to have an idea of where things are and how to get to them. Plus HoT has the absolute best designed maps in the game.

It was just a few months ago i did them on my Guardian and Thief, and the hardest ones (like the vampire bat thing high up in Verdant Brink) had tiny groups of 2-3 trying to hit it every few minutes.

• Like 1

I found HoT very confusing to navigate. If you have PoF, I would suggest actually working your way through those maps before going through HoT. Feel free to look me up (home world is Borlis Pass .. don't know if that matters) if you want someone to explore with -- I haven't done a whole lot in HoT, myself.

Edited by loveforlove.5281

Most HoT hero challenges can be soloed only by elite players. I know a good HP train leader who has run most of my characters through them. He is often on Sunday mornings and advertises in LA map chat as well as in the LFG tool. Regularly check that tool for VB, AB and TD where they get frequently advertised.

PoF hero challenges are usually challenging, but soloable. With a friend or two, they are cake.

• Thanks 1