How do you feel about EoD after the livestream? POLL

How do you feel about EoD after the livestream?  

376 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about EoD after the livestream?

• Hyped
    • Somewhat hyped
    • Neutral
    • Somewhat underwhelmed
    • Underwhelmed

5 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

pretty sure they said open beta available to all accounts including free ones. However they didn’t say what form the beta would take (new server, instanced, pvx?)

It will probably be like how the betas have been in the past, completly in game, no new server. you can just use the elite specs in game for a week

I was expecting to be disappointed, if I am honest. I was in the "Tengu or bust!" camp. I was not surprised that there was no mention of Tengu though but the mention of new maps with emphasis on exploring, the mount that  you can carry your friends with and fishing - makes me think the expansion is going to give us opportunities or tools to chill  out and bring new life to older (core?) maps.  That sounds so good to me. Guild Wars 2 is something I've used to cope with turmoil and hearing that there's new ways to relax in it is my cup of tea. 

So I am a little hyped yes. I can't wait to hear about the other specializations!

• Like 2

They cant match the hype they had back when they announced HoT. All they did back then was subtly drop the expansion trailer as a part of that last LS2 instance, and it got the whole population buzzing. Then they did that huge reveal. And things like gliding and elite specs were a Huge deal back then.

Now its just like "eh. Thats nice i guess.". It lacks that "oomph". E.g. what is the expansion's unique, gamechanging feature? HoT=Gliding, PoF=Mounts, EoD=...Fishing?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...

Entirely underwhelmed. Honestly, the whole fishing thing sounds like a joke. And the boats? We have skimmers already, if the point is to get from point A to point B via water. Perhaps if we didn't have skimmers, if mounts were solely a land/air based thing.. But no. 

Or well, alright, for active roleplayers I can see fishing and boats as neat new features, to be used when roleplaying. But apart from that, for the majority of the players who aren't roleplayers... why in the world would they enjoy this? 

Bah, I'm disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Fny.4502 said:

Entirely underwhelmed. Honestly, the whole fishing thing sounds like a joke. And the boats? We have skimmers already, if the point is to get from point A to point B via water. Perhaps if we didn't have skimmers, if mounts were solely a land/air based thing.. But no. 

Or well, alright, for active roleplayers I can see fishing and boats as neat new features, to be used when roleplaying. But apart from that, for the majority of the players who aren't roleplayers... why in the world would they enjoy this? 

Bah, I'm disappointed.

Well it is in line with previus expansions you never needed any mastery from old ones.

So if someone jump into Eod and dont buy PoF how do you expect them to travel on water with out skiff?

2 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well it is in line with previus expansions you never needed any mastery from old ones.

So if someone jump into Eod and dont buy PoF how do you expect them to travel on water with out skiff?

I would assume they could swim for it

I mean, lets hope there's a reason to actually enter all this water they're gonna put in the maps or this is going to be one extremely dull expansion