If you want players to do strikes, make them more accessible.

51 minutes ago, marielleberto.3865 said:

Different types of content are available for different types of players. Challenging content exists in either PvP or PvE. I do strikes and raids mainly because I enjoy doing them, not because they are or not the best way to get gear and gold. 

And that is healthy attitude. Problem lies when some people think that this principle should not apply to others. That other players should be encouraged to play content those players do not enjoy. And that for some reason if that were to happen, it would be better for the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

5 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And that is healthy attitude. Problem lies when some people think that this principle should not apply to others. That other players should be encouraged to play content those players do not enjoy. And that for some reason if that were to happen, it would be better for the game.

No play what ever you like, but if you want a reward from another area suck it up and go get it.

But if you dont you never get that reward.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

No play what ever you like, but if you want a reward from another area suck it up and go get it.

But if you dont you never get that reward.

And if the different parts of community cannot be friends with each other  , well ..everyone is a winner !

They wont intermingle , so there will be less confrontation in the long run

Edited by Naqam a.6521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Naqam a.6521 said:

And if the different parts of community cannot be friends with each other  , well ..everyone is a winner !

They wont intermingle , so there will be less confrontation in the long run

If there is a large part of the community not doing something finding 9 others to do it with you out of that large part of people should not be hard.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'd say it's the exact opposite, don't you think?

1 hour ago, Fangoth.4503 said:

it depends, you're often better alone than with 9 bad teammates

Ok I had a brain fart there, what I was saying in my mind was.

If there is such a huge problem with toxicity that a large part of the population dont do raids then for the none toxic people it would be easy to find 9 others to do the raids with in that huge part of the population one would think.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

If there is such a huge problem with toxicity that a large part of the population dont do raids then for the none toxic people it would be easy to find 9 others to do the raids with in that huge part of the population one would think.

totally agree but for some reason they prefer to play with "toxic" people than "not toxic" one.
Same goes with kp li there is a huge amount of player without kp/li seeking entry in groups with requirement, groups that clearly don't want them, and they prefer not doing the content rather than making a group with 9 other player without kp/li but that also claim to be good.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

What if strikes took a page out of Marionette's playbook? Others here have mentioned that "Open matchmakings for strikes exist and they're called Public Strikes", and that nobody does them because, quite frankly, strikes are challenging enough content that going in blind without knowing who you're going to get is probably going to wind up in disaster. BUT! What if strikes adopted the system that Public Marionette used, which is that Public Strikes get 15 - 20 players instead? With 50-100% greater numbers, that would probably be enough advantage to offset whatever shortfall you might have in dedicated roles. This system worked quite well for Marionette, why not give it a try for strikes? Or even raids?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Zaxares.5419 said:

What if strikes took a page out of Marionette's playbook? Others here have mentioned that "Open matchmakings for strikes exist and they're called Public Strikes", and that nobody does them because, quite frankly, strikes are challenging enough content that going in blind without knowing who you're going to get is probably going to wind up in disaster. BUT! What if strikes adopted the system that Public Marionette used, which is that Public Strikes get 15 - 20 players instead? With 50-100% greater numbers, that would probably be enough advantage to offset whatever shortfall you might have in dedicated roles. This system worked quite well for Marionette, why not give it a try for strikes? Or even raids?

You'd have to be very careful about mechanics in such a case,though. There are some mechanics where having more players is not beneficial - they'd have to be adjusted. Think, for example, about any type of the attack that spawns AoE on every player and you have to spread it around - more players make it harder to perform well. Although i suppose you could cap those at 10 targets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You seem to be unaware, but one such a mechanic happens to be present in Whispers of Jormag strike. Also, if you haven't noticed, the person i have respoded to mentioned Raids as well.

ups sorry yeah you have to do 2 step back 1 time in woj and side step claw in bone 😅

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well it could be easy , if someone show them the "ropes" , or offer an tiered difficulty like fractrals .

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Raid training commanders do that every day mate.

If you must be at a specific time of day to train , then  its not a good option .

How about splitting the weekly Raid rewards in daily and increasing them by 20% ? That way the LFG community can teach us .

And if that won't work , as a last result a tier form like Fractals ?

Edited by Naqam a.6521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Hot Take: Implement the matchmaking system from other modern games for ALL instanced content, not just Strikes.

Personal Story, dungeons, Fractals, and Strike Missions, even raids, defaulting to opt-in but allowing opt-out of each.  Imagine if you need help with a dungeon for example, you throw it up on the queue, someone leaves the box ticked for that kind of content in their search, then they just autojoin.

Bored players could literally sit all day just shuffling from instance to instance, always having something to do.

Then LFG could be used exclusively to set up organised groups with specific goals.

Yeah, it'd be a mess sometimes. You'd end up with bad players, bad builds, maybe you can't even complete the content you wanted to and have to retry several times. But that's how it goes if you don't want to guildrun or LFG. We need to put the "Massively Multiplayer" back in MMO and bring this game back from the brink of "casual PvEer alone in open-world and hardcore raider waiting 2hrs for a group".

Not all players have to do all content, but it'd be nice if more players could do more content. The true meaning of casual should be "somewhere inbetween everything", not the lowest common denominator.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You'd have to be very careful about mechanics in such a case,though. There are some mechanics where having more players is not beneficial - they'd have to be adjusted. Think, for example, about any type of the attack that spawns AoE on every player and you have to spread it around - more players make it harder to perform well. Although i suppose you could cap those at 10 targets.

Very good point! Yeah, probably the best idea would be to cap the attack at 10 targets, and then make it more obvious to targeted players that they're the ones being targeted (similar to how if you're targeted by Flux or the Bomb in Shattered Observatory, you not only get an icon over your head, but you also get a screen aura as well as a big text message on your screen.)

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Naqam a.6521 said:

If you must be at a specific time of day to train , then  its not a good option .

How about splitting the weekly Raid rewards in daily and increasing them by 20% ? That way the LFG community can teach us .

would would they teach you if they want the reward? they gonna make an experienced group clear and go back to sleep. reward ain't a way to create trainings, it does quite the opposite, you don't want to get your reward in 10 tries if you can get it in 1 and move on to fractal or wherever.

if you want to learn it's your duty to take all steps to do so, i'm afraid doing nothing for it and expecting for something to happen won't work

Edited by Fangoth.4503
  • Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 10:16 AM, Zaxares.5419 said:

Very good point! Yeah, probably the best idea would be to cap the attack at 10 targets, and then make it more obvious to targeted players that they're the ones being targeted (similar to how if you're targeted by Flux or the Bomb in Shattered Observatory, you not only get an icon over your head, but you also get a screen aura as well as a big text message on your screen.)

Arguably all that screen aura and big text message in the middle of your screen will do is obstruct vision, which is the opposite of helpful.

On 8/8/2021 at 1:25 AM, Naqam a.6521 said:

Dailies or not, there are already groups that do exactly what you say you want them to do. Just try joining them. After a few tries, once you understand the mechanics of the encounters, you can even stat creating those practice groups.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Arguably all that screen aura and big text message in the middle of your screen will do is obstruct vision, which is the opposite of helpful.

Dailies or not, there are already groups that do exactly what you say you want them to do. Just try joining them. After a few tries, once you understand the mechanics of the encounters, you can even stat creating those practice groups.

Because , raid's loots are weekly based ,  it reduce activity . How about making them daily and  also creating "random" dailies / Call of the Mists  / Public Versions , for future Strikes or Raids  ?

Where if your account don't have LI / future currency / tittle , that most people use in LFG  , then you get different daily instances ? While if you belong to a "official" Training Guild , you can choose either way ?

That way , you  actively reduce the friction  between the community , because everyone will be doing different things all the time .

off topic:

I thought an anti-afk mechanic , while drinking my morning coffee .

If you use , 1 out of the 4 major attack based on Metabatle Guide ,  then you get an invisible buff called Determination for 6 sec . If you don't have an active buff to protect you , then you get invisible stacks of Death , or mob's afflection/taunt  that will fixate on you next  .

If you die twice from this mechanic  , you quit that instance  .

Edited by Naqam a.6521

On 8/8/2021 at 6:15 AM, Hannelore.8153 said:

Yeah, it'd be a mess sometimes most of the time.

Minor correction (regarding Raids). The problem with an automatic matchmaking for Raids is that they require specific roles to work. What if you don't get a player that can fill a specific role, that would only cause frustration and lead to failure. Random matchmaking isn't going to work for Raids.

That said, it IS going to work on all other types of content, including -most- Strike Missions. Content that has increased single player responsibility (one player failing causing all to fail) isn't really good with random automatic matchmaking. Content that has lower responsibilities, if I fail, I will die, but the rest of the team can go on, is appropriate for random matchmaking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Naqam a.6521 said:

Because , raid's loots are weekly based ,  it reduce activity . How about making them daily and  also creating "random" dailies / Call of the Mists  / Public Versions , for future Strikes or Raids  ?

Where if your account don't have LI / future currency / tittle , that most people use in LFG  , then you get different daily instances ? While if you belong to a "official" Training Guild , you can choose either way ?

That way , you  actively reduce the friction  between the community , because everyone will be doing different things all the time .

From what you wrote in this thread, it seems to me you're not even trying to get into squads by yourself, so instead of worrying about changing it "from weekly to daily to increase activity", maybe first worry about increasing your activity. Then you'll be able to realise that what you're writing about here isn't exactly a problem.

Also from what I understand, your last sentence here mostly contradicts your previous goal, where you want to increase the activity, but also divide the groups within said activity into the smaller ones ("everyone will be doing different things all the time").

Just actually start trying to get into training/no req squads in lfg. New players being less scared of group content is what's needed to increase the activity.

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

From what you wrote in this thread, it seems to me you're not even trying to get into squads by yourself, so instead of worrying about changing it "from weekly to daily to increase activity", maybe first worry about increasing your activity. Then you'll be able to realise that what you're writing about here isn't exactly a problem.

Also from what I understand, your last sentence here mostly contradicts your previous goal, where you want to increase the activity, but also divide the groups within said activity into the smaller ones ("everyone will be doing different things all the time").

Just actually start trying to get into training/no req squads in lfg. New players being less scared of group content is what's needed to increase the activity.

It;s not really contradiction , but rather a tool in order to reduce the eternal problem of people joining in groups that they don't belong , that creates the toxicity in the forums .

If the instances are going to  be in the "same time" for both groups (every 2/4/6 hours mini-dailies are reseted and you get bonus for doing 3 per day or 30 per week ) , we avoid this scenario .

And if you have LI , but cannot join the  others for a week , you are going to "drop league" towards the casual side

Edited by Naqam a.6521

On 8/11/2021 at 6:41 AM, Naqam a.6521 said:

creating "random" dailies / Call of the Mists  / Public Versions , for future Strikes or Raids

you cannot as gw let you choose too much trait/gear stats.
it works in wow because even if you go totally stupid you'll be able heal as healer, dps as dps or tank as tank because you don't have that much choose and all lead to more or less doing your job.
in gw you can be a firebrand and go either healer or dps or tank and unfortunally a large part of the community seem to have trouble to be aware of what they are playing. So even by making a 2 healer 8 dps matchmaking think you most likely gonna endup having terrible dps/heal and i'm not even talking boon.
Or devs need to impose traits, gear and spec while matchmaking, would be fine but create endless drama because "hOw DaRe YoU iMpOsE Me A bUiLd" guys

• Like 1