I wonder...

Do you mean this option described in a recent update?

General

• Added a new button to the skill bar that allows players to view and swap Build and Equipment Templates without using key binds or opening the Hero panel.
    • This new menu can be accessed by right-clicking on the Swap Weapon Sets button of your skill bar—or by clicking the arrow above it—to display a vertical list.
    • Equipment Templates are listed in the left column and Build Templates in the right column. Your currently active templates will be highlighted. Simply click a button in the list to quickly switch.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't know what the below button does, but thanks to that i realized that i could swap templates and builds with the one from above, how long has that been there?

I don't know why they would put an UI element from the expansion on a patch out of nowhere, but if i have to guess, fishing will need some button to activate it.

If it's only appeared for people who have pre-purchased EoD (which explains why I don't have it) then it must be related to the expansion.

Fishing and/or boats seems like the obvious options from the stuff we've been shown so far. It can't be related to the new elite specs or it wouldn't show up until you equip one of them (which is impossible now) and I assume the siege turtle will use the existing mount menu. Alternatively it could be related to one of the masteries we haven't been told about or some other unannounced feature.

I was going to say I hope it's fishing because needing a menu implies there will be more to it than just waiting to push buttons, but Elder Scrolls Online has a dedicated menu for choosing different types of bait but the actual fishing process is still just pushing a button and then waiting to push it again so that doesn't mean anything on it's own.

Frustratingly though I doubt we'll find out what it's for until they start the beta tests, or it's used in some preview video.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, costepj.5120 said:

Do you mean this option described in a recent update?

General

• Added a new button to the skill bar that allows players to view and swap Build and Equipment Templates without using key binds or opening the Hero panel.
    • This new menu can be accessed by right-clicking on the Swap Weapon Sets button of your skill bar—or by clicking the arrow above it—to display a vertical list.
    • Equipment Templates are listed in the left column and Build Templates in the right column. Your currently active templates will be highlighted. Simply click a button in the list to quickly switch.

No. That's above weaponswap. 

Is below it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's just like the Novelties one, so I'd guess the little arrow is 'Change X(being rod/bait/skiff/whatever?)' and the diamond is 'Use/Employ'.

You don't say. 😉

I know how those buttons work. I wanted to know what people think might be selectable there in EoD.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I didn't know only people who pre-ordered EoD already have this (sorry!):

https://i.imgur.com/OCuJknf.jpg

Thanks!

Looks like a novelty icon that's on the right below the mounts. Maybe it'll be for some skins or something? Fishing?

We'll see. But nice to guess.

Maybe it'll be related to whatever new masteries they put in.🙂

Edited by Veprovina.4876