Oola la!

Zergs.9715

"Necromancy and golemancy have long been destined to collide. One deals with death, and the other, life. I'm on the verge of creating a new kind of golem that creates life from death."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Oola

https://i.imgur.com/6XCaw1I.jpg

edit: I've been trying to share actual image instead of link, but after half an hour I've given up...

Edited by Zergs.9715

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

The teaser image doesn't really indicate to have anything to do with golems.

I think the bullet icon will be the one for necromancer and that they get an evasive and agile elite soec which attacks enemies with cursed bullets.

Could easily be gun/rifle wielding Ele. Has lightning and air swirling around the bullet. They said they are going to do something unorthodox, so who knows. 🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zergs.9715 said:

Could easily be gun/rifle wielding Ele. Has lightning and air swirling around the bullet. They said they are going to do something unorthodox, so who knows. 🙂

Even if the bullet icon doesn't belong to necro (I seriously hope it does, since I need icon 9 to be the engineer...), this still doesn't change that the necromancer teaser image does not showcase anything even remotely related to golems.

So your suggestion that this bulky looking dude icon is necromancer seems really unrealistic.

4 hours ago, Zergs.9715 said:

Now that I look at it... 9th icon not only looks like a bottle or a flask, it can be interpreted as a barrel of a smoking gun.

This is what I thought it was originally and immediately thought necro.

When I saw the vials/postions/bombs on the reveal spec art it also heavily aligns.

Edit:  The bullet will probably be Rifle Ele having thought about the art style more.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Like 2

Looking at icon 9 more it looks like an evil eye in the middle of a flask. Cursed elixirs with pistol for necromancer it seems to me. Who knows what the mechanic will be.

Icon 8 could be golemancer for engineer, but the art for the 'innovators' has an engineer with a prosthetic jade arm. Could be icon 8 is a stylized image of a engineer with jade arms enhancements.

I bet it gives up every tool belt skill for a set of 5 jade-tech specific skills with the traitline modifying the skills usage. 

• Like 1

Icon 3 looks like dual wield swords, also, the little diamonds look very similar to the shades resources icons in game. This is all speculation, but if you go in order of these icons from left to right and match up the professions on the GW2 professions page 

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/  it starts with Mesmer top left then goes to Gaurdian, then drops down to .....Yep, thats right Necromancer which is also the third.   /shrug!

1 hour ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Icon 3 looks like dual wield swords, also, the little diamonds look very similar to the shades resources icons in game. This is all speculation, but if you go in order of these icons from left to right and match up the professions on the GW2 professions page 

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/  it starts with Mesmer top left then goes to Gaurdian, then drops down to .....Yep, thats right Necromancer which is also the third.   /shrug!

Why would the icon for necro be two swords when we pretty much know its getting pistol?

There are 2 swords on the icon and necro is the only profession that can't use a mainhand sword yet. On the other hand the 3 squares look pretty much like thief initiative symbols.

But the argument that the squares look like shades does not make sense at all, because shades are not necro but scourge related and an elite spec does never refer to another elite spec. That would be pointless as elite specs are replacements.

Personally I think the potion/bomb (whatever) symbol with the flame is for necro.

Edited by KrHome.1920

7 hours ago, KrHome.1920 said:

There are 2 swords on the icon and necro is the only profession that can't use a mainhand sword yet. On the other hand the 3 squares look pretty much like thief initiative symbols.

But the argument that the squares look like shades does not make sense at all, because shades are not necro but scourge related and an elite spec does never refer to another elite spec. That would be pointless as elite specs are replacements.

Personally I think the potion/bomb (whatever) symbol with the flame is for necro.

Necro is already confirmed to get pistol, not sword.

So that necro is the only class who can't mainhand sword is meaningless.

Edited by Kodama.6453

20 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Did they confirm it ? I'm trying to find where it says necro confirmed for pistol. Could you link for me please 🙂

Spec art from the reveal stream.

https://imgur.com/iiU4upe

Chat thread about it literally right after it got shown

There isn't much more speculation about the weapons since we know we're getting pistol. And before you say it could be another class not only are the colours on point but since core, necro and all its elite specs have been represented by an asura.

Edited by Sigmoid.7082

3 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Ok, I was about to get pumped if they did confirm it. 

I don't see why you wouldn't. Due the source being the official EoD first look stream by Anet there is no doubt that necro is getting pistol. They literally did confirm it...

Unless you're willing to tell me that isn't the poster child asura necro and the weapons they are using isn't a pistol.

Edited by Sigmoid.7082

28 minutes ago, Crazy.6029 said:

Ok, I was about to get pumped if they did confirm it. 

Also, any word about when the next one will be confirmed?

They always used an male Asura to show the Necro class/specs and the hat fit with the description of traditional Korean Grim Reaper's hat. And it's holding a pistol.

There is going to be 3 e-specs available on the August 17th beta and they will reveal more about the other two before that date. Probably one per week on Tuesday (as most GW2 updates are on Tuesday).

5 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

I don't see why you wouldn't. Due the source being the official EoD first look stream by Anet there is no doubt that necro is getting pistol. They literally did confirm it...

Unless you're willing to tell me that isn't the poster child asura necro and the weapons they are using isn't a pistol.

Yep.

If the character would be a Human, Norn or even Sylvari, then there would be room for doubt, since multiple classes are represented by these.

But necromancer and engineer are in the unique position of being the only classes represented by their specific race and these also have very distinct silhouettes to make them easy to identify.

Necromancer is the only Asura in the group.

Engineer is the only Charr.

So there is absolutely no doubt that this character is the necromancer, the colours are just icing on the cake.

11 hours ago, Crazy.6029 said:

1. Well, we are talking about the necromancer, the shroud could very well be a dual sword wielding horror despite the out of shroud weapon being a pistol.
  2. It could also be a tribal plaguedoctor whose shroud summon a mask and a bow (for the second symbol looking like both an arrow head and a mask).
  3. It could be a wraith or summon a wraith via it's special mechanism, haunting it's foes (5th symbol).
  4. It could be a ritualist because some players are hellbent thinking that the necromancer should be the ritualist and use the 6th symbol that vaguely remind of the old ritualist's symbol.
  5. It could be gungrave and earn the bullet symbol.
  6. It could be a lich with it's phylactery and be the 4th or 9th symbol (And we could finally get rid of lich form!).
  7. Even the 1st and 8th symbol could be something (I'm just limited by my imagination for this 2 that's all)