Need help with Sanctum Scramble jumping puzzle

Anet...please consider changing the skills bound to 1,2, and 3 so that they are flexible. I really need them assigned to 2,3,and 4.  My left pinky finger is too short for key 1.  Also,  I do not have the coordination to manipulate keys and glide at the same time.  Please make it into a true jumping puzzle and not gliding.  Gliding is a death sentence for me on this puzzle.  I would probably need several mesmers with portals just to complete it. 

Consider letting those that have zero coordination to use mounts for the achievement and not for some record.  It would help greatly.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I have a great deal of sympathy.  I've certainly never managed gold on that one, I am terrible at time pressure jumps.  Also I mouse-move which means all the ground target leaps take me extra time to get my cursor in position from wherever it's wandered during my running.

However, I will note that you don't actually need the achievement, at least not gold level.  I think you need silver for one of the elite weapons (which is why I struggled hard for so long at it until I just once managed it).  Other than that, there are many other achieves and mastery points available in HoT, I'm well over max  HoT mastery and as I say have never hit gold in Sanctum Scramble.

I'm guessing you WASD, right?  I would also have issues reaching the 1 while keyboard moving, given relatively small hands and tendonitis in my left hand.  I've mapped my ASD onto my mouse side buttons, and I move forward by pressing LMB/RMB together, so my left fingers are free to rest on the number keys and for the most part only have to press one key at a time.  Something like that might work for you.  With the aforementioned issue of having severe difficulty rapidly and precisely setting ground targets, which I think you are saying is a problem anyway.  Failing the ability to get a mouse with several side thumb buttons, I believe you can remap *all* your keys.  It'll take a steep amount of muscle memory learning curve, but you could possibly get your skill keys woven in around your movement keys so everything's in reach.

• Like 2

I feel your pain.  Because of hand issues and general klutziness, I have not been able to even get bronze on this.  If I don't rush, I fail the time limit.  If I do rush, I fall and die/don't complete.  People say, "Oh, just do this and just do that."  I know how to do it and understand the mechanics, am physically unable though, and have tried literally dozens of times.  I don't want things handed to me with no effort, but how about if you thoroughly try yet fail a hundred times, you get an A for effort and the reward.  Wow, that sounds pitiful.  I AM pitiful in this puzzle.

• Haha 1

I got to the third gate before falling to my death.  All I need is the bronze achievement for my Herald.  I've smashed a lot of things and actually went into the water on several occasions after hitting the 2 key.  Guess I will forego this achievement and call it a day.  It was the last thing I have to do for Glint's Bastion.  You guys think having several Mesmers (portals) might work??

No, I don't think you can use portals and get the achievement.  I may be wrong and hope I am.

It's the last thing I have to do for the last elite spec item too.  Sigh.  How pitiful am I?  So pitiful that I submitted a ticket about it ages ago asking if it could be added to my account since I can't do it.  I was literally begging.  They were nice but said no.

3 hours ago, EyzKold.8247 said:

Anet...please consider changing the skills bound to 1,2, and 3 so that they are flexible. I really need them assigned to 2,3,and 4. 

You can already change the binds on any skill, for example I have 1 under e, then 2,3,4,5 under 1,2,3,4, heal under q, utilities under r t f, elite under g, it may not be optimal layout but works for me.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Every time I try the adventure of sanctum scramble I fail. I get too nervous when trying it. Never even get a bronze or where the end of the adventure is. Can't use skill 1 or 2 as it always messed me up and I fall. I would rather be stuck on a raptor doing this adventure than use those stupid skills they give me. Have the same problem with the mushroom adventure on the same map. No bronze. All other ones I can get a bronze or better. These two types of adventures are the worst.

• Sad 1

I have no feeling in my hands, (nerve damage), and I also have small hands. I tried to change keybinds but GW2 uses SO MANY keys that there are not many keys to change to (most of the keys on a keyboard are used).

I have given up trying to do any jumping puzzles.

☹️

PS: I always wonder why people use the confused emoji... I tried to explain things as easily as I could possibly explain them... If you go to keybinds, you will see that most of the keyboard is used for something in-game. It is a complete headache to change them and you risk losing access to something... Maybe the confused emoji person was also confused with how to change the keybinds?

Edited by Lanfear De Noir.9127
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

26 minutes ago, Lanfear De Noir.9127 said:

PS: I always wonder why people use the confused emoji... I tried to explain things as easily as I could possibly explain them..

It's a way to show that someone doesn't agree with your post, not necessarily that they're confused by it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanfear De Noir.9127 said:

I have no feeling in my hands, (nerve damage), and I also have small hands. I tried to change keybinds but GW2 uses SO MANY keys that there are not many keys to change to (most of the keys on a keyboard are used).

I have given up trying to do any jumping puzzles.

☹️

PS: I always wonder why people use the confused emoji... I tried to explain things as easily as I could possibly explain them... If you go to keybinds, you will see that most of the keyboard is used for something in-game. It is a complete headache to change them and you risk losing access to something... Maybe the confused emoji person was also confused with how to change the keybinds?

Try using modifiers, if you physically can. Key and Alt+Key and Shift+Key are different functions, and can really keep your keybinds nice and neat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Even just temporarily changing your keybinds can go a long way. For example for the wintersday bell choir I always change my messy keybindings to a VSRG setup, making it much easier and more fun to complete. In that particular adventure you don't need most of your keys so moving the few you need into more convenient positions might just do the trick. You don't have these skills anywhere else besides Dry Top so it's not going to mess with muscle memory.

Sanctum Scramble is definitely not easy but with checking videos on YT it's still quite doable imo. Effectively you should be able to get bronze just by aiming skill 3 at the wall above you to gain altitude and then just glide and only using the dash when it's safe or actually required to do so.

The first goal should be to simply complete the adventure, no matter the time, so you get more practiced with the parts and can learn to do them consistently and then better.