Mesmer healing build?

SunTzu.4513

Greetings,

has anyone here ever tryed a Mesmer healing build? Is it possible? Or is it to much of a meme to try something like this? I play a heal scourge when i doing Metas/World Boss farming events and Strikes as commander. Is there something similar possible as mesmer?

30 minutes ago, SunTzu.4513 said:

Greetings,

has anyone here ever tryed a Mesmer healing build? Is it possible? Or is it to much of a meme to try something like this? I play a heal scourge when i doing Metas/World Boss farming events and Strikes as commander. Is there something similar possible as mesmer?

Sadly it's not possible given that there's better healing classes already that are more preferred. I HAVE ran a Chrono healing + wells build for fractals and such but a lot of people don't like standing in wells for some reason lol and also the healing from wells isn't that big unless its the Well of Eternity. 

I wouldn't recommend searching for a healing build if you want to be viable and I'd just focus on DPS/CONDI/BOON SUPPORT builds. Depending on what content you're doing of course.

• Like 2

There is a mesmer quickness heal build, utilizing restorative mantra that grant 1.5-2k heal per mantra with all the mantras turning into ammo skill. Meaning you have ridiculous burst heal of up to >10k within seconds by spamming all mantra in panic situation, or use it as the fight required.
https://snowcrows.com/builds/mesmer/chronomancer/heal-quickness-chronomancer

You provide consistent healing around 800hp/illusion generation mostly from scepter and GS skills + trait (eg GS4 gives 3.5k heal just on one skill). Also very versatile, usually with mantra of pain for accessible (being 10s CD), strong condi cleanse with 3x/charge in mantra of resolve, and mantra of distraction vs mantra of stability interchangeable depend on situation. You can easily use this build in open world and strike mission.

......that being said, in raid or fractal I do recommend healbrand better, which fills the same role but provide much stronger boon presence while providing same healing/burst heal potentials.

Edited by Hobyrimvrahms.6910
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Sadly it's not possible given that there's better healing classes already that are more preferred. I HAVE ran a Chrono healing + wells build for fractals and such but a lot of people don't like standing in wells for some reason lol and also the healing from wells isn't that big unless its the Well of Eternity. 

I wouldn't recommend searching for a healing build if you want to be viable and I'd just focus on DPS/CONDI/BOON SUPPORT builds. Depending on what content you're doing of course.

What you're saying reveals a very big issue in gaming mentality these days. You're not saying it's not possible because they can't do the job (like if you try you're gonna wipe your team everytime and the only solution is to reroll), you're saying you can't play that build because people don't want you to, because some other class can do better. Better by how much ? Relative to content, what's the effectiveness coefficient ? Is there actually a ceiling where you're overperforming and having a "better" build doesn't actually improve your play ?

You know kind of like the overkill analogy. Let's say I have a mob that has 1000 HP, and I have 2 builds, one that does 20000 dps and on that does 10000 dps. They are both going to oneshot the mob, so while they are on different power levels, effectively they are on the same power level because one has wasted resources.

Maybe the problem of those builds isn't the build, it's the people not wanting to play differently. Maybe there is a different team formation where pairing a healing/X mesmer to one or 2 other classes will make a good synergy. But the only way to find out is to actually do this.

I would actually recommend to actually play those builds, and find people that want to also play unorthodox builds, to break that barrier and find other possiblities to clear content and to actually get out of the somewhat stall meta gaming that has been going on for years now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sajah varel.9261 said:

What you're saying reveals a very big issue in gaming mentality these days. You're not saying it's not possible because they can't do the job (like if you try you're gonna wipe your team everytime and the only solution is to reroll), you're saying you can't play that build because people don't want you to, because some other class can do better. Better by how much ? Relative to content, what's the effectiveness coefficient ? Is there actually a ceiling where you're overperforming and having a "better" build doesn't actually improve your play ?

You know kind of like the overkill analogy. Let's say I have a mob that has 1000 HP, and I have 2 builds, one that does 20000 dps and on that does 10000 dps. They are both going to oneshot the mob, so while they are on different power levels, effectively they are on the same power level because one has wasted resources.

Maybe the problem of those builds isn't the build, it's the people not wanting to play differently. Maybe there is a different team formation where pairing a healing/X mesmer to one or 2 other classes will make a good synergy. But the only way to find out is to actually do this.

I would actually recommend to actually play those builds, and find people that want to also play unorthodox builds, to break that barrier and find other possiblities to clear content and to actually get out of the somewhat stall meta gaming that has been going on for years now.

Firstly, in NO way am I trying to come off as rude to the OP, I’m just stating the obvious and if it wasn’t me saying it then someone else in this community would say the EXACT same thing, point blank period. 

Now in terms of when I’M in-game, I play whatever build I want and there’s only so much room to experiment. However, in terms of the game modes that I play and the content I participate in, I mostly run DPS, CONDI and BOON support - in PvE (Fractals, Strikes, Raids and sometimes World Bosses) and also WvW.

By all means, everyone should be able to run whatever they feel like, especially in open world or if people want to run meme builds, by all means, I don’t tell anyone what they should and should not do. 

I’m just saying that because I have ran a variety of “healing” builds in fractals, strikes and raids, they aren’t as viable (mainly  in raids) as more dedicated healing professions out there that are most wanted. If you want to point fingers, point them at ANET and everyone else who made it non inclusive for other builds. With Chrono they could have very well made it a healing and boon focused elite spec, but that isn’t the case. With EOD they could’ve introduced a healing and support elite spec, but that isn’t the case.

At the end of the day, we ALL have different play styles and engage in whatever content we deem as fun. I’m just an honest person giving my insight from my experience using “healing” builds with the Mesmer. They’re decent but I’d say B/A tier. Now if ANET decides to do a complete rebalancing of our traitlines and previous elite specs, perhaps add more healing and boon traits into Inspiration then maybe that’ll change. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sajah varel.9261 said:

the thing is heal mesmer can't actually do the job fully, the job of a support in this game is to keep others alive while providing boons, anet even agreed to this when they gave scrapper quickness, saying they want scrapper to be a better and more viable support. however heal mesmer can only do one at time, you can use the build this guy linked but it will only bring one of the four essential offensive boons, which is quickness. or you can use heal chrono(http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiABs6t7lNwcYLsDWJmSX6tXA-zRRYjRzGJsyo6iK9Ew3Zp9NL-e) with well instead of mantra to cover quickness and some alacrity, but that build have problem with keeping others alive, without much consistent heal(you can't even give regen to others).

you only have three (four if you bring grav well) skills that you can use to heal others with heal at the last tick of the well, which need others to keep standing in it for 3 seconds straight, and the only consistent heal is illusionary inspiration, which is roughly 800 per illusion generation. With traited sceptre auto attack and quickness, you get a clone every two second, so 400/s(this is the most consistent number, but you will get other illusion from other skills), but that is not enough with only 3 or 4 skill that can heal others to keep your team alive under pressure.

7 hours ago, Hobyrimvrahms.6910 said:

There is a mesmer quickness heal build, utilizing restorative mantra that grant 1.5-2k heal per mantra with all the mantras turning into ammo skill. Meaning you have ridiculous burst heal of up to >10k within seconds by spamming all mantra in panic situation, or use it as the fight required.
https://snowcrows.com/builds/mesmer/chronomancer/heal-quickness-chronomancer

You provide consistent healing around 800hp/illusion generation mostly from scepter and GS skills + trait (eg GS4 gives 3.5k heal just on one skill). Also very versatile, usually with mantra of pain for accessible (being 10s CD), strong condi cleanse with 3x/charge in mantra of resolve, and mantra of distraction vs mantra of stability interchangeable depend on situation. You can easily use this build in open world and strike mission.

......that being said, in raid or fractal I do recommend healbrand better, which fills the same role but provide much stronger boon presence while providing same healing/burst heal potentials.

one thing i will point out is that you can't have traited sceptre and GS at the same time due to sceptre is from illusion and GS is from domination, so you have to pick one (unless you go core, but you lost access to well and shield), and there is nothing in domination that help with healing and group support other than vulnerability.

As it currently stands, there is no reason at all to take heal mesmer in a group unless you already have two other healer to bring the might, fury and alacrity, since heal mesmer can only bring quickness on a regular bases, you can bring permeant alacrity but that you will want to switch a well to mimic instead, which further decrease you healing output. Some of the biggest problem with heal mesmer is that we don't have a core weapon that can help with group supporting, the only one that sort of works is sceptre with a 400 heal per second when traited and have alacrity when combined with illusionary inspiration.

Now they can rework sceptre to make it more support oriented(maybe let it give some base heal and regen, it would be even better if it can give some other boons), spread out the boon on well to all three ticks, and give regen to all well that end well heal chrono would be on par with other healers (druid, firebrand, tempest, scourge, scrapper, and ventari renegade).

Edited by AXLIB.8425

15 minutes ago, Tseison.4659 said:

Firstly, in NO way am I trying to come off as rude to the OP, I’m just stating the obvious and if it wasn’t me saying it then someone else in this community would say the EXACT same thing, point blank period. 

Now in terms of when I’M in-game, I play whatever build I want and there’s only so much room to experiment. However, in terms of the game modes that I play and the content I participate in, I mostly run DPS, CONDI and BOON support - in PvE (Fractals, Strikes, Raids and sometimes World Bosses) and also WvW.

By all means, everyone should be able to run whatever they feel like, especially in open world or if people want to run meme builds, by all means, I don’t tell anyone what they should and should not do. 

I’m just saying that because I have ran a variety of “healing” builds in fractals, strikes and raids, they aren’t as viable (mainly  in raids) as more dedicated healing professions out there that are most wanted. If you want to point fingers, point them at ANET and everyone else who made it non inclusive for other builds. With Chrono they could have very well made it a healing and boon focused elite spec, but that isn’t the case. With EOD they could’ve introduced a healing and support elite spec, but that isn’t the case.

At the end of the day, we ALL have different play styles and engage in whatever content we deem as fun. I’m just an honest person giving my insight from my experience using “healing” builds with the Mesmer. They’re decent but I’d say B/A tier. Now if ANET decides to do a complete rebalancing of our traitlines and previous elite specs, perhaps add more healing and boon traits into Inspiration then maybe that’ll change. 🤷‍♂️

Lol giving heal chrono a B/A tier is way to generous. I mostly enjoy playing a healer in game and have experience with all other profession as a healer, I will say the only two professions that are worth then mesmer in terms of heal supporting are thief who don't have one(very likely they will get one with EOD), and shout warrior who is roughly on par or slightly worth then heal chrono. 

7 minutes ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

Lol giving heal chrono a B/A tier is way to generous. I mostly enjoy playing a healer in game and have experience with all other profession as a healer, I will say the only two professions that are worth then mesmer in terms of heal supporting are thief who don't have one(very likely they will get one with EOD), and shout warrior who is roughly on par or slightly worth then heal chrono. 

Oh of course, because god forbid if I gave them an S, That’d be a bold face lie lol.

1 hour ago, AXLIB.8425 said:

one thing i will point out is that you can't have traited sceptre and GS at the same time due to sceptre is from illusion and GS is from domination, so you have to pick one (unless you go core, but you lost access to well and shield), and there is nothing in domination that help with healing and group support other than vulnerability. also the only way to have GS4 to heal 3.5 heal is with chronophantasma, and by taking that you lost the only essential boon you provide.

As it currently stands, there is no reason at all to take heal mesmer in a group unless you already have two other healer to bring the might, fury and alacrity, since heal mesmer can only bring quickness on a regular bases, you can bring permeant alacrity but that you will want to switch a well to mimic instead, which further decrease you healing output. Some of the biggest problem with heal mesmer is that we don't have a core weapon that can help with group supporting, the only one that sort of works is sceptre with a 400 heal per second when traited and have alacrity when combined with illusionary inspiration.

Now they can rework sceptre to make it more support oriented(maybe let it give some base heal and regen, it would be even better if it can give some other boons), spread out the boon on well to all three ticks, and give regen to all well that end well heal chrono would be on par with other healers (druid, firebrand, tempest, scourge, scrapper, and ventari renegade).

Don't need to trait illusion for scepter, sure it does reduce CD on skill 2 but you still only produce 2 clones. Domination GS trait itself allows GS4 to spawn 2 iberserker+2 clones post which is roughly 3.2k. As well as easy boon strips which is probably the only thing mesmer win out of HB.

Definitely agree mesmer need a weapon that's more boon oriented though.

13 minutes ago, NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

Don't need to trait illusion for scepter, sure it does reduce CD on skill 2 but you still only produce 2 clones. Domination GS trait itself allows GS4 to spawn 2 iberserker+2 clones post which is roughly 3.2k. As well as easy boon strips which is probably the only thing mesmer win out of HB.

Definitely agree mesmer need a weapon that's more boon oriented though.

is the 20% speed buff on sceptre bugged or something? or is that what you are saying with the 2 clones? I still stand by that illusion is better since it is the only to achieve some consistent heal on mesmer and you can pair that with the shield, the 15% shatter recharge and shatter becoming ammo means you can shatter a lot more often and thus trigger restorative illusions more often to keep yourself alive easier and trigger healing prism. you can also get personal quickness with illusion as well, with domination you are only getting double GS4(if you get perma alacrity with improved alacrity trait you will get 533 heal per second, better then sceptre but requires your alacrity provider to be on point, and you can't get perma alacrity with improved alacrity unless you take mimic over another well by yourself) and boon strip and vulnerability, which i don't think it is worth it. 

Malicious sorcery does not stack with quickness because spaghetti codes. The 2 clones I meant were skill 2.

You'll be surprised by how many raid groups failed 25 stacks of vulnerability lol, most of the time 15-20 stacks which is still around 5-10% less damage. Also unfortunately boon strip is about the only unique thing heal mesmer can bring, so kinda toss between HB (for boons) or HS (for barrier/res and some boon strip but less heals/stab/quickness) depending on your situation.

Edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128
  • Like 1

Aside from most Mesmer traitlines needing at least a clean up, reworking/buffing Healing Prism alone could hugely benefit a Heal-Mesmer set up by simply reducing the CD or making it more like Medical Dispersion Field so that it can synergize with Restorative Illusions. However, healing on Wells is a lost cause imho. Something like Healing on Quickness or Alacrity would be way more interesting. What to do with Wells, I don't really know. Might as well remove the trait like they did with Glamours, lol.

When talking Boon support: ANet could easily reconsider the nerf to Bountiful Disillusionment in some form which could also somewhat benefit Boon Mirage (Group Alacrity on Staff still has to go...). But then they should also have a look at PU and CI.

Edited by Xaylin.1860
  • Confused 1

Thanks for all your responses. It's interresting to see all your opinions and suggestions about this topic. I will try out the build from the vid just for fun on my HP run and next Worldboss train. It would be really cool if ANet would put the effort in to give mesmer an good option to heal. But this is not an mesmer exclusive problem imo. It would be really good for the build diversity in the game if every class could fit in any role/playstyle. Sure there will be always a meta pick but at least every class should have an viable build for every role in every gamemode.

I've actually tried the Staff/Staff Mirage healing spec for fractals. It's certainly off-meta but it can be pretty good.  Has very high alacrity uptime and permanent 25 might for the group. Heals come from creating illusions and using mantras.

Not everyone will want to play with it though because of "the meta." Make your own group and you'll be dine though.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I tried a hybrid healing build with chronomancer, but never fully equipped healing gear so i don't know if it works well enough to stand on it's own, though I can say it did improve support during group play. Basically you put the trait where wells heal at the end, and then there is a trait in Inspiration that makes it so that you heal yourself and  players around you every-time you create an illusion. Then you gab a scepter and shield and just start wailing at enemies. Because you have plenty of clones you can have plenty of shatters and hopefully alacrity to recharge your wells. And having Continuum Split also helps as for example you can drop 2 consecutive Well of Eternity in time of need. The problem is that the heals are basically a secondary action, or I should say reactions. They are not instant heal skills, but instead an after effect of another skill being used.  Even if you set up a healing gear, I'm not sure it can stand up to the other healers. But you know what? I'm gonna do it anyway.

Big issue I see, a bit the same for quickness scrapper;  your heals are secondary effect of skills used in rotation. If you need 10k healing in the second, to avoid a sweep or the panic, erhh ...

I remember a it was okai in fractals semi-uber group 1Chrono + PS + 3DPS a long time ago ; but right now, even if they have nerfed Soulcleave's summit, power ren+fb still offers more sustain on demand, with aegis, tomes of resolve and of courage, Kalla's heal skill...

In raids it could work if you want to tank and heighten your support role rather than your dps, but you won't replace a dedicated healer (druid, fb/ren,...) or "survival support" role like hscourge, FB...

Edit; I was talking about the well support and soi. I haven't tried full mantra so far, so I don't know the green numbers you can initiate. I guess healing is not that bad for tank role and work as healer for your subgroup.

Edited by Zhaid Zhem.6508