Is there a smooth story transition from IBS to EOD or not?

hugo.4705

41 minutes ago, Biziut.3594 said:

Remember that mysterious guy in LS2 episode when we fight big mordrem with aspect masters? Maybe he's the thing Taimi and Gorrik are looking for.

I'm pretty sure that Mysterious Stranger was the head of the Zephyrites, going forth with the scion egg. I can't recall if that was confirmed, but I don't see "him" coming back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rognik.2579 said:

I'm pretty sure that Mysterious Stranger was the head of the Zephyrites, going forth with the scion egg. I can't recall if that was confirmed, but I don't see "him" coming back.

Nah, different model entirely. Uses a hobo human model, not Master of Peace model.

Some players have theorized it's Balthazar but they didn't plan out Balthazar that early on, they didn't even plan out the god vs dragon plot (as Balthazar was the second god choice they had for the plot).

6 hours ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Nah, different model entirely. Uses a hobo human model, not Master of Peace model.

Some players have theorized it's Balthazar but they didn't plan out Balthazar that early on, they didn't even plan out the god vs dragon plot (as Balthazar was the second god choice they had for the plot).

Who was their first choice?

On 8/5/2021 at 6:35 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

You could be right, although I feel like they mentioned something in the stream as well saying they would reveal more info about it later. 

I guess we will see. Im not expecting a map or anything like that, but perhaps a small instance like the start of PoF had with Kiel

Is anyone else besides me really OCD that the area around eye of the north still isn’t a map?? This is the worst… lol

• Like 4

So far, I have been patient in such matters. The initial assumption was that Icebrood Saga (or whatever the Jormag story would've been) would have eventually expanded that area. With all but one dragons gone now, I've come to accept that we probably won't see the area explored except for a very good reason. Cantha is the last major location holdover from GW1, unless you want to count the Far Shiverpeaks, so nothing but new areas await us after this coming expansion.

46 minutes ago, Rognik.2579 said:

So far, I have been patient in such matters. The initial assumption was that Icebrood Saga (or whatever the Jormag story would've been) would have eventually expanded that area. With all but one dragons gone now, I've come to accept that we probably won't see the area explored except for a very good reason. Cantha is the last major location holdover from GW1, unless you want to count the Far Shiverpeaks,

From what we can gather, IBS was seemingly going to go to the Centaur Homelands, and then to Anvil Rock. The outside of the EoTN doesn't seem to really have been a thing they planned.

46 minutes ago, Rognik.2579 said:

so nothing but new areas await us after this coming expansion.

Given Cantha's size, its unlikely EoD will cover it all. The EoD detail page Anet has made shows 4 major regions, Shing Jea, Kaineng, The Echovald, and the Harvest Temple. The Jade Sea doesn't seem to really be part of the expansion(outside the bit the Harvest Temple sits on) I also find it unlikely Anet will be able to cover not only the Bubbles story, but also all the Canthan Empire xenophobia/racism/Luxon/Kurzick/Tengu/etc. stuff in the expansion.

Most likely, after EoD we will get a LWS6 that will expand on Cantha as LWS4 did for Elona. I could see them closing out the Lyssa plot here. We know Lyssa is up to something, but she obviously isn't anywhere in Tyria from the Far Shiverpeaks, down to Elona. So, if she isn't in Cantha, I'm not sure where she would be.

After that, I can easily see a return to central Tyria for a LWS7, that would tie up many of the smaller lose story ends. Using the Bjora/Drizzle two parter design we saw in IBS...

• We could have a two parter in the Centaur Homelands. Involving us cleaning up the last of the Destroyers/Icebrood, and finally making peace with the Centaurs as Anet tried to do in IBS. Given E's interest in Krytan politics, E could play a part in setting up peace talks with the Centaurs, closing out the E plot as well.
  • There would be another two parter with us going north of the "Bandit Bridge" in Brisban Wildlands, to the area between Queensdale and the Forsaken Thicket. This would involve something of a retcon, but Anet could use this to have us find Malyck's tree in the Maguuma Wastes, and close up that plot thread.
  • Another two parter in Ascalon, in the area labeled "Blazeridge Mountains" just to the east of the Iron Marches. This would involve, following the Charr helping to defend Ebonhawke during Primordus' attack, a delegation of Charr and Humans getting Magdaer back from whatever smith Eir left it at years ago, and going to the old capital of Ascalon, Drascir, since its a place of power for whatever narrative reason, and finally ending the Foefire curse as the last. Finally ending the last bit of tension between humanity and the Charr.
  • A final two parter in Elona. At the end of War Eternal Zaeim mentioned going to find people to lead Elona. We could go back to Elona, to the western part of Kourna, and find the Elonians setting up a new capital for Elona there, dealing with the last bit of troublemakers and branded in Elona, and finally securing Elona a stable future.
  • Throw in some smaller side updates like a Wizard's Tower raid/strike, and thats a whole IBS sized season/saga there.

With a normal LWS/Saga being 18-20ish months, thats another 3+ years easy after EoD that we would still be tooling around in "known lands" By that point the game would be 12+ years old, and most MMOs don't make it that long with active development in the first place. I could easily see GW2 ending there TBH.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509