Wyvern or dragon Mount

NubCakes.7461

just an idea i wish they would add a wyvern or dragon mount in wvw that can only be accessed by one person in the entire map that acts like a napalm bomb just to break up oversized zergs. the way i want it to work is that it is a favor that u have to fight for once every hour or 30 mins except for the server holding the stonemist castle. but anyways the idea is one person can only ride it but can also grab 4 ppl on the ground at a time then paradrop them whenever on our teritory and land them on ememy territory. i dnt want it to be  too OP so it can be killable by ballistas but ofcourse i knw ppl can spam build ballistas in an area so id like it to have multiple dodges to be able to avoid being just shot down too easily or to have a tough armor for a duration of a time so it still needs to retreat and thnk about flying on certain areas. my idea of its skills are napalm bomb kinda like just the wyverns in heart of thorns when they drop a long aoe with high dmg and burn enough to break up a zerg, large aoe fear that removes boons in an area(spellbreaker dome), gust knock backs multiple people  and armor to protect its self.  also want the dragon/wyvern to be attackable by zergs but only up to 1200 range but not taking a full damage so it dont go down to quick...whats everyones thought on this?

• Confused 2

no no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no no

tl;dr: no

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

no no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no nono no no no

tl;dr: no

So... a maybe then?

• Haha 2

it's just far too much, bc it needs a big lot of dmg if u want it to be able to "bomb effectively" against a blob (~45+ players)

it should never be mountable also, as this is supereasy to abuse for servertrolls, even if u set it on an extremly expensive mastery. some trolls are yet high ranked, isn't absurdly hard if ranks are your only focus.

i wouldn't mind if anet would add some few mechanics that are locked to really high ranks, like cost 1000 wvw-mastery points to pull them.

but rather not sth crazy like a bomber plane, which u basically suggested.

there is yet a lot of minor stuff that could be reworked decisively to usefulness: mercanaries on alpines, wyvern and mercs on desert border. general lord power on towers/keeps across the maps. the wyvern in RBL are similar to the NPC bosses of the HoT maps, just that they are hidden in some corner lol. if you could sorta summon them with a tactics into some keep, it'd be a significant defense boost, for example. right now, i guess they never ever get killed even. similar to the boss NPC at the red side EBG northwest camp, the arboreal spirit thingy. rather strong but usually not doing anything. similar to blue EBG side grub. and idk even if green side has anything alike as well, i think not.

(lords are especially weak towards smaller groups and cannot even effectively pressure a single thief or mesmer in a lot of cases)

17 hours ago, Excursion.9752 said:

Remind me again of why open field dragon banners got removed? Oh I remember they were over powered much like this idea.

would be a master piece, to get dragons in trade for dragon banners lel

dragon banner with old dmg and unnerfed could deal like 500.000 dmg within one engage, we had that once where the other top dps was only sth like 90k-120k i think

was still more fun than just beeing unable to do anything against three times bigger groups openfield tbh

(while i still agree, dragonbanners needed to be area-restricted... we once took SM against 4 dragonbanners and a massive cloudblob with 35-40 players, that was superkitten and took 40minutes literally fight-grinding on lord room)

17 minutes ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

would be a master piece, to get dragons in trade for dragon banners lel

dragon banner with old dmg and unnerfed could deal like 500.000 dmg within one engage, we had that once where the other top dps was only sth like 90k-120k i think

was still more fun than just beeing unable to do anything against three times bigger groups openfield tbh

(while i still agree, dragonbanners needed to be area-restricted... we once took SM against 4 dragonbanners and a massive cloudblob with 35-40 players, that was superkitten and took 40minutes literally fight-grinding on lord room)

I remember shortly after Hot launch when our zerg was at SMC. 

The AoE appeared and our commander said:

"Uhh what's that? "

Only for half of our zerg to be downstate the next moment. 

Good times. 

12 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I remember shortly after Hot launch when our zerg was at SMC. 

The AoE appeared and our commander said:

"Uhh what's that? "

Only for half of our zerg to be downstate the next moment. 

Good times. 

Doesnt that still describe them?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

cc is even worse than dmg tbh x) the game is yet sooo much brainded CC-spam.... the cooldowns on CC skills should be like +10 seconds on every single one these days. since only balance that happens is nerfs, condi application intervall and CC cooldowns could get that treatment as well

but still, a guy flying on a wyvern would be quite nuts. if it couldn't do any dmg, it would be the same fail issue as warclaw is by now. creating lags, while beeing useless in most cases. big.

and bro, dragon banner at launch beeing OP was also because people had no clue about it. guess most of us that knew to old dmg dragonbanner still can relate. first time u saw it u been like WTF IS THIS

that is what makes the feb20 nerfs so sad. nowadays the game is a slow grind for kills, outside of cheesy glass crap builds. (like the PERFECTLY BALANCED ENGI class named holo who throws 2 nades on you in stealth and overheats you for 14k dmg and bam oneshot)

On 8/10/2021 at 7:44 PM, NubCakes.7461 said:

well the idea is just 1 guy only flying around with it and if u dont have smc u cant summon it…and it doesnt have to be a damage it can be just to cc people around or remove boons to create opening for smaller groups. even to just knock people of sieges too

But if you own smc, how are you the smaller group? 

it sometimes does not get attacked for ages, bc people are afraid. only on the blobservers, so usually t1-3 it gets hit on nearly 24/7

and after primetime, numbers can severly shift. suddenly the former bloby server is heavily undernumbers

this was btw the case since beta. i saw a very old video of some game tester who got clapped hard at the very early years of Wvw by some enemy blob near anzalias xD yet - u didn't get oneshot back then. not even with his basic potatoe gear and without clue about his skills. nowadays? u (would / can) die from 1700 range without sometimes seeing what really did hit u. :I