Remove Signet of Rage cast time

Lonecap.4105

24 minutes ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

This is an effect they consider grandmaster trait tier. That's an insane suggestion. 

Its on crit for Furious. But arms falls apart a lot in matching these traits. Cause outside the crit adrenaline gain and opportunist (meh outside spellbreaker) a warrior focusing on adrenaline build up and dmg Potency wouldn't want extra condi dmg at all... 

4 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Its on crit for Furious. But arms falls apart a lot in matching these traits. Cause outside the crit adrenaline gain and opportunist (meh outside spellbreaker) a warrior focusing on adrenaline build up and dmg Potency wouldn't want extra condi dmg at all... 

I don't disagree that it's overpriced. That's a separate discussion about how the entire concept of Warrior revolves around gaining and spending adrenaline yet the baseline rate of adrenaline gain is tuned to 2012 GW2 the class almost can't function without extra adrenaline gain traits. I'm just saying they price this effect as a GM and its NOT going to be on the passive end of a signet. 

Edited by Jzaku.9765

Well you know what's the thing right? If not adrenaline on strike with an ICD at least 1 adrenaline strike per second would ensure more fluid game play and less rng with waiting 3 adrenaline for 3 seconds to use a burst when you only need 1 strike of adrenaline to use said burst. And for warrior 3 seconds of being unable to use a burst (ofc with no other adrenaline gain) is quite serious. 

And the thing with running banner as a roamer is, yes you can probably be lucky and rez yourself with it (have done it, it's the best feeling ever), but it suffers from the fundamental issues of banners and their greatest downside which is even more evident in WvW than pvp. Restriction of movement. The field is not big enough to kite and fight into. So Rage Signet, even tho less powerful is usually preferred. In my builds at least. 

Although I do match it with Spellbreaker more than I do with core and Zerker for the obvious lesser adrenaline cap. 

Rampage stunlock still strong in 1v1s, and the damage reduction and movement impairement reduction still very helpful in zergs or escaping. If you need swiftness you could simply bind the template button on something tbh and switch between your actual pvp spec (shield offhand axe gs) and roaming mobility spec (warhorn). At least for WvW

Signet of Rage doesn't help the team. Rampage and Banner on the other hand is actually game changing when timed.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Rampage stunlock still strong in 1v1s, and the damage reduction and movement impairement reduction still very helpful in zergs or escaping. If you need swiftness you could simply bind the template button on something tbh and switch between your actual pvp spec (shield offhand axe gs) and roaming mobility spec (warhorn).

Signet of Rage doesn't help the team. Rampage and Banner on the other hand is actually game changing when timed.

That's the thing, there is nothing game changing about SoR.

13 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Well you know what's the thing right? If not adrenaline on strike with an ICD at least 1 adrenaline strike per second would ensure more fluid game play and less rng with waiting 3 adrenaline for 3 seconds to use a burst when you only need 1 strike of adrenaline to use said burst. And for warrior 3 seconds of being unable to use a burst (ofc with no other adrenaline gain) is quite serious. 

And the thing with running banner as a roamer is, yes you can probably be lucky and rez yourself with it (have done it, it's the best feeling ever), but it suffers from the fundamental issues of banners and their greatest downside which is even more evident in WvW than pvp. Restriction of movement. The field is not big enough to kite and fight into. So Rage Signet, even tho less powerful is usually preferred. In my builds at least. 

Although I do match it with Spellbreaker more than I do with core and Zerker for the obvious lesser adrenaline cap. 

For WvW I would say that Rampage is better, Training how to ress yourself  with banner is good try. I personally don't do this all the time because I can't guarantee that I will kill my opponents. But if help is coming I will use it to ress myself.

About SoR, is a burst dmg increase and by this should be used with a range weapon, the benefits of gaining adrenaline as passive is good the problem is the time  of the boons.

3 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Give it quickness on top of those other boons tbh, I didn't ask for something uncounterable.

Probably won't be enough but I'd personally be happy with just quickness on SoR.

Here is my objective take.

It's a selfish elite, made a little less selfish by PS, but not explicitly very powerful.

Have the passive become gain 1 adrenaline per second while on combat.

Change the passive to:

Gain 5s of superspeed, 5s of quickness, 5s of alacrity, 5s of fury, 20 stacks of might for 5s, and 30 adrenaline. 45s CD, 1/4s cast time.

It's main use is to set up your burst/spike, so do it with full offensive support and the required adrenaline.

2 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Here is my objective take.

It's a selfish elite, made a little less selfish by PS, but not explicitly very powerful.

Have the passive become gain 1 adrenaline per second while on combat.

Change the passive to:

Gain 5s of superspeed, 5s of quickness, 5s of alacrity, 5s of fury, 20 stacks of might for 5s, and 30 adrenaline. 45s CD, 1/4s cast time.

It's main use is to set up your burst/spike, so do it with full offensive support and the required adrenaline.

Yeah this sounds enough tbh.

Superspeed on Warrior when people can still do z-axis teleports would still be annoying. This still technically isn't asking for too much. Might be cool with leadership runes too to cleanse some condis if this did happen.

Edited by BlackTruth.6813

2 minutes ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Yeah this sounds enough tbh.

Superspeed on Warrior when people can still do z-axis teleports would still be annoying. This still technically isn't asking for too much. Might be cool with leadership runes too to cleanse some condis if this did happen.

There is only so much a warrior can do with z axis teleports. This would ideally be something that you use after a successful CC. I'd even still be open to it being instant cast rather than quarter cast.

1 hour ago, BlackTruth.6813 said:

Give it quickness at least, I didn't ask for instant cast BS or cheese mechanics.

This utility has NEVER  compared to rampage and banner after those got buffed.

Its an elite. Over "For Great Justice!", it has swiftness and 8 extra might. FGJ has no cast and is not elite, and gives the might and fury to your team also...

So yeah, instant cast is the least we can have.

• Like 1