Mirage with new confusion

Stavros.8249

To be honest we testing i have test it on Desmina (SH)and Cairn and realy realy bad now. Nothing even close to what is a scourge/harbinger or a Ren can do as condi dmg. I mean that not good in open world or any other gamemode. So mirage is kind of a complete useless class right now.

Edited by Requiem.9648
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Are you sure about that?

GW2wingman has 31K Mirages and ~25K scourges on their site for Desmina (SH) as of this patch. For SH CM they have mirage ~37K , cRen ~26K, and scourge ~24K. Before patch it is listed as ~35K mirage , ~27K cRen, ~25K scourge.

For TL they have mirage ~10K and cRen ~6K. Before patch it was ~11K for mirage and ~7K for cRen and ~7K for scourge.

If you want a real test try a full condi chrono they have more stack of confusion and you wont be able to go more than 20k on Golem with all boon banner etc. So overall is a pretty big nerf and the passive is way too weak compare to any other type of condi. To be honest the dmg on skill cast seem just fine but the passive dmg seem to be joke. i dont think you will see a condi chrono in any gamemode now.  For chaos Mirage axe seem good but most dps come from the torment not confusion.

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Are you sure about that?

GW2wingman has 31K Mirages and ~25K scourges on their site for Desmina (SH) as of this patch. For SH CM they have mirage ~37K , cRen ~26K, and scourge ~24K. Before patch it is listed as ~35K mirage , ~27K cRen, ~25K scourge.

For TL they have mirage ~10K and cRen ~6K. Before patch it was ~11K for mirage and ~7K for cRen and ~7K for scourge.

All I did was to take the axe mirage from sc website. https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks

There the mirage is at 35129 dps, with confusion be at 28 stacks. 

The condition damage stat is at 3128

The new confusion will do (0,03*3128)+1=95 dps per stack of confusion (it's +1 cause it already did 10 dps) 

So 95*28= 2660 more dps from confusion.

Final 35129+2660=37789 dps

7 hours ago, Stavros.8249 said:

All I did was to take the axe mirage from sc website. https://snowcrows.com/benchmarks

There the mirage is at 35129 dps, with confusion be at 28 stacks. 

The condition damage stat is at 3128

The new confusion will do (0,03*3128)+1=95 dps per stack of confusion (it's +1 cause it already did 10 dps) 

So 95*28= 2660 more dps from confusion.

Final 35129+2660=37789 dps

So golem benchmarks and not reality on bosses (the whole point of the confusion change) , go on wingman and compare pre-patch and post-patch.

The damage dropped on SH/TL but is far from unusable : it's still ahead of rev/scourge because moving targets don't get full torment DPS and TL moves a lot especially.

This is just a rehash of what was said on

My prediction was right by the way if you look at postpatch logs,

Yup. The confusion nerf was huge.

I was getting 30k confusion ticks in 100cm despite morons constantly declining every DPS class that wasn't a firebrand or scourge in PuGs. I could compete.

Then this patch came and mirage damage was flat out gutted. Lucky to get ticks over 12-15k in 100cm now, the passive tick damage is pitiful and doesn't even come close to compensating.

Cry of Frustration feels like a DPS loss in most cases or at best DPS neutral with the potential for a DPS loss if not pulled off well with precast phantasm and chained axe 2's if you run Riddle instead of Deception.

What's the point of mirage anyways, when you can bring a scourge that can do damage from range, strip boons, give 2.5k barriers every so often, bring CC in F4 without gutting their DPS unlike diversion and using up your passive stat signets for CC as mirage?

What's the point of mirage over a Firebrand who does similar damage, but with the luxury of burst with little ramp up, with access to group quickness and fury or stability, on top of tomes that give them easy access to reflects and stability and condi clear for the group without needing to swap out to utilities that cost them DPS? And while giving free aegis to the group with their low cd heal mantra?

Edited by Zenith.7301
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

The only build benefitting from confusion change is Alacrity mirage. Because Alacrity is important enough to bring on all fights, and now they are OK damage on all fights instead of just a few, and given they can have alacrity uptime with sigils, utility, good and runes and wear full viper gear, they might become the primary mirage raiding build.

Edited by Nezekan.2671
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Nezekan.2671 said:

The only build benefitting from confusion change is Alacrity mirage. Because Alacrity is important enough to bring on all fights, and now they are OK damage on all fights instead of just a few, and given they can have alacrity uptime with sigils, utility, good and runes and wear full viper gear, they might become the primary mirage raiding build.

God please, I hope not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Zenith.7301 said:

Should have been 100% of bleed damage just like Torment. If you need to nerf stacks or duration after, that's fine. But confusion needs to not suck kitten.

U are correct, because confusion proc do 0.09 damage just like torment. So the base should go from 0,03 to 0,06 just like torment. 

Edited by Stavros.8249

On 8/23/2021 at 8:51 PM, otto.5684 said:

I do agree with the change in design for confusion, but the passive damage is still to low. Anet should have made it 75% of bleed.

Yea that would be nice.

It also would have been cool to see them do something like scale the damage  on skill use up based on how long it had been since the target used a skill. This would make it significantly more impactful against anything that attacks slowly, and would also give Anet a way to specifically tweak confusion damage in the fights it was overperforming without impacting anything else by modifying the scaling for fast attacks. They could have set it up so that the damage in those specific encounters was something like 85-90% of what it was previously, while having the proc damage be 2-3x or even higher on enemies that attack pretty slowly.

It would also help to keep a unique flavor to confusion

• Like 1