Photonic Blasting Module

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Photonic_Blasting_Module

Doesn't this trait kind of defeat the purpose of a penalty?It's a GM, it's supposed to be a "build defining" thing so it's ok imo.

I know it is memes but I have been using zerk and I hit 11k aoe on a group of 4 at Capricorn and downed them all lol, they didnt even see it coming lmao.Seems like nothing number changes can't fix.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Photonic_Blasting_Module

Doesn't this trait kind of defeat the purpose of a penalty?

I know it is memes but I have been using zerk and I hit 11k aoe on a group of 4 at Capricorn and downed them all lol, they didnt even see it coming lmao.

I don't see how this really defeats the purpose of a penalty...This trait is forcing you to eat the penalty, since it makes you unable to lose heat without overheating. Overheating is still punishing, since you will still take the damage over time effect and your toolbelt skills are put on a 5 seconds cooldown.

But it makes sense that the trait is reducing the penalty overall. With the other 2 grandmaster traits, the goal is to never overheat. This trait here wants you to overheat and disables you avoiding it in the long run, the penalty would be way too big if the trait doesn't reduce it.

@Tayga.3192 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

Doesn't this trait kind of defeat the purpose of a penalty?It's a GM, it's supposed to be a "build defining" thing so it's ok imo.

I know it is memes but I have been using zerk and I hit 11k aoe on a group of 4 at Capricorn and downed them all lol, they didnt even see it coming lmao.Seems like nothing number changes can't fix.

It's GM is no longer an excuse, and you know it.

@Kodama.6453 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:

I know it is memes but I have been using zerk and I hit 11k aoe on a group of 4 at Capricorn and downed them all lol, they didnt even see it coming lmao.

I don't see how this really defeats the purpose of a penalty...This trait is forcing you to eat the penalty, since it makes you unable to lose heat without overheating. Overheating is still punishing, since you will still take the damage over time effect and your toolbelt skills are put on a 5 seconds cooldown.

But it makes sense that the trait is reducing the penalty overall. With the other 2 grandmaster traits, the goal is to never overheat. This trait here wants you to overheat and disables you avoiding it in the long run, the penalty would be way too big if the trait doesn't reduce it.

Ok, no sweat, doesnt need a 5.0 coefficient though.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I mean, people are already considering it to be meme tier even with it's 5.0 coefficient. Why nerf something that isn't used? Obviously, the trait already isn't really worth it right now.

@Kodama.6453 said:

I mean, people are already considering it to be meme tier even with it's 5.0 coefficient. Why nerf something that isn't used?

They are using the trait though. They dont have to be on zerk to kill you when they overheat.

you didnt even name the other gms,,,,,,lol

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

I mean, people are already considering it to be meme tier even with it's 5.0 coefficient. Why nerf something that isn't used?

They are using the trait though. They dont have to be on zerk to kill you when they overheat.

I didn't think it would be necessary to name the other 2 grandmaster traits, but ok, if you insist: enhanced capacity storage unit and thermal release valve

I don't play PvP, so I don't really care if they nerf the coefficient of the blasting module in that game mode as long as they keep the 5.0 coefficient in PvE. But since I keep reading from people that it is meme tier, I thought that a nerf doesn't seem needed.

And tbh, I can see why this trait is considered meme tier in PvP. You get an attack with 5.0 coefficient, but look at the downsides.

• you lose sustain from heat therapy, since you are forced to overheat to get access to the healing, meaning that you will take 4k damage before healing back up by heat therapy
  • the skill requires build up (having to reach 100 heat)
  • the skill disables the holoforge until completely cooled down (15.5 seconds)
  • the skill disables toolbelt skills for 5 seconds
  • the skill is highly telegraphed with a red circle and a delay of around 2.5 seconds

Looking at all this, I think that overheating with blasting module should be the hardest hitting skill in the game. It is loaded with counterplay and penalties for the user.

@Kodama.6453 said:

I didn't think it would be necessary to name the other 2 grandmaster traits, but ok, if you insist: enhanced capacity storage unit and thermal release valve

I don't play PvP, so I don't really care if they nerf the coefficient of the blasting module in that game mode as long as they keep the 5.0 coefficient in PvE. But since I keep reading from people that it is meme tier, I thought that a nerf doesn't seem needed.

And tbh, I can see why this trait is considered meme tier in PvP. You get an attack with 5.0 coefficient, but look at the downsides.
  • you lose sustain from heat therapy, since you are forced to overheat to get access to the healing, meaning that you will take 4k damage before healing back up by heat therapy
  • the skill requires build up (having to reach 100 heat)
  • the skill disables the holoforge until completely cooled down (15.5 seconds)
  • the skill disables toolbelt skills for 5 seconds
  • the skill is highly telegraphed with a red circle and a delay of around 2.5 seconds

Looking at all this, I think that overheating with blasting module should be the hardest hitting skill in the game. It is loaded with counterplay and penalties for the user.

I still don't think that justifies being a 5.0 coefficient when nearly everything has been nerfed down to about 2.0. Not saying it should be 2.0 but maybe something like 3.5 might be a good start and then polish it from there, for example adding +100% heat lost after overheating would lock Photon Forge out for 10s instead of 15.5s making it a playstyle revolving around overheating and reducing the penalty for it.