nerfed ranger

Druh.1092

@Zero.1028 said:They did fix scourge, instead of all 3 shades effecting you at once it's only 1 now, which effectively reduces a Scourges dmg

Except they run the shade GM , which makes the change essentially non-noticeable.

Queues will literally still be filled with Scourge and Spellbreaker, and you'll see less Soulbeasts because so many people used the Gazelle bug pet and don't realize how much the Soulbeast was getting carried by that and will swap back to druid in no-time.

Yeah I'm pretty sure the bigger shade was stacking dmg as well, it even says in the tooltip that it counts as 3 shades for related traits. I'll have to mess around with a few Scourges in pvp to be sure though. Besides Gazelle pet really needed to be fixed with how much dmg it was pumping out. Be glad it was just a single pet nerf rather than an entire class nerf.

@Zero.1028 said:Yeah I'm pretty sure the bigger shade was stacking dmg as well, it even says in the tooltip that it counts as 3 shades for related traits. I'll have to mess around with a few Scourges in pvp to be sure though. Besides Gazelle pet really needed to be fixed with how much dmg it was pumping out. Be glad it was just a single pet nerf rather than an entire class nerf.

Exactly, and the way EVERYONE was using the greater shade could have been a sign that it was insanely strong so i would guess that it was doing it as well. All i want to know, was it the PET version of Charge or the Beastmode version that got nerfed? Either way, too be honest i am not that hugely bothered. Time will tell if they over nerfed it or if it feels still pretty good. I never really saw the pet actually doing insane with it except against downed people anyway. Not sure how people were hitting 40k+ with it if it was the pet one or the beastmode one either.

@Druh.1092 said:cant understand why they nerfed ranger and left scourge like are they serious bout to quit this game right now pos devs

Scourges actually received more changes than were listed in the patch notes:

Manifest Sand Shade: Sand shade duration was reduced from 20 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW only.Nefarious Favor: The cooldown of this skill was increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW only.

@jcbroe.4329 said:Don't understand why they extended the amount of hits of the skill that keeps the Gazelle stationary though. It was already a weak pet against moving targets, now it's just a useless pet.

Yeah, this was a STUPID change, they decreased the damage and the vul stacks on it and increased the number of times it hit - when we mentioned how bad it is for not being able to hit a moving target. Good old Anet Lol

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Gazelle charge did need a nerf. Gazelle kick was the furthest thing from needing a nerf.

Too be honest, i am not sure that it did. I never saw the 40k+ hits others were talking about. The Charge Vs downed DID need fixing and im not even sure if they did. If they nerfed it simply for that it just shows lazy balance. They could have simply made it so it hits the downed person then continues. Like its meant to do!?

The highest i saw (outside of hitting someone downed) was maybe 7-8k? A cool down increase would have fixed that, most of the time it was hitting for 3-5k and i have seen auto attacks hit for more than that.

LMAO.

Anet once again show no bound of how bad they do the balance.

NO NERF on Scourge and Spellbreaker, two of the most broken specs ever, while gutted a worthless class in pvp/ wvw even more!This is how Anet do their balance, always gutted ranger first no matter what!

I can tell you this, during my time in PVP/ WVW, NEVER ONCE did I get OHKO by ANY of the ranger's Gazella. They're like tickling me too much when playing Druid and die quickly when playing Soulbeast.

Oh, let me mention one more things.

Scourge REAL BUG is not Shade procing multiple times, I have Scourge played for a very decent amoung of time in WvW and notice this.

1. ALL F2~F5 functions like shatter that even without the shade present, all the effect will proc on scourge himself, as well as pulsing damage on F5 will double proc from both shade and yourself.

2. Dhuum Fire and Weakening Shroud trait proc from ALL F1~F5 skills instead of listed like tool-tip: Only affect #1 skill.It also causes cripple from an unknown source too.

Add these factors and next to no cast time on F2~F5, as well as excellent cleanse, you have a broken class that can tank damage like no tmr (Trailblazer and excellent cleanse) and do absurd amount of aoe damage.

The charge still does a fair amount of damage.. on hit. So that's okay. The problem is that it barely hits anything to begin with. And this is how they always do it. They nerf damage on pets and rarely fix their reliability to hit stuff. They did a few range increases on some pets (not all for whatever reason) to match the ones that had the longest range some time ago, and they had that wyvern update that made those pets somewhat more useable. Other than that, nothing..

Smokescale is still the top tier pet in pvp because it has a gap closer in addition to its utility both in and outside beastmode. I'd say its the only time they have hit the mark with a pet ever, but then you remember that it used to have the smoke field as an automated attack which was way less useful than its current state and it didn't change until people said "yo, it would make a lot more change to be able to control the smoke field". I tried the cheetah pet for a while, and what a surprise, it staggers after the teleport before doing the actual attack meaning its shadowstep attack never hits a moving target. Useless. Why can't it just latch on to people like the smokescale? Because players would have to pay attention to what pet a ranger swap out? Oh dear, wouldn't that be horrible...

@Aomine.5012 said:LMAO.

NO NERF on Scourge and Spellbreaker, two of the most broken specs ever, while gutted a worthless class in pvp/ wvw even more!This is how Anet do their balance, always gutted ranger first no matter what!

I can tell you this, during my time in PVP/ WVW, NEVER ONCE did I get OHKO by ANY of the ranger's Gazella. They're like tickling me too much when playing Druid and die quickly when playing Soulbeast.

Just fixing the multiple proccing of condis from all the shades will be a big hit and that wasnt even a nerf. It was a bug fix. You need to calm down a little. This wasnt a balance update. These fixes should have happened weeks ago but they arent balance changes. They are bug fixes.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

Just fixing the multiple proccing of condis from all the shades will be a big hit and that wasnt even a nerf. It was a bug fix. You need to calm down a little. This wasnt a balance update. These fixes should have happened weeks ago but they arent balance changes. They are bug fixes.

I'm literally testing on golems right now.

It doesn't affect the Greater Shade build, which is the meta build for pvp/wvw all that much.Biggest nerf as far as damage go is f5 stop procing Dhuum Fire 7 times.

ANET nerfs a single pet

MY CLASS IS GUTTED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:Gazelle charge did need a nerf. Gazelle kick was the furthest thing from needing a nerf.

Too be honest, i am not sure that it did. I never saw the 40k+ hits others were talking about. The Charge Vs downed DID need fixing and im not even sure if they did. If they nerfed it simply for that it just shows lazy balance. They could have simply made it so it hits the downed person then continues. Like its meant to do!?

The highest i saw (outside of hitting someone downed) was maybe 7-8k? A cool down increase would have fixed that, most of the time it was hitting for 3-5k and i have seen auto attacks hit for more than that.

I was able to consistently get 20k plus hits with gazelle. It was really just a matter of landing it. I only was able to land it about 60% of the time. But almost every time it landed it was 20k plus. And if it downed them the other hits would happen in which case I'd see 40-60k hits. Had this happen every match I played with it.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:The highest i saw (outside of hitting someone downed) was maybe 7-8k? A cool down increase would have fixed that, most of the time it was hitting for 3-5k and i have seen auto attacks hit for more than that.It usually seemed to hit for 8-10k on most enemies. Anything hit for more than that would generally be because the controlling player stacked a bunch of damage modifiers on the pet to make it hit harder, which doesn't count as active play for reasons I guess.

@Lazze.9870 said:Why can't it just latch on to people like the smokescale? Because players would have to pay attention to what pet a ranger swap out? Oh dear, wouldn't that be horrible...That's exactly it, people really, really hate when pets (and other forms of AI, for that matter) are actually a threat they have to deal with instead of something they can safely ignore.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:The highest i saw (outside of hitting someone downed) was maybe 7-8k? A cool down increase would have fixed that, most of the time it was hitting for 3-5k and i have seen auto attacks hit for more than that.It usually seemed to hit for 8-10k on most enemies. Anything hit for more than that would generally be because the controlling player stacked a bunch of damage modifiers on the pet to
make
it hit harder, which doesn't count as active play for
reasons
I guess.

@Lazze.9870 said:Why can't it just latch on to people like the smokescale? Because players would have to pay attention to what pet a ranger swap out? Oh dear, wouldn't that be horrible...That's exactly it, people really,
really
hate when pets (and other forms of AI, for that matter) are actually a threat they have to deal with instead of something they can safely ignore.

Could it possibly be because we don't want to PvE when we are PvPing?

Archived