Changes to Spellbreaker

Tharnaron.2967

Dear Anet,I would love to have a discussion with the group of developers that made that changes in WvW to Spellbreaker.. a character class I have enjoyed playing for quite awhile now but thanks to the changes is now essentially useless... why on earth would you make Winds of Disenchantment now stationary?? It was not overpowered, though if deployed correctly could be a difference maker, but then isn't that a good thing? To make things worse you halved the # of boons that can be stripped with Break Enchantments... incredibly disappointing... There have been occasions during a fight when I could see myself and other Spellbreakers in our squad making a difference... now they are essentially worthless and will in all probability be shelved... this was an impact class (if deployed correctly) that was not overpowered (an opinion yes) but now thanks to the Nerf Bat you have swung will not really be present in WvW.... So I would love to hear from the devs what was the data/information that drove these decisions...

See guys? This is what happens when you give a candy for no reason to someone and then take it away because he didn't deserve it in the first place, now they complain that you took it away.Instead of complaining about that poor elite skill, you should complain about amount of flying boons/condies/heals/ccs/damage/converts for free since HoT release.Stupid whack a mole mind of balance: add kitten load of broken stuff > add another kitten load of broken stuff to counter the first wave > add another kitten load of broken stuff to balance second wave > repeat again and again. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@Tharnaron.2967 said:Granted an opinion thing here but it was not overpowered.. you could see and you could dodge out of it... now it is absolutely useless as an offensive tactic... the idea of being stationary is ridiculous..I don't think they believed it was overpowered. I think they were unhappy with how it panned out, making the Spellbreaker even more of just a bubble. I think the change back is a first step to try to find a better role for the class. On the other hand, they are never going to find a better role until they find a better balance between melee and range at large scale gameplay.

Warrior main here. Squad fight in EotM yesterday, us spellbreakers place the bubbles next to each other forming a 'wall'. The enemy has no means of moving unless moving through it. Total domination. We can't get interrupted while using the bubble (we can while casting, but its a lesser time frame) and we can move and use other skills to survive in the meantime. I played those fights to see how effective the bubble would be and it's actually the same if not better than before.

I zerg all the time on healbreaker, and honestly it took some getting used to- but the bubble still works and can provide high value. it's more reactive and defensive now, but it's good. I've ruined a ton of enemy pushes with it already.

that cast time needs to be toned down though, it's just too long.reduce the cast time to 1sec, 1.5sec is too much. the animation is big and a second is long enough to boon corrupt the warrior and interrupt, the extra half second is overkill and means the enemy group has too much time to move before the bubble goes down.

still, I have to say, I see way less spellbreakers than I used to. a lot of people moved off the class with this change.

@lovemghool.7613 said:WoD is still fine and wont drop off your bar

but the Break Enchantments change is unfortunate as it is already a heavy one to slot in instead of other defensive slots and even pre-nerf not everyone ran it and instead opted for FGJ/Stance. still it is workable

True. Cause you can try and play spellbreaker in zerging for the boonrip, but then better get daggers and boonrip skills at the cost of survivability. Issue is, our boonrip is a bit too inneffective, especially when out of the probably 4 or 5 spellbreakers in the group only you will run daggers and break enchantments.

Cause for the bubble: Featherfoot Grace, Endure Pain, Dolyak Signet Active, pop the Bubble, Defiant Stance run outta there. Shield and WArhorn for some support and that's it. At least we dont have to stay in the enemy AoEs now.