WvW Skirmish Claim Ticket Refund Merchant

AenimaEx.7306

Hi GW2 Developer Team,i play WvW for a while now and spend some WvW Tickets for the legendary armor and WvW Infusions. I bought a lot of Infusions for which i now have no use. Why there isn't a merchant for refunding the WvW-Infusions into WvW-Tickets? The infusions are worthless for me because i have no purpose for it, but i spent nearly 1k WvW-Tickets for it.Hope there will be a satisfying solution.

Best regards,

AenimaEx

If people could freely get refunds then the cost eventually becomes irrelevant.

There are other means to acquire those infusions which would undermine the existing means to acquire tickets if player could freely buy those infusions with one set of currency and then exchange them for tickets.

If you bought something IRL, and then later on have no use for it, would you go back to the store asking for a way to refund it?

I doubt there will be refunds since then people can convert laurels into skirmish tickets. WvW infusions can be purchased for 5 laurels and 125 badges (which is paltry). It is far more likely a stat change recipe that doesn't require 2 Integrated Fractal Matrix would be introduced (ideally mystic coins as the raid infusions and Deldrimor ones require or other universal currency such as Ectoplasmic Stone).

WvW infusions aren't useless or "worthless" if you play WvW. The issue at hand is they can't be used in fractals so a positive fix would be to introduce a 500 artificer recipe that adds +9 agony to them or to use the mystic forge for a recipe that adds +9 agony for a reasonable price (for example a WvW infusion combined with six normal +9 agony).

+5 stat infusions in PVE with no appearance are upwards of 150 gold , cosmetic ones that may or not fit your appearance are 60g+

A change such as this would benefit WvW players that do not have a dedicated WvW equipment template (i.e. legendary armor+ trinkets) but also anyone that doesn't have full legendary (most WvW players on a second character).

This would also help people that play fractals almost exclusively to fund and prepare for WvW (because you need fractal relics to infuse backpieces and any rings other than Mist Band that aren't 3 stat).

Hi Infusion,i like really like your suggestion. If i could add +9 agony to the infusions and / or there will be a recipe for stat change they had more use to me.I got 3 +5 precision, 4 +5 concentration, 8 +5 power etc. so i have no full set of them. In that case they have no use for me. Thats what i meant.

@AenimaEx.7306 said:Hi Ayrilana,for that case Anet must determine how the infusions got acquired.RL comparisons are not quite appropriate here.

The comparison was relevant to show you how farfetched such a thing is. You rarely see such a thing IRL, as well as in most games, so it's unlikely you'll see it in GW2. Your suggestion would undermine the acquisition of tickets. Save those infusions for another build later in time. Use laurels and badges for your next set.

It isn't ridiculousness, because laurels are limited too. And If really someone hoarted laurels, why he / she should not could spend them in exchange to WvW Skirmish Tickets?And you need Badges of Honor too. So its unlikely that someone from PvE massively converts laurels into WvW Skirmish Tickets.

@AenimaEx.7306 said:It isn't ridiculousness, because laurels are limited too. And If really someone hoarted laurels, why he / she should not could spend them in exchange to WvW Skirmish Tickets?And you need Badges of Honor too. So its unlikely that someone from PvE massively converts laurels into WvW Skirmish Tickets.

It is ridiculous and you're not seeing that as you're so focused on how you would benefit from it. You're not seeing the impact it would have on the game.

I'll do the math for you as you're just focusing on laurels and badges being limited but ignoring how many players can acquire.

You can get 55 laurels per month (4 weeks). You can get almost 700 badges just from the skirmish chests from the skirmish reward track. They're also very easy to get as there are numerous sources for them. Infusions require 5 laurels and 125 badges. This means you can get upwards to 11 infusions per month at a cost of 55 laurels and 1,375 badges. You're asking for the ability to refund them for tickets which would be 45 tickets. This would mean that players would gain an additional 495 tickets per month or ~124 per week.

Now here are some other issues with this. There are players who already have large amounts of laurels and badges saved up. Being able to buy infusions and then refund them for tickets would mean that they do not actually need to do WvW. Players who do not want to do WvW to the extent of obtaining all of the tickets every week just need to farm enough badges and then wait it out until they have enough laurels. WvW would see a population drop. I can't say how much as I don't know how many are there solely for tickets.

I would have no issue if the infusions could be exchanged for other infusions but with a cost. Stat swapping ascended weapons/armor has a cost so these should as well if the option was made available.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:Imagine if you bought a $50,000 car, drive it for 10 years, buy a new car and go back to the first dealer arguing "I want my $50,000 refunded, this car is worthless to me now that I have a new car!"

Pretty sure you'd get laughed out the door.

But it is a common thing for gw2 for some reason.

People demanded refunds every time something becomes account bound because they bought one for each 67 of their alts. I could only imagine the hilarity if the legendary armory comes out.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:That makes no sense. You used these infusions for some time, now theyre of no use and you want to get your tickets back cause you probably want to spend those tickets on something else (leggy armor?). Unfair.

This.

1.) Usefulnessthe WvW infusions are not useless nor have they become useless. They are of less use now on the same character which does have legendary armor, but that does not magically diminish the use they provided in the past, nor the reduced use they might provide now on additional characters.

2.) Effectas suggested by others, full interchangeability brings with it issues. You might not like that fact, that does not make this fact disappear. Being toxic towards players who point to this fact in no way make your argument stronger

3.) Expectationwe have had past situations in this very game where possession of multiple of the same item was diminished and even made obsolete with additional new options of quality of life upgrades (Infinite Gathering tools, Salavage-O-Matics and commander tags respectively). The developers did not provide any reimbursement to players, in this cases players not even being at fault for the change in "value" of the item, expecting something in a player self caused situation is very far fetched