quest "night of fires" is fo real or a joke as melee ..pls help

night of fires .. how is it possible finish last boss as melee with all those aoe's adds and moving from aoe attacks and with damaged armors since i died 5 times.. i watched vid's on net 90% of them ranged..i play scepter torch / Gs guardian with berserker set , the only 1 guardian i found on net with videos was DH with bow.. i cant use bow because i am still trying to collect freakin 300 hero points...so pls tell me how can i finish this quest as a class who has to stay close to this boss and do damage while he is staying in fire and doing sht tons of aoe fire dmg to me.. :/am i missing something ? or am i not that talented for this game :/

You do not have to solo story parts. I usually find another player(s) when asking in map chat or searching LFG.

If I understood correctly it is the fights against Forged Bastion. Any class is able to use those bombs laying around, these do nice damage and can be thrown from distance.

Try ...

• A different build
  • The same build with different tactics
  • Exploring the map to collect 250 hero points (it can't be 300: at L80, you max out on basics; it only takes 250 to max Dragon Hunter, who uses bow).
  • Use LFG or /map to find someone else to do the story with. (Even adding one more person makes nearly all the stories much, much easier.)

I ran through that part solo on a core Guard (I also use scepter/torch with GS switch). It was extremely tough, I'm not going to lie. I didn't have to repeat the story part, but I did die a couple times. I brought Signet of Resolve as my heal along with "Stand Your Ground!", Wall of Reflection, Purging Flames, and "Feel My Wrath!". I had the most trouble with all of the Forged reinforcements at the end, but there were times when I was able to wittle down the Bastion's health pretty well. I didn't know about the bombs, that would have helped I think.

Anyway, the only other thing I can offer since you run Berzerker (I have Soldier's) is to maximize the timing of your dodges.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand the question. You don't have a melee character. You have a character. That is to say, all characters, every single one of them, has ranged and melee options. There's no guarantee that every fight can be done with one or the other. There are tons of things in this game that are easier to do as ranged or melee, which is why the game provides options for weapon swapping, and even allows you to get out of combat to swap weapons from your inventory.

Can the fight be beaten melee? Probably. But it's far easier to range and whatever profession you are you have a ranged option. If I were in real life, fighting something that was standing in a pool of fire, I wouldn't run into the fire to hit it, because that's not an intelligent way to fight. I don't care who the character is, picking up a bow as a warrior, or dual pistol as a thief is absolutely a viable option.

It's one boss. Adapting your choices is part of the game part of RPGs in general.

I did this with my Guardian (my pathfinder toon) and was surprised I didn't drop at least once - and I mean surprised giving the end battle.

Guardian is spec-ed for mace/shield and bow with Celestial armour - no great dps btw just tough to kill - this generates a decent amount of near continuous healing to deal with such sadistic fights. I am no great player but in general I dealt with the adds for the first 75% of the fight - little choice - before moving into to melee boss at the end.

Thing I noticed is that the two companions can probably kill the boss on their own - IF you keep them alive by clearing the trash away from them and onto yourself.

Main problem for me was being repeatedly blinded by pixel vomit in what is a very dark environment - almost dumped the story to restart with different screen set-up or sunglasses.

Not a fight I look forward too with my other toons :)....

Archived