Your balance patch wish list

Elxdark.9702

1 week until balance what are you main wishes or hopes for Deadeye?I don't expect anything from anet but a man can dream.

Well I'm at least expecting from them to fix all the bugs deadeye has and especially the Light of sight bug, so with that being said these are my changes:

Profession:

• Malice: Added condition damage.
  • Mark: Lowered the cast time from 1/2 to 1/4. This ability no longer resets malice. Malice now decays through time.

• Stolen Skills:
      • Increased damage by 200%. Increased Boon and Condition duration by 50%.

Traits:

• Malice: Interval Passive is now 3 seconds from 4 seconds, Malice Interval Attacking is now 1 second from 2 seconds, Malice Interval Decay 2 seconds.
  • Revealed Malice: This skill now grants 2 stacks of malice and 5 stacks of might.
  • Iron Sight: This skill now grants 180 toughness in addition to its previous effect.
  • One in the Chamber: This skill now grants 1 stack of malice whenever you use a stolen skill in addition to its previous effect. Reduce cantrip recharge by 20%.
  • Renewing Gaze: This trait has been added to Mark and replaced by Always on Sight. Always on Sight applies reveal for 4 seconds and cripple your target for 10 seconds when marking a foe.
  • Silent Scope: This trait now applies reveal for 2 seconds every time you successfully critical hit your target from behind or sides in addition to its previous effect, reveal doesn't stack.
  • Peripheral Vision: Boons and conditions applied by this trait now have a 50% more duration, increased the radius from 240 to 400.
  • Perfecionist: Added stability for 5 seconds to its previous effect.
  • Maleficient Seven: This trait no longer reduce malice gain time instead it grants 7 initiative in addition to its previous effect, heal multiplier is now 0.50 instead of 0.35, added an ICD of 8s.
  • Be Quick or Be Killed: Added ferocity to its previous effect.
  • Fire For Effect: This trait now makes your stolen skill unblockable.

Utility skills:

• Malicious Restoration: Lowered the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds, healing per malice is now 650 instead of 808.
  • Shadow Gust: This skill is now an instant cast.
  • Shadow Flare: This skill now throws random conditions per pulse to its previous effect. Increased damage by 20%, increased damage per malice from 7% to 10%, increased number of pulses from 5 to 7.

Weapon Skills:

• Brutal Aim: Lowered cast time from 3/4 to 1/2 increased damage by 10%.
  • Deadly Aim: Lowered cast time from 3/4 1/2.
  • Cursed Bullet: Lowered cast time from 3/4 to 1/2, increased projectile velocity by 100%.
  • Skirmisher's Shot: This skill no longer requires a target to cast, increased damage by 10%.
  • Spotter's Shot: Added weakness for 4 seconds, increased fury and vigor duration by 100%.
  • Double Tap: increase damage by 10%
  • Three Round Burst: Added 5 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds.
  • Death's Retreat: This skill no longer applies poison instead it applies cripple for 4 seconds, increased distance from 600 to 900, increased initiative from 5 to 6.
  • Death's Judgment: The damage bonus from this skill now only applies to the marked target. Decreased damage bonus per stack from 15% to 10%.
  • Kneel: Lowered the cast time from 1/2 to 1/4.
  • Free Action: This ability now grants superspeed for 2 seconds in addition to its previous effect.

This is what I have in mind and I hope to see some of this next tuesday probably not but w/e.You're free to discuss and share your own patch notes :+1:

Interesting. .. so you are expecting only buffs, not even 1 nerf.Dud your gonna be disappointed...

History has thought us that we will get 1-2 MINOR buffs or bug fixes and billions of nerfs so you better change your mind-set quickly or the disappointment will make you rage quit.

Also professions like necro, mesmer, ranger that are already dominating will get buffed to everyones surprise.

Yah know... the ususal...

@Volrath.1473 said:Interesting. .. so you are expecting only buffs, not even 1 nerf.Dud your gonna be disappointed...

History has thought us that we will get 1-2 MINOR buffs or bug fixes and billions of nerfs so you better change your mind-set quickly or the disappointment will make you rage quit.

Also professions like necro, mesmer, ranger that are already dominating will get buffed to everyones surprise.

I said that I do no expect anything from this I know anet so I will not be dissapointed.

Deadeye is so bad in every game mode that I can't see a nerf to anything but to death judgment and as you can see I made a nerf to that skill.Remember Daredevil? it never saw nerfs until people started to notice it was broken, Deadeye is so underwhelming that I literally can't see any nerf lol.

btw did you see the last balance patch? can you point me what nerfs they made? because I can't see them at all.

I'd expect that we'll see a nerf to Deaths Judgement top end damage (maybe limiting the multiplier to only affect your mark), and I expect we'll see a change to Mark to not work on ambient creatures or structures.

I hope but don't expect that we'll see fixes to rifle to resolve LoS issues (especially when kneeling) and general lack of DPS. Cantrips could also use some buffs but I don't expect much there either.

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Volrath.1473 said:Interesting. .. so you are expecting only buffs, not even 1 nerf.Dud your gonna be disappointed...

I said that I do no expect anything from this I know anet so I will not be dissapointed.

Deadeye is so bad in every game mode that I can't see a nerf to anything but death judgment and as you can see I made a nerf to that skill.Remember Daredevil? it never saw nerfs until people started to notice it was broken, Deadeye is so underwhelming that I literally can't see any nerf lol.

btw did you see the last balance patch? can you point me what nerfs they made? because I can't see them at all.

Well, people are already complaining about the overall damage Deadeye can put out with rifle, both including and excluding DJ, so we'll see how they buff or nerf our damage.

That said, buffs I would like to see:

Malice Rework: Malice builds without marking a target. When you hit a target, gain 1 stack of malice (ICD 2 seconds) Increase damage by 2% for each stack of malice. Deal 7% more damage to your marked target. Don't lose malice stacks when your target dies. Malice decays OOC by 1 stack a second.

Perfectionist: Add " if you mark a target with 5 or more malice, gain boons." Gives same boons as currently. Uses same ICD as current skill.

M7: Add "if you mark a target while you have 7 malice, perfectionist heals you." Same health as currently.

One in the Chamber: Also reduces cantrip CD by 20%

Silent Scope: Change to Steady Breathing. Increases crit chance by 20% while kneeling, increases vigor effectiveness by 50% while kneeling.

Brutal aim: damage increased to 0.65 (8.5%). Pierces 2 targets.Deadly Aim: Damage increased to 0.9 (12.5%) Pierces 2 targets.

Skirmisher's Shot: Mostly fineSpotters Shot: Increase damage to 1.25 (92%). Increase vigor duration by 100%

Double tap: RemoveThree Round Burst: Put into double tap's place. Increase might duration to 10 seconds (66%)New Skill (kneeling): Evade roll backwards 300 units. Evade 0.5 seconds. Total time 0.75 seconds. No damage. 4 initiative.

Death's Retreat: Remove poison- Make it blind instead. Reduce initiative by 1.Death's Judgement: Decrease base damage to 1.5 (-9%). Now deals 50% more damage to your marked target. Deals 10% more damage per stack of malice. (This buffs damage overall to a marked target with without M7 by 4% with 5 malice. This nerfs marked target damage with M7 by 2.5% with 7 malice. This buffs marked target damage with no malice by 36%).

Kneel: Make Snipers Cover defaultFree action: fine as is

Moving, Dodging, Jumping breaks kneel (does not apply free action effects).

Base Thief changes:Preparedness baseline.Replace preparedness with shadow prison: Stealing chills your target for 3 seconds.Steal CD at 25 seconds base.Remove Steal CD reduction from slight of hand. Daze on SoH becomes unblockable.Quick pockets: reduces weapon swap CD to 5 seconds. Gain 3 initiative on weapon swap (icd 10 seconds)Dancing Dagger: Remove bounce. Marks target with unique indicator. Rolls over to instant cast shadowstep. Shadowstep to the target you hit and cripple them for 3 seconds. 2 initiative.

That's all I have.

I think DE in a fairly good place so do not think that much needed outside rifle changes.

Stolen skills.

I do not think an across the board boost needed. Rather certain skills underperform.

Steal Time Increase SLOW to 3 seconds base.Steal defense make it 4 stacks poison.

Cantrips All good save for One in the chamber. Add a 20 percent lower ICD for all cantrips. One in the chamber should not lose its added skill when mark lost.

Rifle the AA. Brutal aim 1/2 second activation.Cursed bullet convert one additional boon to condition. Increase damage per condition on target (2 percent per) for cursed only.

Spotters shot ADD 3 second AOE reveal on hit.

Double tap lower to 3 INI

Deaths Retreat fix the ports lower to 4 ini.

All skills RIFLE kneel mode only. Increase range to 1800

A-net actually was so close to making support deadeye a workable build if they actuall made the radius workable and not based on stacking on pve mobs.

Periphiral vision should actually have an radius increase to 600 units atleast both around the people bursting the mark and myself since deadeye actually is a ranged spec.add 20 percent boon duration to perfectionist standardincrease radius to 600 atleast for fire for effect add superspeed

Turn Rifle into a better weapon with several changes

Gain 1 malice every 2 second while marked target range are bellow 1500

Except Death's Judgement, other Deadeye skill gain 2% damage increase per malice stack

remove shadow bullet cooldown and turn the projectile type to normal while increasing the speed

Reduce Mercy Cooldown to 15 second

Reduce Blinding Shadow cooldown to 30 second

Reduce Shadow Gust cooldown to 30

Just play a mirage. It's 100x better AND it will very soon replace thief's job (the only thing they USED to be decent at) in sPvP with its mobility.

Ever since I seriously started using my mirage, I haven't touched this joke of a class; and if next week's balance patch does not do DE justice, I don't plan to ever touch it until the next expansion (if I'm still playing). I'm tired of playing D/P for 5 years (S/D during its golden days - which wasn't very long).

@Asur.9178 said:Just play a mirage. It's 100x better AND it will very soon replace thief's job (the only thing they USED to be decent at) in sPvP with its mobility.

Ever since I seriously started using my mirage, I haven't touched this joke of a class; and if next week's balance patch does not do DE justice, I don't plan to ever touch it until the next expansion (if I'm still playing). I'm tired of playing D/P for 5 years (S/D during its golden days - which wasn't very long).

Well s/d is pretty nuts and after patch it will be stronger due to sb/scourge nerf, I agree with mirage tho that thing is b u s t e d af but unless they nerf the double steal trait you can still play s/d and have fun.I don't think mirage will ever replace dash thief and I don't think anet will ever nerf dash either imo.

Some changes I expect:Malice now scales differently, early malice stacks apply less damage boost then later ones, in exchange stacks accumulate slightly fasterMalice damage boost only affects attacks that hit your marked target.A possible scaling back on Deadeye might-stacking.

Wishlist:A balance pass on all stealth attacks, making them more impactingBountiful Theft boons are at full duration when applied to the ThiefUtility effects added to venoms (e.g. like how Basi both stuns and is unblockable, Skale venom might also transfer condis, Devourer apply reveal, etc)

Deadeye:

• Malice builds up passively while in combat and the max stack persist while in combat. It only resets back to zero after combat. This effect can be added appropriately to DE Gaze.
  • DE Mark boost damage on the target for allies for 10 seconds duration. Not required to gain or maintain Malice.
  • Kneel activates as stance buff. When active, the DE will kneel and use kneel skill if not moving, use regular skills when moving. Can move even when active. If the DE want to use the regular skills when not moving, they can deactivate the stance.
  • Shadow flare, more damage, long duration, short cooldown, bigger radius
  • Rifle's regular skills initiative cost should be cheaper. Kneel skills initiative cost is good (IMO)
  • One in the Chamber reduce Cantrip cooldown by 20%

Core:

• Acrobatics 3rd dodge. Daredevil can have the Vigor on evade effect.
  • Change max initiative from 12 to 15.
  • Change Preparedness to Dirty Fighting: Blind target on your next attack. 15 seconds CD

@Elxdark.9702 said:

@Asur.9178 said:Just play a mirage. It's 100x better AND it will very soon replace thief's job (the only thing they USED to be decent at) in sPvP with its mobility.

Well s/d is pretty nuts and after patch it will be stronger due to sb/scourge nerf, I agree with mirage tho that thing is b u s t e d af but unless they nerf the double steal trait you can still play s/d and have fun.I don't think mirage will ever replace dash thief and I don't think anet will ever nerf dash either imo.

I don't put any kind of terrible balancing past them at this point. I expect nothing coming from the next balance patch...so, there's literally no way I can be disappointed.

Mirage is literally a better stealth, without stealth. It detargets and makes it a pain to retarget while dishing out an absurd amount of damage (power and condi).

Btw, ambush sword makes mirage a better dash thief than a dash thief.

I expect little to nothing, but what I wish...aside from bug fixes..

• increase malice to 4% or 5% dmg per dot, lower DJ base dmg to keep same end dmg
  • roll parts of snipers cover into kneels base skill, add initiative regen when kneeling trait in it's place.
  • lower/remove mark cast time
  • lower init cost of 2 and 3rb and retreat by one
  • cantrip CD reduced with one in chamber
  • perephrial vision sets boons around target instead. Change allied targets to 10.
  • replace regen on gaze with quickness or something. I mean, why do they bother with regen boon still?
  • lower cast time of 3rb
  • remove proj speed from snipers cover and make it base rifle
  • increase auto attack speed
  • perfectionist gives some boons to allies around you
  • lower base cd of the heal
  • add short delay to shadowflare dmg start and extend swap after dmg is done. Incentive to use swap without losing dmg ticks.
  • add condi to malice

All together would be op probably, I'll be happy if some happen though.

Dj dmg reduced by 15%Make mark automated (automatically applied and you only manage when to take advantage of its stacks...at max stack it buffs you and restart the stacking)Make a non-steal build valid (It might still be...I have never used any steal abilities with my rifle thief for www)make any movement break kneelIncrease auto attack dmg by 10%Do something about skill 4...it should not be an escape and an attack on the same button...its confusing muscle memory alot!

death's retreat - teleport like phase retreat 3 ini, 360 distance (distance per INI still the same)DJ- take it on ammo system, reduce INIGive me trait similar to ranger Lead the wind (piercing, reduce cost of rifle skill by 1)Ankle shoot- add rifle in this traitBoost standing AA 15-20%Cursed bullet- in PvE it should give some CC effect or great dmg

Feedback gathered from several threads:

1. Not losing all malice when marking the same target in a row. Make it decay at a greater rate after mark is over. Marking the same target stops the decay and triggers its regeneration.
  2. Jumping breaks kneel. Kneels allows you to move 200 units without breaking for re position.
  3. Mark is instant cast OR not affected by line of sight.
  4. Sniper's cover is integrated with kneel.
  5. One in the chamber is changed to something else.
  6. Stolen kits have their effects enhanced.My suggestions:One in the chamber: When hitting a foe from x range on the side or the back, regain one Initiative.Unforgiving: Hitting a foe from range on the side or the back will make your bullet ricochet once.

Archived