Remove Mesmer Portal from PvP

Malediktus.9250

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First they came for the Diamond Skin, and I did not speak out—Because I was not an Elementalist.

Then they came for the Deathly Chill, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a Necromancer.

Then they came for the Ventari Healers, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a Revenant.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

~Martin Niemöller

@Morwath.9817 said:First they came for the Diamond Skin, and I did not speak out—Because I was not an Elementalist.

Then they came for the Deathly Chill, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a Necromancer.

Then they came for the Ventari Healers, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a Revenant.

~Martin NiemöllerThey were in need of a nerf

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:First they came for the
Diamond Skin
, and I did not speak out—Because I was not an
Elementalist

Then they came for the
Deathly Chill
, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a
Necromancer

Then they came for the
Ventari Healers
Revenant

Maybe, but the way 'nerf' happened, was exacly same as you suggested to do with Mesmer Portal.Both Diamond Skin and Deathly Chill were unique mechanics, which got 'removed' and replaced with something "similar".

@"Crystal Black.8190" said:I imagine the patch note.

Removed mesmer portal from the game. Increased blink range to 1500 to compensate for the mobility loss.

Ooo, you mean "Removed Mesmer portal from the game. Blink now has range increased to 1500 from 1200 and has now 3 charges, with charge recovery rate 45 seconds. We want Mesmer to remain mobile class." Quaggan wouldn't be surprised, thats why Quaggan is against.

Edit: Quagganized post.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Diamond Skin
Elementalist

Then they came for the
Deathly Chill
Necromancer

Then they came for the
Ventari Healers
Revenant

Maybe, but the way 'nerf' happened, was exacly same as you suggested to do with Mesmer Portal.Both Diamond Skin and Deathly Chill were unique mechanics, which got 'removed' and replaced with something "similar".

You'll blame the player base instead of how Anet balances based on testing internally, never utilize a public testing server to gauge shave changes and react based on public testing . That's cool.

The reality is, they were broken mechanics, it's not the playerbase's fault that Anet cannot balance and shave properly.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Diamond Skin
Elementalist

Then they came for the
Deathly Chill
Necromancer

Then they came for the
Ventari Healers
Revenant

You'll blame the player base instead of how Anet balances based on testing internally, never utilize a public testing server to gauge shave changes and react based on public testing . That's cool.

The reality is, they were broken mechanics, it's not the playerbase's fault that Anet cannot balance and shave properly.

No they weren't they listened to player tears like they always do, its why weavers got nerfed in PvE its why deathly chill got nerfed after CLEARLY NOT BEING OP FOR YEARS.

You people who cry ruin games with out a doubt.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:I imagine the patch note.

Removed mesmer portal from the game. Increased blink range to 1500 to compensate for the mobility loss.While blinks are another mechanic that should be deleted or at least nerfed, it would still be lightyears better than portal.

Portal can:

• move your whole team around in no time eg to lord in foefire or between two caps that need defending
  • defend a point from decap without physically being there
  • getting out of combat when near death really fast

@Genesis.5169 said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Diamond Skin
Elementalist

Then they came for the
Deathly Chill
Necromancer

Then they came for the
Ventari Healers
Revenant

No they weren't they listened to player tears like they always do, its why weavers got nerfed in PvE its why deathly chill got nerfed after CLEARLY NOT BEING OP FOR YEARS.

Stop blaming the people because Anet can't utilize a public testing server and shave numbers properly and know when something is broken or not broken from internal testing.

This is what a balance team is for, doing the above things, it's not the peoples' fault they can't do it right and in some cases do nothing at all (see scourge PoC)

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Removed mesmer portal from the game. Increased blink range to 1500 to compensate for the mobility loss.While blinks are another mechanic that should be deleted or at least nerfed, it would still be lightyears better than portal.

Portal can:
  • move your whole team around in no time eg to lord in foefire or between two caps that need defending

And it is supposed to do that. God forbid if the team communicates with each other. Portal is a skill that gets from utterly trash to must have depending if/how your team communicates.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Diamond Skin
Elementalist

Then they came for the
Deathly Chill
Necromancer

Then they came for the
Ventari Healers
Revenant

Diamond skill was not broken it was extreme counter to pure condition teams. It needed ~1500 damage to be disabled. If your whole team can't deal that amount of damage to one player they deserve to loose. It was problematic in a 1vs1 situation, but this game was never balanced around 1vs1 and there were/are other extremely strong 1vs1 builds.The only valid reason for the rework of deathly chill was that it didn't stack similar to the conditions prior HoT. So their was no reason to bring 2 reapers, so more a pve problem.

@Crystal Black.8190 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Portal can:

And it is supposed to do that. God forbid if the team communicates with each other. Portal is a skill that gets from utterly trash to must have depending if/how your team communicates.

so you need to communicate for portal? maybe 1 word every once in a while. much communication, wowusing it to defend a cap without being present even requires none at allpeople go through a lot of mental gymnastics to justify their OP skills

@Morwath.9817 said:First they came for the Diamond Skin, and I did not speak out—Because I was not an Elementalist.

~Martin Niemöller

Then they came for the Achievement Points, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a Top 250 player.

Another one to be added that is 100% applicable to the person at hand, I’m also shocked people don’t understand the reference nor how it very accurately reflects the OP.

Portal is fine, it’s use relies upon at least 2 people utilising it effectively if not more and it has a cool down to match its strength. I was hoping necro portal would be a little better but you can’t have everything.

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Diamond Skin
Elementalist

Then they came for the
Deathly Chill
Necromancer

Then they came for the
Ventari Healers
Revenant

ANet is not like ZOS, CCP, Square Enix, and others. ANet can't be bother to afford a PTS like the names I've mentioned. But F2P model games never really did. Enjoy the cash shop guys.

You want to play games that actually have mass testing environments. You are going to have to leave the F2P realm, and start coughing up money for that type of quality assurance.

Removed mesmer portal from the game. Increased blink range to 1500 to compensate for the mobility loss.

@Morwath.9817 said:

Ooo, you mean "Removed Mesmer portal from the game. Blink now has range increased to 1500 from 1200 and has now 3 charges, with charge recovery rate 45 seconds. We want Mesmer to remain mobile class." Quaggan wouldn't be surprised, thats why Quaggan is against.

Edit: Quagganized post.

lol, yes please! xD

• 2 weeks later...

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:

@ZhouX.8742 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Diamond Skin
Elementalist

Then they came for the
Deathly Chill
Necromancer

Then they came for the
Ventari Healers
Revenant

Stop blaming the people because Anet can't utilize a public testing server and shave numbers properly and know when something is broken or not broken from internal testing.

This is what a balance team is for, doing the above things, it's not the peoples' fault they can't do it right and in some cases do nothing at all (see scourge PoC)

No we are going to blame the whiners because they /are/ the reason like specs or classes like ele and rev are in the damn trashbins right now.

Waaaah, Diamond skin too stronk because we can't get our condi cheese out. Waaah. Anet-senpai nerf please so we can do op damage and make ourselves look ultra special good. We don't need no meanie support, when all we need is damage.

Give me a damn break. I've never seen a community attack the support builds more than the damage builds. That's one of the many reasons why this mode is trash right now.

Archived