An Idea to fix Condi

gmmg.9210

Nerf condition damage and buff condi duration. There, now we won't get spiked with condi's that obliterate in less than a second with no skill but have lots of sustain so that they're still viable builds. It was a mistake to give conditions the supernova strength they have now, and with this they can be treated as dots that can be countered and dealt with but with higher sustain.

I don't remember who said it first, but I've come to greatly favour reducing or increasing damage (condi and power) based on how many targets it hits and the relative spamability. So, damage will decrease the more targets/aoe and the lower the cd, and will increase for the inverse. Cast time would be another throttle.

The worst condi builds are the ones that can aoe spam, which in turn stack with others doing the same thing, making an unbearable situation. That in turn leads to people calling for massive nerfs to condi damage, duration, or mechanics to bring those builds in line, which has the unintended effect of killing the possibility of more skill-based (non-broken) condi builds.

Forget the fix let them have their condi, simple fix is drop the range to 600 didnt they change Gaurdian range to that ,let us be fair and help defenders from dying on walls with the insane rings on the walls ,even the lord isnt safe in OW but keep the condi nerf the range so simple. Even even ranger which I play should be 600. The range is the imbalance imo

@cobbah.3102 said:Forget the fix let them have their condi, simple fix is drop the range to 600 didnt they change Gaurdian range to that ,let us be fair and help defenders from dying on walls with the insane rings on the walls ,even the lord isnt safe in OW but keep the condi nerf the range so simple. Even even ranger which I play should be 600. The range is the imbalance imo

Who exactly killing you with condi bombs on wall or attacking lord from land ? I think you try attack scourge, but for sure u know that he have obstructed bug from 7nov patch, so he cant reach with shades on wall, or any osbstacle. (u can be bombed with weapon skills or core necro skills only) But most wall pressure done is by eles ... 2 staff eles with meteor can clear wall with no problem.

Also talking is mostly about group play where ppl die on condi firebrand + scourge combo.

In duels i have most problems with power builds (not play by dumb braindead bot) .. for example mirage, sb, holo, soulbeast all thief variants. (depends what i play)Times when all roamers was condi are gone...

@Choppy.4183 said:I don't remember who said it first, but I've come to greatly favour reducing or increasing damage (condi and power) based on how many targets it hits and the relative spamability. So, damage will decrease the more targets/aoe and the lower the cd, and will increase for the inverse. Cast time would be another throttle.

The worst condi builds are the ones that can aoe spam, which in turn stack with others doing the same thing, making an unbearable situation. That in turn leads to people calling for massive nerfs to condi damage, duration, or mechanics to bring those builds in line, which has the unintended effect of killing the possibility of more skill-based (non-broken) condi builds.

Good point, the aoe conditions seem to be the worst offenders. But condition power was an issue well before the Scourge-like mechanics. The devs said themselves that they want condi's to have good staying power that can match dps builds, but not as much spike as they currently have

@gmmg.9210 said:Nerf condition damage and buff condi duration. There, now we won't get spiked with condi's that obliterate in less than a second with no skill but have lots of sustain so that they're still viable builds. It was a mistake to give conditions the supernova strength they have now, and with this they can be treated as dots that can be countered and dealt with but with higher sustain.

humm i do not know my friend, this seems complicated. I think it is better to directly remove the specs who use condi damage, like they did with the Reaper, maybe next time they destroy the Burn Firebrand, or the Shadefire Scourge, who knows...

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:Condi was not so big of a problem before scourge and mirage. Nerf boon corruption from scourge and put an internal cd on the confusion trait on mirage.

You are joking right? Condi reaper was blamed for the end of the world, condi revenant and condi thief....

Condi scourge is on a total new level. Even a triple cantrip water running diamond skin is not capable to clear the condis. Pd thief and other builds you listed are way weaker than a scourge.

@xDudisx.5914 said:

@xDudisx.5914 said:Condi was not so big of a problem before scourge and mirage. Nerf boon corruption from scourge and put an internal cd on the confusion trait on mirage.

You are joking right? Condi reaper was blamed for the end of the world, condi revenant and condi thief....

Condi scourge is on a total new level. Even a triple cantrip water running diamond skin is not capable to clear the condis. Pd thief and other builds you listed are way weaker than a scourge.

But to say condi wasn't a problem until scourge is misleading.

@xDudisx.5914 said:

nahhh my friend, the problem was the condi reaper that was so broken they had to remove it from the game... rather the Scourge is very balanced class :)

@Burnfall.9573 said:did you miss Anet interview?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16291/mmorpg-interviews-anet-about-class-balance#latest

conditions are fin as it is.

so... can we now move on to accept it? or move on to their competitor's who believes its indeed a problem which goes against the concept of competitive gaming?

Yeah it has been said conditions are fine ! xD

@Burnfall.9573 said:did you miss Anet interview?https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/16291/mmorpg-interviews-anet-about-class-balance#latest

so... can we now move on to accept it? or move on to their competitor's who believes its indeed a problem which goes against the concept of competitive gaming?

Camelot unchained is years away so I don't see a decent alternative (yet).

@xDudisx.5914 said:

Especially when you are facing multiple scourges because lets face it, they are all running the same boring crutch autowin build. I can only clear so much for my guild group till it gets out of control how much these guys shit out condis.

make conditions work more like gw1, they are inclueded in hexes or in melee/damage skills, not being directly aplyed

meanwhile some conditions need to be hexes.

Offtopic:

@gmmg.9210 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:did you miss Anet interview?

Camelot unchained is years away so I don't see a decent alternative (yet).

actually i got 3 on my list

project TL (lineage)A:ir, steampunk themed figthing dragons and it looks like theres flyign vehicles player (actually guild) controlledAshes of creation, sandboxed, day/nigh with seasons making changes on map.

Archived