missing item or mistake

Today i loged in and noticed i had an empty shared inventory slot and after carefully searching my bank and checking every char i cant find an item out of place and i dono what im missing at first i thought i may have made a mistake and missplaced something and forgoten but after speaking to a friend he is saying he has the same issue his first shared inventory slot is now empty and he isnt sure whats missing .is anyone else missing an item from shared inventory slot or am i loseing it ?

@thefinnster.7105 said:guess its just me loseing it then but it is frustrateing the hell out of me coz i dont put consumeables in those slots so its imposible its something i used the last of and yet i cant find anything out of place

Try to check in your bank.Doubleclick put items into bank ( maybe you tried to use it with bank tab open ).

@thefinnster.7105 said:Today i loged in and noticed i had an empty shared inventory slot and after carefully searching my bank and checking every char i cant find an item out of place and i dono what im missing at first i thought i may have made a mistake and missplaced something and forgoten but after speaking to a friend he is saying he has the same issue his first shared inventory slot is now empty and he isnt sure whats missing .is anyone else missing an item from shared inventory slot or am i loseing it ?

Unless you kept random loot in your shared inventory slots, you should be able to look at what kind of thing you kept in them and figure out what is missing. If you kept random stuff in them, then good luck!

Urgh, I hate when that happens. I always keep both my bank and my inventory pretty well organised (and the disorganised stuff is always in certain places) so I know the worry on seeing an empty space where there shouldn't be one all too well.

(On the plus side this is how I realised I'd accidentally sold my Superior Sharpening Stones to a merchant the very next time I looked at my inventory - there was a gap between my food and boosters which meant it could only be a consumable that was missing, so I was able to use the buy back feature to get them back.)

As other people have said it's most likely you had an item in that slot which can be used up - a salvage kit, consumable, key, or something like that and you've used it.

Another possibility, depending on when you last logged in, is that it was the Memories of Vlast - around the start of Halloween Anet changed them from tradable to Account Bound and in the process a lot disappeared. We're still waiting for them to be restored, hopefully it will happen soon.

Other than that I think the only solution is for you to work out what's missing. It's unlikely Support can tell what used to be in that slot, so they can't restore it if it's something that shouldn't have vanished. But if you do work it out and it's something that should still be on your account do contact them because, as long as you can tell them what's missing, they can restore it.

Thefinnster, did you use a Level-80 boost? According to Shared Inventory Slot on the wiki:

"One slot comes bundled with Heart of Thorns and another with Path of Fire. These slots are initially filled with a Level-80 Boost. Consuming the boost will free up the slot."

@thefinnster.7105 said:Today i loged in and noticed i had an empty shared inventory slot and after carefully searching my bank and checking every char i cant find an item out of place and i dono what im missing at first i thought i may have made a mistake and missplaced something and forgoten but after speaking to a friend he is saying he has the same issue his first shared inventory slot is now empty and he isnt sure whats missing .is anyone else missing an item from shared inventory slot or am i loseing it ?

Did you use your last 80 bump? If so a slot would be empty.

A few months back the same thing happened to me, but the item in question was my home portal stone. I checked guild wars effeciency and it was nowhere to be seen, no characters, no bank, just gone.

Now, you can drag certain items out of your inventory and you'll be presented with the "are you sure you want to delete this" to which you'd select either yes or no, but I'm not sure if the home portal is one of those items, and I do not recall pushing the "yeah sure, delete my portal stone" option. But, around the time of this incident I was experiencing lag in every area of the game, and lag causes funny things to occur, like attempting to place wvw seige when you just want to rearrange it in your inventory, equiping rings/armor/weapons etc when you're trying to move them to the bank, and perhaps even inadverely deleting a portal stone. But I can't prove that's what actually happened in my case, for all I know the dryer ate it, or it was never really there to begin with.

Long story short, I had to purchase another. I hope your missing item wasn't as valuable :).

Thanks for the feedback and concern guys but i seem to have solved the issue seems i moved my embiggening tonic around with my stash of bandit keys from a diff bag i mosta been dozeing and messed up without realiseing it but noticed today when i went to loot my home instance i had no bandit keys :^P

i guess the lesson here is to not forget where what should be to that end i have taken Myrdreth.6829 very sound advice and took a screenshot to avoid this happening again

Archived