Possible to solo dungeons?

leasm.1279

Is it possible to solo dungeons? Maybe the lower level ones?

If yes, does it worth it in terms of getting good gear or gold?

My necro is fully geared in exotics, with ascended trinkets. I'm interested on the challenge of soloing to test my build, but some material rewards would also be welcone.

@Sephylon.4938 said:The only dungeon that I can think of that can't be soloed is crucible of eternity, and and citadel of flame for that 1 puzzle that needs 4 people to solve. Rest of them can be done solo with enough practice.

Aetherpath electric floor room.Hot Potato section of Arah (unless you use specific consumables or map exploit)

As I don't actively play dungeon content like most PvE players do, a while ago I wanted to do a SE path but no one joined so I got through it solo on my condi Chrono. The golem bosses were very annoying yet less-so, Tazza, which I found the fight quite drawn out. With HoT specs and the powercreep that flew with it things are arguably much easier when fighting core mobs/bosses.

@leasm.1279 said:Is it possible to solo dungeons? Maybe the lower level ones?

If yes, does it worth it in terms of getting good gear or gold?

My necro is fully geared in exotics, with ascended trinkets. I'm interested on the challenge of soloing to test my build, but some material rewards would also be welcone.

The majority of dungeon paths can be solo'd. The personal loot system takes away most of the monetary incentives to solo them, however. Not that the rewards ar ethat terrible even if you solo: Materials from salvaging, tokens to trade for more salvageable items or to craft trinkets with, liquid gold rewards, etc. You will simply take more time to clear a dungeon while you won't be getting more loot compared to running it with a full group.People used to sell dungeons to those looking for tokens and the experience. Doesn't seem to be a thing anymore nowadays.

All of that being said, if you are looking to challenge yourself while getting a good influx of rewards in the meantime then give solo dungeons a go. There are guides and videos you can follow or try to figure out things for yourself if that is what you prefer.

Yeah most dungeon paths seem soloable. The value of what you get vs the amount of time it takes is vastly inferior to running it with a group, but for me the only incentive to solo was for a challenge. Nothing teaches you the limits of your class (or your current ability with it) like soloing dungeon bosses.

I regularly run "new players welcome" LFG dungeon runs, and I get a lot of first-timers running the AC paths. I frequently solo the spider boss and Lt Kohler on my heals druid anyways, as many times rookie teammates break stack and (hilariously) run away from my healing seeds despite how I explain it heals/cleanses/buffs them. I'm sure every veteran has several stories about being the last one up and painstakingly solo finishing a boss fight where a mistake or team incompetence wiped everyone else really early. Just repeat that experience several times, and you have the equivalent of soloing a dungeon, more or less.

All dungeons can be solo'd. Note: certain classes are better at soloing than others (e.g. necromancer cannot solo any arah path, dh/thief/mesmer/engi/war can all solo p2/3 and maybe 4). However since dungeons are dead nowadays and soloing them takes 30+ minutes (without serious grinding) it is not worth it. Consider soloing fractals (and then selling them to guild peoples) instead.

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:I have seen pre-Heart of Thorns videos of people soloing Arah, which means before the power creep of broken elite specializations

There was quite a lively dungeon solo community in this game. I still remember people like Dub fondly, since it was a great pleasure and an exceptional learning experience to run Arah with them.

Personally, I tried soloing a bit, but never had the nerves to invest enough time to kill Lupi. Sooner or later, one stupid mistake always killed me.

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:I have seen pre-Heart of Thorns videos of people soloing Arah, which means before the power creep of broken elite specializations

Interestingly Lupi> @CptAurellian.9537 said:

There was quite a lively dungeon solo community in this game. I still remember people like Dub fondly, since it was a great pleasure and an exceptional learning experience to run Arah with them.

Personally, I tried soloing a bit, but never had the nerves to invest enough time to kill Lupi. Sooner or later, one stupid mistake always killed me.

Interestingly despite HoT power creep Lupi is much harder to solo now than he was back then since his auto attack now hits in melee range, and necrid trap has been fixed to actually hit its targets again. Unless you do the reflect on the wall cheese, in that case he is easier than ever.

Archived