Let's be honest guys.

Genesis.5169

When you guys say condition damage is OP you mean Necros.Please let me explain Necros are not OP but extremely strong not because of condition damage its because they have heavy area denial in a game which is centered around point control in wvw and spvp respectively, and massive boon corruption which is painful because in wvw everyone wants to spam boons.

Mirage Condition is about the same as mirage power, the only difference is mirage power will just outright kill you, condition you have a chance to cleanse.I don't see people complaining about the other 7 classes doing too much condition damage.Please focus your hatred in the right places, If necro boon corruption/area control remains the same nothing will change unless they make condition damage so abysmal that taking a full necro rotation leaves you at 70% of your hp.

Please again place your anger and rage at the right issues.Just as a mention in PvE the meta is split pretty evenly between power and conditions hurting conditions will hurt the spec in OW PvE greatly Anet please keep this in mind.

No.

When people say condition damage is OP they mean the nature of it being equally as bursty as power and having sticking power. This is a no-go and it's why its being adjusted. No one cares that conditions are good, they just don't need to be so good as to crowd out power damage in 9 out of 10 scenario's.

It's not even about Necro, its holistically bad for the game for them to be in said spot.

@"TexZero.7910" said:No.

When people say condition damage is OP they mean the nature of it being equally as bursty as power and having sticking power. This is a no-go and it's why its being adjusted. No one cares that conditions are good, they just don't need to be so good as to crowd out power damage in 9 out of 10 scenario's.

It's not even about Necro, its holistically bad for the game for them to be in said spot.

Is it in, "said spot," across the board? Do all condi weapons outperform all power weapons?

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"TexZero.7910" said:No.

Is it in, "said spot," across the board? Do all condi weapons outperform all power weapons?

It is in most cases yes. Hence the 9/10 scenarios.

@TexZero.7910 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:No.

It is in most cases yes. Hence the 9/10 scenarios.

I don't think that's accurate, but 9/10 always sounds good!

The problem isn't conditions themselves when coming from 1 person (except maybe 2-3 builds that can burst with 10k DPS within a second and run away), the problem lies within passives from a multitude of classes that easily stack several conditions. If you have 3-4 people passively stacking conditions such as burn, then it becomes out of control. There is simply not enough cleanses to keep up.

Alternately, if they revert the changes to Diamond skin for Elementalist, this would bring a lot condition builds back into check from a competitive perspective. A lot of people complained they couldn't run a full condition build because the elementalist would counter that. This little aspect was a huge influence in people when picking builds, some would avoid pure condition builds and throw in power aswell so they weren't fully hard countered, healthy gameplay I would say. Without the leash to keep those builds in check, it became a lot easier for everyone to run the condi builds because there are no hard counters anymore which means there are more people running condition builds which leads to them being over the top.

It's hard to explain, but I hope it makes sense.

@TexZero.7910 said:/No.

But its not as bursty as power.What do you mean by this 9/10 scenarios, are you saying that all the classes except 1 is playing condition?Most people have either underperforming or subpar condition specs except mesmer and necro and yet your saying 9/10?

Can you give me some examples.

@sephiroth.4217 said:The problem isn't conditions themselves when coming from 1 person (except maybe 2-3 builds that can burst with 10k DPS within a second and run away), the problem lies within passives from a multitude of classes that easily stack several conditions. If you have 3-4 people passively stacking conditions such as burn, then it becomes out of control. There is simply not enough cleanses to keep up.

How is that any different from being focused by 3-4 power builds?

@Genesis.5169 said:

But its not as bursty as power.What do you mean by this 9/10 scenarios, are you saying that all the classes except 1 is playing condition?Most people have either underperforming or subpar condition specs except mesmer and necro and yet your saying 9/10?

Is there a good condition Mirage build? I'm really unhappy with my Mirage as of late and I loathe Core Mesmer and Chrono.

@Genesis.5169 said:

But it is. Several classes can put on multiple stacks of burning (and not just burning) and deal as much damage as a warrior channeling hundred blades for its duration would. Just as an example.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"TexZero.7910" said:/No.

Is there a good condition Mirage build? I'm really unhappy with my Mirage as of late and I loathe Core Mesmer and Chrono.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAnfWnsnBdqhNoBOqBMMjlcjqMAStWzP9b/638CuFATrialblazer/deadshotSunless runes allows jaunt to fear and open people up to shatter.

I think necro is the biggest offender due to the sheer amount of conditions they can apply so classes have to spam 2 abilities just to get to the 25 stacks of bleeding torment and burning that are creating the burst. If more condition cleanses prioritized damaging conditions over cripple, vuln, weakness, and whatever else then it might not be as big of an issue. But as it is now you spam 2 abilities just to cleanse the damaging conditions plus everything else, and then the necro spams two buttons and you’re loaded up with another 10 stacks of torment. Scourge at least is kind of like a simplified chrono condi shatter build only you don’t have to be anywhere near the other person and even if they aren’t near your shades you apply the same effects around yourself anyway, same as condi shatter.

Mirage does high condition burst, but it really only gives off a few conditions making it easier to cleanse the damaging conditions more quickly.

Condi thief is similar to necro in that it does cripple, vuln, weakness, immobilize, confusion, torment, bleeds, and poison when traited. Perhaps we just need classes that aren’t capable of doing so many conditions at once and just be more specialized in a select few. Thief, necro, Mesmer, and guardian all have a pretty consistent ability to immediately land more conditions on you so if they’re limited to just a few select conditions it at least forced a bit of strategy in terms of surviving long enough for the opponent to waste all of their condi cleanse first and then reapplying. Right now it’s just spam condi. Cleanse. Spam condi spam condi spam condi.

And agreed about the point capture. It’s mind blowing how necro at least has always had an extreme advantage with staff abilities, shades, and general large area of impact condi fields in a game where most of the player versus player modes are about standing in a specific area that is certain death. And it definitely isn’t fun in world versus world where everything in a 1200 yard radius is a red circle and you don’t know which one is going to give you chill or cripple and which one is going to give you an instant 17 stacks of 3 different conditions. There’s no way to defrentiate from what I can tell.

New release always brings tears about this or power. HOWEVER I think the tears are a little justified but getting pounded by power is no fun either. Many times it is not about the condi or power as it is who strikes first. I can take a Necro and Mesmer down with my Power Thief quickly but I have to strike first. Chances are if the Mesmer gets me first it's almost always game over but Necro I can survive and bail if they get to me first and circle back to win some lose some. I have a Necro but I really don't use it much in combat anymore as my run and gun thief (though a little soft) is a better playstyle for me.

As zerk is the main Physical dps build, there should be a condition variant ( which could be something like Condition damage, Expertise and precision ).The real problem is that even a build with Trailblazer equipment which has the possibility to burst you down.

Since the PvE is vs AI and the worst case scenario is that everybody should swap from power to condi in order to be "more efficient", i don't see that as a problem.But about WvW and SPvP, conditions are really an issue ( and also the scourge concept, because SPvP means capture points ).

There could be different adjustments they can made.

• Splitting condition dmg into 3 stats ( but really. Or else a condition stat only build should deal the same damage as a full soldier build ), in order to let conditions deal more or less the same damage as a power build.
  • Limit the target for SPvP and WvW scenario, brining them down to 5/10 to 3.
  • Incrasing the condition duration so far, in order to give em sustain damage after 15 sec dps, but not early ( build up dmg during bossfights ), in order to prevent burst dmg in players.

Archived