Well.. im hoping this was unintended??

trueanimus.4085

ANET has made it clear with this patch that burst is supposed to come from power. Scourge is not an elite geared towards power damage. If you want burst, go play Reaper, or any other profession that has a kit geared towards power damage. Not every spec has to be viable with Condi, Support, AND Power - and not many are.

@Turk.5460 said:ANET has made it clear with this patch that burst is supposed to come from power. Scourge is not an elite geared towards power damage. If you want burst, go play Reaper, or any other profession that has a kit geared towards power damage. Not every spec has to be viable with Condi, Support, AND Power - and not many are.

And with the larger balance patch pushing reaper back to power out of condi (mostly) showed they were probably moving in this direction.

@trueanimus.4085 said:Scourge has NO burst damage now at ALL... F2 F3 and F4 have no burst damage at all on activation... and F5 says 17x 1600 or something.. but hits for 200? kitten... Seriously... so we have NO BURST at all now?? Even marks burst damage got removed and NONE of this was in the patch notes... Stealth nerf ?? Or Bug?

This is my sad face :)

@szshou.2193 said:17x 1600 means it hits 17 times for a total of 1600, why is that so hard to understand

yes.. but im not seeing ANY numbers over 400.. my marks used to activate for at least 1200 (which is pitiful but as condi to be expected) now they do nothing... no burst at all.. this was not in the patch notes so i want to know if this is a bug or intentional nerf

@trueanimus.4085 said:

@szshou.2193 said:17x 1600 means it hits 17 times for a total of 1600, why is that so hard to understand

yes.. but im not seeing ANY numbers over 400.. my marks used to activate for at least 1200 (which is pitiful but as condi to be expected) now they do nothing... no burst at all.. this was not in the patch notes so i want to know if this is a bug or intentional nerf

Are you actively trying to troll or do you truly not understand the patch notes and the changes they bring? What you are describing is exactly what should be happening per the notes provided and the tool tip info you pasted in.

@trueanimus.4085 said:

And if you spec' power your 'burst' on marks would be more.

I played a few PvP matches on my Scourge after the patch,and I don't see any difference in DPS.Our boon corrupt was not affected by the changes,and that was and still is the source of mostof our damage.And the revision of Barrier gave us even better sustain,or at least so it seems to me.The barrier component of Scourge skills seems to be more effective at mitigating damage.So if that is the case in PvP, I imagine in WvW with better attributes and food available,we are even stronger than before.

Was fighting scourge and you can still get burst if things land a few times and it ramps up, it's still pretty strong. Just play careful in the beginning and overwhelm the opponent once they're out of Condi cleanse etc. I like this scourge, the ramp up delay is there but it's not too long. The pressure is still strong. That's how Condi should be

@Sarge.9730 said:

Are you actively trying to troll or do you truly not understand the patch notes and the changes they bring? What you are describing is exactly what should be happening per the notes provided and the tool tip info you pasted in.

No.. they said nothing about nerfing the on activation damage.. just lowering the stacks.

@trueanimus.4085 said:

No.. they said nothing about nerfing the on activation damage.. just lowering the stacks.

This is still my sad face :)

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:If this is the case, then Anet should remove resistance then. There is no sense in having condition damage subject to complete immunity and no burst application. If damage has been lowered in such a way, then there is no need for resistance anymore.Easy to tell scourge bandwagoners,Necro corrupts boons on auto as well as in like 8 ither skills as well as strip boons on like 4 more other skills then traits too

Archived