Make PvP/WvW Legendary Armor Sets special

Dreddo.9865

Hello,

I know this has been discussed before but I still believe the solution presented isn't the proper one. Some people that don't like to do the "Raids content" and prefer the competitive one should be equally rewarded in terms of item quality. The "Legendary" sets rewarded in competitive mode seem like a lightly thought solution - well let's give the same ascended skins with some aura. But let's not forget that it still takes a considerable amount of time and gold to get them. So why not the player be rewarded for his great effort?

PS - I never liked the PvE legendary armor but that's me. The designers have made some really nice sets (especially the WvW ones) so it would be awesome to have something along that line - just something different from the precursors.

I'm pretty sure the fact that it exists in the first place is the special part. Originally the armor was supposed to only be availiable through raiding, so the fact that you can now get Legendary utility in WvW and PvP is something to be thankful for. The reason for being not a unique look has 2 reasons: so that it could be put out without people having to wait indefinitely for new skins (though sublime could of just been a legendary skin itself), and the main reason being that only raids were supposed to have Legendary armor.

Well how many people in percentage of the community do Raids and how many competitive? I believe people participating in the competitive mode are way more than the Raid people, so I don't believe giving the privilege of having an armor with selectable stats in such a small number of players was fair - I guess the same way the developers thought and gave that solution. On my necromancer I carry three armor sets and trinkets, on my guardian two and so on. So that was the practical side I believe in which the development team saw a handicap for the players not doing Raids - and I am sure there are also many PvE players that don't do Raids either.

@Shirlias.8104 said:Currently there's no skill in obtaining armors from pvp and wvw, so it's only legit that the ones with special skins are from pve.I mean, we should be grateful that they put one armor set for wvw and one for spvp, which was not needed.

How much skill is involved in learning "a series of patterned actions PvE bosses" and fine-tune for optimal DPS in contrast to PvP or WvW where you have to confront dozens of different class combinations, builds or skills controlled by players like you? I would agree that for the casual competitive player that just leeches PiPs in WvW, or farms chests in PvP, that argument may be valid. But for the dedicated competitive players who are the majority and happen to participate in both modes this doesn't stand true.

@Dreddo.9865 said:Well how many people in percentage of the community do Raids and how many competitive? I believe people participating in the competitive mode are way more than the Raid people, so I don't believe giving the privilege of having an armor with selectable stats in such a small number of players was fair - I guess the same way the developers thought and gave that solution. On my necromancer I carry three armor sets and trinkets, on my guardian two and so on. So that was the practical side I believe in which the development team saw a handicap for the players not doing Raids - and I am sure there are also many PvE players that don't do Raids either.

Um almost everyone on leaderboards have legendary armor and are competitive. And the pvp competitive scene is practically dead after esports pulled from the game. The people who raid outnumbers "competitive" players by several hundred folds. Raid had been out for 2 ish yrs...literally everyone already have the 3 sets of legendary armor the second it was attainable. And 98% of the raid community have statics groups for the ezpz 3hr clears every week. Like others said in this post, wvw and pvp armor takes no skills to make, you just grind a reward track.Source - Im on leaderboards with PvE legendary armor lmao

@Dreddo.9865 said:

@Shirlias.8104 said:Currently there's no skill in obtaining armors from pvp and wvw, so it's only legit that the ones with special skins are from pve.I mean, we should be grateful that they put one armor set for wvw and one for spvp, which was not needed.

How much skill is involved in learning "a series of patterned actions PvE bosses" and fine-tune for optimal DPS in contrast to PvP or WvW where you have to confront dozens of different class combinations, builds or skills controlled by players like you? I would agree that for the casual competitive player that just leeches PiPs in WvW, or farms chests in PvP, that argument may be valid. But for the dedicated competitive players who are the majority and happen to participate in both modes this doesn't stand true.

You have to coordinate 10 person and do some pve, right.On the other hand you have to

spvp: afk and lose match till you get your ticketswvw: kill dolyaks

I mean, there's a "little" difference between the 3 game's modality.

edit: we can agree that all 3 are not that hard, but you can understand that among them the harder is way far pve.

@Dreddo.9865 said:

Yeah but how do the Rmor filter out all the ppl that leech karma train or never reach legend top 50 in pvp or w/?

@Dreddo.9865 said:The "Legendary" sets rewarded in competitive mode >seem like a lightly thought solution

This is part of what I feel is the issue here. There Is no way to make equal art. Someone is going to feel like one or the other isn't on par for the effort it requires. In my opinion the wvw and pvp legendary armor is awesome looking (regrettable that you can't dye the tendril things)! I think that armor set is the only other set in the game that transforms like the pve legendary armor. The really cool part is that it doesn't even require the highest version of the ascended armor. You have the choice of less flashy with legendary convenience, legendary flare without stat swapping, or having both! That is an option exclusive to the competitive scene. Pretty cool imho

How many are these people that own "PvE legendary" sets and are in leaderboards as well? Could you please back your statement about raid people outnumbering "competitive"?

Let me put it in another way. How easy it is for the average joe to go after a legendary set:

• in the PvE scenario he has to either find a raids' guid, do a lot of weekly Pug training sessions so that he learns the content, get a good group and clear instances successfully as well, then start counting that LI stack.
  • In PvP he has to just enter the season and play. There is no such thing like "stay afk and win tickets" cause with losses you get about half the rewards so you just waste your time.
  • In WvW you need about 6k Skirmish Claim Tickets and this is a lot of WvW PRODUCTIVE playing time. Claiming that you can do this by "killing Dolyaks" makes me wonder for the level of knowledge some people have for the game mode.

Doing competitive modes doesn't come without effort or skill involved. The same way a 10 people raid squad coordinates to learn something like doing "ballet moves" (same patterned moves to avoid hits or find boss openings to dps), a PvP squad (solo Q) must coordinate and try to win against randomly occurring combinations of enemy movement and skills hitting as they come from human players. In WvW you have to be part of a well organized and experienced squad, you yourself should be well equipped and with a good build, etc. so that you farm PiP efficiently and you don't just waste your time.

It's not black and white as some people are trying to present it.

Zalavaaris I am not asking for equal art and personally I don't like at all the PvE legendary look or animations - but something of extra prestige in look (as is with all legendary class items) and not just the "precursor with a glow" would be more fair because "competitive people" don't do less or pay less to get it.

Dreddo: I understand where you're coming from but i believe the unique skin you are wanting is the mistforged skin. That is a unique look reserved for the players of that content similar to the raid armor. The raid armor is also just the precursor look with a bit more flare. It isn't like the raid armor are completely different sets. They all stem from the precursor sets. You're correct, pvp players do not play less and for that effort you are rewarded with a unique, pvp specific, armor set.

I'm currently doing 3 legendary set (2 from WvW, got 4/12 pieces, + 1 from PvP, got 2/6 pieces).

I'm not doing it for the shiny, but for the stats swap.

But, seeing the waste of TIME (WvW!!!) and MONEY (same price as the Raid Leg armor who's really shiny!), we deserve something to fit the cost. I'm not asking for the raid skin, I don't care, but the actual skin from WvW and Pvp is a joke.

It is simple : equal price = equal shiny

@Seiken.3176 said:I'm currently doing 3 legendary set (2 from WvW, got 4/12 pieces, + 1 from PvP, got 2/12 pieces).

But, seeing the waste of TIME (WvW!!!) and MONEY (same price as the Raid Leg armor who's really shiny!), we deserve something to fit the cost. I'm not asking for the raid skin, I don't care, but the actual skin from WvW and Pvp is a joke.

See that's all your opinion on the art. I don't think it is a joke. I think it's super cool! However, they should make it so the tendril things have their own dye channel.

Interesting topic and conversation. As a PvE player that does not do Raids and will not likely ever have time to do so, I have given up on ever getting legendary utility. While I am not happy about it I have made a choice based on the options. I'm not willing to invest a ton of time playing three different game modes I don't really enjoy. For me this means being limited on build swapping a bit since every change requires a different set of equipment but it doesn't make my play time any less enjoyable. Besides, PvE can be done with exotics easily.It does disappoint me a bit that some of the most interesting looking armor is locked behind such difficult content but hey, at least those players get to feel special for achieving it. I personally think exclusive titles are the best thing to lock behind elite content but the devs went a different road. Since it is their game they get to make that call.As far as the title of this thread is concerned, the OP can make it special by using transmute charges. Definitely not what they had in mind but it is the best option at the moment.

@Zalavaaris.5329 said:I think it's funny someone is going through and down voting my posts because I nicely and constructively shared a different opinion. I'm sorry you didn't like I had to say. If you're feelings were hurt take my sincerest internet apology. I'll take your sensitivities into account next time I share an opinion.

Seriously folks, remember that opposing opinions are not to be discouraged. These forums would be extremely uninteresting if we all agreed on everything! Zalavaaris gets my thumbs up at least.

@Super Hayes.6890 said:Interesting topic and conversation. As a PvE player that does not do Raids and will not likely ever have time to do so, I have given up on ever getting legendary utility.Well it is that you may need such a set in the future for various reasons - PvP would be your best option . I don't know if you have made any legendary item so far but check some out and you will understand the argument - Legendaries have always been special items in terms of look and functionality (swappable stats).

Zalavaaris I myself got some thumbs down in posts of this topic, since the functionality is there people are going to use it, so don't make this personal. ;)

@Seiken.3176 said:I'm currently doing 3 legendary set (2 from WvW, got 4/12 pieces, + 1 from PvP, got 2/6 pieces).

How exactly is WvW armor as expensive?Don't forget the price of gift of craftmanship. Raid food isnt just a few badges of honor.Yes you get gold in raid but you get a LOT of t6 mats in wvw. I get T7 mats every week in wvw even, and a weapon chest / rings when im lucky.

You also get stuff from reward tracks, and mystic clovers, unintenfied dyes from skirmish chests that are about 40s/currently

Since i started wvw i understand even less people complaining about lack of rewards in wvw. Especially since the pip update.

Wvw back and leg armor are legit the least expensive way to get legendaries.

I laughed way too hard at this. Raids take any skill? At least in WvW and PvP you are not fighting set ai movements. Good laugh though

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

I laughed way too hard at this. Raids take any skill? At least in WvW and PvP you are not fighting set ai movements. Good laugh though

In pvp you are fighting toxicity and stupid "wanna believe im good"In wvw you can farm camps or be like BG and roll over everything outnumbered and run away if the fight look it would be a fair battle.

Good laugh indeed :)

All 3 modes can be cheesed. But cheesing raids requires very nice friends or a lot of gold.

@Deihnyx.6318 said:

In pvp you are fighting toxicity and stupid "wanna believe im good"In wvw you can farm camps or be like BG and roll over everything outnumbered and run away if the fight look it would be a fair battle.

Good laugh indeed :)

All 3 modes can be cheesed. But cheesing raids requires very nice friends or a lot of gold.

The irony is, you can say that for all 3. I have seen far less toxic player in WvW than the other two. That's called perspective. Which makes all that not relevant to raids being harder than the other two modes.

Archived