Appearance of legendary armors PvP , WvW

onio.6403

They have what 2-3 devs for WvW and maybe 5 for sPvP, so it's obvious that ANet refuses to invest anything into these game modes, which are, according to them, played by about 40% of the playerbase. Of course the one-off lousy story with cliche characters and situations takes the crown...

At this point given the lack of updates related to competitive game modes it's just safe to assume ANet is just here to cash in, so hoping for something even as small as a unique armor skin is even too much.

It's not going to happen because there are so many other things we want from the skin-design team that are going to be less costly, be better received, and be available to more players.

@Astralporing.1957 said:No, apparently only Raids deserve to have the only one legendary armor skin in the game.

The logic is a bit more nuanced:

• As exclusive content, Raids are meant to have some special rewards unobtainable elsewhere.
  • Originally, that included any sort of legendary armor; it's been changed to just include the specific skin.
  • Near as we can tell, the effort to produce such armor is prohibitive, to the point that they would be unlikely to do this more than once.
  • Even if they were inclined, the reception for the skin is mixed: there are a lot of people who are extremely dissatisfied (whether we agree with their reasons or not).

As a result, the cost of adding another legendary armor skin set is far too great compared to the benefits.

In other words, it's moot whether raids 'deserve' the only legendary armor skins in the game.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:It's not going to happen because there are so many other things we want from the skin-design team that are going to be less costly, be better received, and be available to more players.

This argument makes no sense. If they can make a skin that only 3- 7% of the player base will ever hope own, they can make a skin for WvW, which has much higher numbers.

A legendary armor skin that matches well with Warbringer would be very well received, I would go so far as to claim that it would be the best received skin-set in the game.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It's not going to happen because there are so many other things we want from the skin-design team that are going to be less costly, be better received, and be available to more players.

@Astralporing.1957 said:No, apparently only Raids deserve to have the only one legendary armor skin in the game.

The logic is a bit more nuanced:
  • As exclusive content, Raids are meant to have some special rewards unobtainable elsewhere.
  • Originally, that included any sort of legendary armor; it's been changed to just include the specific skin.
  • Near as we can tell, the effort to produce such armor is prohibitive, to the point that they would be unlikely to do this more than once.
  • Even if they were inclined, the reception for the skin is mixed: there are a lot of people who are extremely dissatisfied (whether we agree with their reasons or not).

As a result, the cost of adding another legendary armor skin set is far too great compared to the benefits.

In other words, it's moot whether raids 'deserve' the only legendary armor skins in the game.

Every WvW player i've seen seems to like the backpack. I'm sure there will be a few contrarians but if they made the legendary armor theme match the backpack I'm sure most wouldn't complain about it. That being said it won't happen not because of the reasons you mentioned but because ANet truly doesn't care about competitive modes and only puts the bare minimum dev time on them.

Personally, I'm cool with having access to Legendary armor where I can change the stats on the fly as I see fit w/o any cost in WvW. This is the primary reason I'm working on getting all 3 sets of Legendary armor (Heavy, Medium and Light) so I can test new builds quickly and for free.:+1:

Now don't get me wrong... I would also be ok with a cool transformer skin too ;) , but it's not necessary.

I'd prefer Anet invest whatever WvW resources they have in doing things like:

• Making a SERIOUS effort to completely balance WvW separately from other game modes. (Not just one or two skills here or there.)
  • Continuing to work on/try out things to help with server population disparity. (We've tried Linking for a while now; what else can be done?)
  • Working on new maps and continuing to implement community ideas/changing things based on WvW community feedback . (i.e. 1up/1down)
  • Doing things to attract new blood into the game mode. (Reward tracks, WvW Legendary back, Pips and things u can buy with tickets, etc)
  • etc, etc, etc.

Just my two copper worth.Cheers!

I read somewhere in the PvP sub forum that PvP and WvW only got green lit with Legendary armor but only if it didn’t have the same skin as the Envoy stuff (For the Achievement). Pretty sure there’s other reason, but because the PvE one has to be truly Legendary is the only reason I’ve actually seen.

@Krypto.2069 said:Personally, I'm cool with having access to Legendary armor where I can change the stats on the fly as I see fit w/o any cost in WvW. This is the primary reason I'm working on getting all 3 sets of Legendary armor (Heavy, Medium and Light) so I can test new builds quickly and for free.:+1:

Now don't get me wrong... I would also be ok with a cool transformer skin too ;) , but it's not necessary.

• Making a SERIOUS effort to completely balance WvW separately from other game modes. (Not just one or two skills here or there.)
  • Continuing to work on/try out things to help with server population disparity. (We've tried Linking for a while now; what else can be done?)
  • Working on new maps and continuing to implement community ideas/changing things based on WvW community feedback . (i.e. 1up/1down)
  • Doing things to attract new blood into the game mode. (Reward tracks, WvW Legendary back, Pips and things u can buy with tickets, etc)
  • etc, etc, etc.

Good idea. but the art team is not going to do any of that.. so ..I have no issues with them making us pretty armor.

@"Klipso.8653" said:Would be nice if they didn't make the legendary armor match the ascended version.

If they spiced up the Ascended version, with spears spikes, and flames,. that would be "legendary" in my mind.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:I read somewhere in the PvP sub forum that PvP and WvW only got green lit with Legendary armor but only if it didn’t have the same skin as the Envoy stuff (For the Achievement). Pretty sure there’s other reason, but because the PvE one has to be truly Legendary is the only reason I’ve actually seen.

I would not want the WvW armor to look anything at all like the PvE armor.

@"Palador.2170" said:People really want them to design another "legendary" trenchcoat?

Well the sPvP armor could be a thong, slippers and a tank top.. to show that we don't need no stinking armor..

@STIHL.2489 said:

@Krypto.2069 said:Personally, I'm cool with having access to Legendary armor where I can change the stats on the fly as I see fit w/o any cost in WvW. This is the primary reason I'm working on getting all 3 sets of Legendary armor (Heavy, Medium and Light) so I can test new builds quickly and for free.:+1:

• Making a
    SERIOUS
    effort to completely balance WvW separately from other game modes. (Not just one or two skills here or there.)
  • etc, etc, etc.

Good idea. but the art team is not going to do any of that.. so ..I have no issues with them making us pretty armor.

Sure they would.... they'd work on the aesthetics of new maps (3rd bullet point) and anything else purchasable with tickets (4th bullet point) that would be put into game that took on physical form - like those new pvp/wvw weapons that got recently introduced that apparently the janitor designed! :lol:

Have 3/6 pieces of light legendary gear right now.

I'm completely cool with the fact that WvW and PvP have their own Ascended gear already. Am also completely cool with the fact that they don't have a different appearance. I also think it's cool that you can turn the rep or tourny into legendary as well as the regular.

I don't need a new set, I think the "legendary" version is having the ranked one.

Also, keep in mind that we've only had "legendary" gear for something like 6 months now from WvW/PvP?

Also, "The Legendary Armorer achievement is only advanced by crafting Perfected Envoy armor from raids, not by upgrading PvP or WvW ascended armor to legendary. This was confirmed to be intended by Anet on the old forums (https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/WvW-and-PvP-Ascended-Armor-Upgrades/6670891)."

@Krypto.2069 said:

• Making a
    SERIOUS
    effort to completely balance WvW separately from other game modes. (Not just one or two skills here or there.)
  • etc, etc, etc.

Sure they would.... they'd work on the aesthetics of new maps (3rd bullet point) and anything else purchasable with tickets (4th bullet point) that would be put into game that took on physical form - like those new pvp/wvw weapons that got recently introduced that apparently the janitor designed! :lol:

I am sure with comments like that... next they will give WvW graphics to the lunch lady.

I did like the new WvW weapons, the reminded me of the look of Chess Piece Weapons.

As you mentioned in the article there is an important part of the community that is dissatisfied with the general rewards of the pvp and wvw. I think the same, and in relation to the theme of the legendary skinn is a bit pathetic that there are costumes that cost 700 gems and are more showy than the legendary armors of wvw and pvp.

I urge someone responsible to shut us up in the community if these things are going to continue like this or plan to change them, thanks.

I could use a legendary armor to go with my cat or bunny ears...That aside, it -might- be the case that they wanted to give WvW and PvP legendary armor for people to work towards.But because of the long time it takes to design the legendary armor, judging by the raid one, they released it plain at first but might update it with skins or a recipe to skin them later on instead of making people wait another year. A lot of people want it just for the functionality, as do I.... Unless it matches my cat or bunny ears.But we might never know.I'll have hope.

Archived