Royal Terrace Pass

-putting this here because I wasn't sure where else to put it it..

I am a little disappointing in the Royal Terrace Pass. I purchased it because I had googled the other VIP areas and seemed to like this one the best, are style.. things being close etc .. I even waited for it to be available on the TP - at the time it was the Mistlock Sanctuary.I had utilized a 2 week pass for Mistlock that came out of a loot box, can't remember how or why I got it (I had a TON of stuff to go through when I came back after a few years off). Needless to say Mistlock Sanctuary has basically all the same to offer with one MAJOR exception.. the "Return to Previous Map" option. It never crossed my mind that the other areas wouldn't offer this same convenience. Why is this available for Mistlock but not in Royal Terrace? Is it available in the other VIP areas?I can see that they all have varying themes so to speak.. but the "return to previous map" should be a given IMO.

I find myself forgetting to use it ... unlike the two weeks I had the Mistlock pass, because it isn't as simple to get back to where I was before I had to TP - Bank whatever.. I'd rather just find the closest place to unload. I get it .. you already got my money, jokes on me hahahaha .. But why make these things if they are not all equally functional/convenient?

They did something special with the tech for "return to previous map" and said (more than once) that they have no plans to add that feature to existing or future VIP passes. I didn't like spending another 1000 gems to get the pass, but it's been a major quality-of-life improvement and well worth the cost and inconvenience of mothballing the RT Pass.

@kolompi.1287 said:That's all dandy, except... The Noble's Folly is a separate instance and still does not have the option to return. It's not about what is technically possible, but what Anet is ready to do or not.

I thought Noble's Folly was located in VB and not a separate instance? Same way as all other VIP areas except Mistlock are located in an open world map. I even recall an Anet posting about it back when Mistlock got the option to return. I Think it may have been on the old forum.

@"MastemaRose.6703" said:I can see that they all have varying themes so to speak.. but the "return to previous map" should be a given IMO.

I have the Mistlock pass, and I would love to just open the map and double-click on any waypoint in the world and get ported to it. That's what you can do with your Royal Terrace pass. When I want to get to any map besides cities, I need to port twice. When I want to get to Auric Basin, I first port to Rata Novus and then to AB. When I want to go to Wayfarer Foothills, I port to Holebark first. The Mistlock Observatory is pretty good, I like it more than the Terrace, but the "port back to your last spot" is not the reason. You can always just port to any WvW map and use the banker and traders there, and port back to your last spot. The "you have to port twice to get to most maps" is an annoyance.

@Faaris.8013 said:

I have the Mistlock pass, and I would love to just open the map and double-click on any waypoint in the world and get ported to it. That's what you can do with your Royal Terrace pass. When I want to get to any map besides cities, I need to port twice. When I want to get to Auric Basin, I first port to Rata Novus and then to AB.

No you don’t.Change the map layer level and voila.

As other people have said it's only the Mistlock Sanctuary that lets you return to your previous map, and only because it's on a separate map to the rest of the game. Even the Lily of the Elon pass, which was created after Mistlock, doesn't allow you to do that, for the same reason the earlier passes don't: it's in an open-world map.

It doesn't bother me, but then I normally only use the pass when I'm finished in the area I'm in and heading somewhere else. But if you need to access a bank or TP or whatever and get back to the map you're on quickly you can always use the Heart of the Mists.

I honestly use the Mistlock and Lily passes more than I use the Terrace pass, since I really don't hang out in DR anymore. The only time I used the Terrace pass recently was for Wintersday, then I put it back in the bank when I was done. Once I got a 2 week pass for Mistlock when it was first made available and used it once, I immediately got the permanent pass.

@"kolompi.1287" said:That's all dandy, except... The Noble's Folly is a separate instance and still does not have the option to return. It's not about what is technically possible, but what Anet is ready to do or not.

It appears Noble’s Folly is part of Verdant Brinks like the Royal Terrace is part of Divinities Reach.

Noble’s FollyWith a pass, Noble's Folly can be visited by double-clicking the pass, or by gliding down from the canopy level onto the entrance ledge which juts out over the Y-shaped junction on the ground beneath.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

I have the Mistlock pass, and I would love to just open the map and double-click on any waypoint in the world and get ported to it. That's what you can do with your Royal Terrace pass. When I want to get to any map besides cities, I need to port twice. When I want to get to Auric Basin, I first port to Rata Novus and then to AB.

No you don’t.Change the map layer level and voila.

Well, shoot me! Why didn't you tell me earlier!!

Archived