SWORD WEAVER 2018 | New Build + Gameplay | Ready for PvP League !

Lasiurus.4067

@Aedaryl.3195 said:

@witcher.3197 said:By new you mean bad before avatar was even introduced and just absolutely terrible now?

Can you explain please ?

Mender sword weaver was one of the first weaver builds found in PoF beta, but didn't catch on because it had no damage. Then a new amulet was added with more damage but lower healing called Avatar and it's okay-ish now, but still nothing too great.

With mender it's just a bad bunker with no damage. I know vuln stacking can make the damage more okay-ish but not by much and it's yet another utility slot lost for a marginal dps increase for a couple of seconds.

I strongly disagree about the damage. You benefits both from Power & Condition Damage, & with the 25 Might Stacking you can reach decent DPS, I'm always between 20% & 30% DPS of the team, which is definitely not "a bad bunker with no damage".

But I agree that you lack of burst damage, and that you cannot kill a good druid/firebrand 1v1. But anyway who can, they are tank.I have no problem to DPS/kill a scourge or a thief in the opposite.

This is a strong & weakness of the build. Versatile, both decent DPS & great sustain/survive. But yes, DPS is okay-ish & not insane.

@"Lasiurus.4067" said:I strongly disagree about the damage. You benefits both from Power & Condition Damage, & with the 25 Might Stacking you can reach decent DPS, I'm always between 20% & 30% DPS of the team, which is definitely not "a bad bunker with no damage".

But I agree that you lack of burst damage, and that you cannot kill a good druid/firebrand 1v1. But anyway who can, they are tank.I have no problem to DPS/kill a scourge or a thief in the opposite.

This is a strong & weakness of the build. Versatile, both decent DPS & great sustain/survive. But yes, DPS is okay-ish & not insane.

Problem is there's no way you could defeat a holo, scrapper, or spellbreaker in a 1v1, at best you'll just survive and scourge will still bite you in the ass in TF.

Let's hope for weaver buffs tomorrow, or nerfs to other stuff.

@"Lasiurus.4067" said:

Hi everyone,I improved my Sword Weaver Build for a more DPS version, using Leadership Rune with crazy Boon Duration & 25 Might Stack.Menders Amulet / Sigil Energy + Courage / Water 313 Arcana 321 Weaver 332.Here is the full Build + some gameplay, Enjoy !

So basically another build for a profession that can't survive without healing power and water traitline...no thanks I'll pass.

To be fair, although the damage is not even remotely bursts and I couldnt kill a condi Mesmer earlier to save my life because it was a constant stalemate, the build is pretty fun and has a lot of sustain. I’m not particularly good at it but I was able to hold my own quite a bit and still put out reasonable damage.

Still waiting on the balance patch that miraculously balances the profession’s sustain around something other than water traitline.

Along with sword power damage being boosted a bit it would be nice if they worked in condi removal to barrier somehow, at least for weaver.

@Guizao.4167 said:

@"Lasiurus.4067" said:

Hi everyone,I improved my Sword Weaver Build for a more DPS version, using Leadership Rune with crazy Boon Duration & 25 Might Stack.Menders Amulet / Sigil Energy + Courage / Water 313 Arcana 321 Weaver 332.Here is the full Build + some gameplay, Enjoy !

So basically another build for a profession that can't survive without healing power and water traitline...no thanks I'll pass.

This is very sad but except FA scepter Focus Weaver, we are way too dependant on Water Line. It's our only way to cure condition. Anet should REALLY put some other way to clean on other trait, to make more versatility in build.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:To be fair, although the damage is not even remotely bursts and I couldnt kill a condi Mesmer earlier to save my life because it was a constant stalemate, the build is pretty fun and has a lot of sustain. I’m not particularly good at it but I was able to hold my own quite a bit and still put out reasonable damage.

Still waiting on the balance patch that miraculously balances the profession’s sustain around something other than water traitline.

Along with sword power damage being boosted a bit it would be nice if they worked in condi removal to barrier somehow, at least for weaver.

You can kill a condi mes... Eventually. The true stalemate is Ele vs Ele. I run a bit of a different weaver build and I don't have too much trouble with 1 v 2's sometimes can take a 1 v 3 if they're not scourge or holos.

@Guizao.4167 said:

@"Lasiurus.4067" said:

Oh nice! What a great way to thank someone who put some effort on build crafting and is sharing it with you :)

@Malafaia.8903 said:

@"Lasiurus.4067" said:

Oh nice! What a great way to thank someone who put some effort on build crafting and is sharing it with you :)

I came across this kind of build during the beta, I'm not surprised ;) and for me, there's nothing new with that build.

Archived