Just say sorry

ANET, it is time to say sorry. "Sorry PVP community we did not good in the past, especially since POF, but we will do better in the future together with all of you. Make PVP great again. Thank you that you are still with us." 

WE ALL love PVP and GW2. Don't let us think that we are stupid in terms of balance, cheating, manipulation, ... 

Talk to us.

Lol your expecting Anet to say sorry for something? I don't mean to be an ass but you aren't going to get an apology from Anet regarding this issue if anything Anet will find some reason to close this thread like so many others of recent that have mentioned their mistakes.

Closing threads seems to be the new Anet tactic when people make it clear they aren't happy with the way things are going especially on a forum thread anets reply comes in the form of action closed thread swept under the rug as if it never happened ... Ironically more threads regarding the issue get made and the issues get brought up again which will likely result in more closed threads rinse repeat tis a vicious cycle

@Luciferior.4802 said:Lol your expecting Anet to say sorry for something? I don't mean to be an kitten but you aren't going to get an apology from Anet regarding this issue if anything Anet will find some reason to close this thread like so many others of recent that have mentioned their mistakes.

I'm as butthurt about the PoF imbalance as the next guy, but there is 20+ pages in the pvp forum of pure seething hate, barely any locked.

@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:The pvp team is communicating with us - the balance sadly isn't. The PvP team said that they are not dealing with thw cheaters I think... So they do everything right actually imo

I named Anet not the PVP team.@Raiden The Beast.3016 said:

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:The pvp team is communicating with us - the balance sadly isn't. The PvP team said that they are not dealing with thw cheaters I think... So they do everything right actually imo

I named Anet not the PVP team.

Y i know and i tell u that some parts of anet actually do their job pretty well so they shouldnt excuse for that, its only the balance and class design that is doing bad stuff

vorpal.1497 "I'm as kitten about the PoF imbalance as the next guy, but there is 20+ pages in the pvp forum of pure seething hate, barely any locked." Some aren't you are correct but ones usually laced with claims that anet is doing a bad job with match manipulations/wintraders or just general afkers seem to be getting closed a lot lately

Over the past week and a half 3-4 separate ones have been closed and it was usually right after someone pointed out Anet is slipping up on how they deal with wintraders vs forum name shaming

I used to get angry whenever i saw scourges in matches, and generally rant about a-net balance. but then I came to realize that A-net simply is incompetent, which is a harsh word. but it's the truth. they are unable to balance this game in a acceptable amount of time. it took like 2 years to balance Heart of thorns to a level, and it took even longer till core classes finally were brought to a level at which they could compete with elite specs not too before PoF came out. it's actually incredibly long for things to kinda ''balance itself out'' and even then HoT still simplified the pre-june balance patch of core GW2 to absurd levels, so skill requirement wise it's still kinda meh. but balance wise it was nice, we had 9 meta classes. albeit warrior and dh were not the most popular picks in tourmanet play, they were however used.

I fear we gotta wait a similar time period till path of fire is finnally balanced. the thing is A-net is actually trying to listen, they are trying to communicate even if they ''taboo'ed'' the very damned thing that is the big issue in competetive gaming. but they did reach out, and there is a bit more communincation, they even tried'' tackling cheaters and match manipulation but failed epicly, banning the wrong players'' it once again shows that there is intent for improvment but simply lacking the skill and resources to do so.

this post is not,excusing a-net's action, To me I don't give a flying fuck about what employees of a game company feel while they are at work. however this has made me a lot calmer. Knowning that it's just gross incompetence. allows me to pity them, makes me feel much more relieved now when I play pvp.

I'm going to get reamed for this, but I'm still going to say it. The balance team has to balance nine classes and their elite specs across three game modes. Their silence can be taken to mean that they are working on something. We all know that "quick fixes" won't fix anything, so why are players expecting a quick fix to even a single issue? People aren't just bringing up a single issue about balance, but multiple. If you are expecting them to fix everything that is suggested within a single balance patch, prepare to be disappointed. Balancing any game, especially one that is as extensive as this one, isn't simple. Also, PVP isn't the only game mode that needs changes. Please think about that for a minute. Actually, longer than a minute.

ANet is run by human beings. Please think about them as though they matter because without them we wouldn't even be able to play Guild Wars 2 and freaking enjoy all of its content.

It's almost as if balance would be better if the different teams were able to do their own balancing and skills were split pvp/pve at the very least. Like maybe the people who spend all their time working around a game mode might know more about what needs to happen with the balance, and like it might be impossible to balance for 50 vs boss and 50 vs 50 zerg and 5v5 conquest and raids and open pve farms simultaneously.

Honestly though, the chance of anything changing in the organization or responsibility framework at Anet is pretty much zero. The devs have been hired with particular skill sets to work in particular groups, and it's not at all clear that they all necessarily even have the required skills to exchange responsibilities. We don't have a transparent window on the reality of how Anet works internally, just limited knowledge gleaned from various posts and discussions Anet have shown us.

So, it is what it is. The structure of the bureaucracy at Anet means the devs that we are interacting with here don't even get to decide when/how frequently balance patches happen, let alone actually control the balancing. This is what we have to work with in GW2, and there is no evidence it's going to change.

@"malisivo.5264" said:I'm going to get reamed for this, but I'm still going to say it. The balance team has to balance nine classes and their elite specs across three game modes. Their silence can be taken to mean that they are working on something. We all know that "quick fixes" won't fix anything, so why are players expecting a quick fix to even a single issue? People aren't just bringing up a single issue about balance, but multiple. If you are expecting them to fix everything that is suggested within a single balance patch, prepare to be disappointed. Balancing any game, especially one that is as extensive as this one, isn't simple. Also, PVP isn't the only game mode that needs changes. Please think about that for a minute. Actually, longer than a minute.

ANet is run by human beings. Please think about them as though they matter because without them we wouldn't even be able to play Guild Wars 2 and freaking enjoy all of its content.

Think about_ what _for a minute? Longer than a minute? Anet has had over 4 months to do their job. In fact, people who were still waiting faithfully for a patch this new season end up hearing that Anet needs even more time into mid-season. Luhmao--that's not only lazy but also the most backward approach to testing changes. After a while, people get fed up.

Why on Earth are you even defending Anet for their lack of productivity? It's not in anyone's interest, so stop parading around your misguided sense of justice for them.

@"malisivo.5264" said:I'm going to get reamed for this, but I'm still going to say it. The balance team has to balance nine classes and their elite specs across three game modes. Their silence can be taken to mean that they are working on something. We all know that "quick fixes" won't fix anything, so why are players expecting a quick fix to even a single issue? People aren't just bringing up a single issue about balance, but multiple. If you are expecting them to fix everything that is suggested within a single balance patch, prepare to be disappointed. Balancing any game, especially one that is as extensive as this one, isn't simple. Also, PVP isn't the only game mode that needs changes. Please think about that for a minute. Actually, longer than a minute.

The game is literally unplayable... I have played this franchise since '05 and have dumped hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in support of these people and frankly I don't give a shit about their feelings right now.

@SaltyDogs.9073 said:

Think about_ what _for a minute? Longer than a minute? Anet has had over 4 months to do their job. In fact, people who were still waiting faithfully for a patch this new season end up hearing that Anet needs even more time into mid-season. Luhmao--that's not only lazy but also the most backward approach to testing changes. After a while, people get fed up.

Why on Earth are you even defending Anet for their lack of productivity? It's not in anyone's interest, so stop parading around your misguided sense of justice for them.

Think about the fact that PVP isn't the only game mode that needs balance changes. Would you rather have changes that are partially done simply because you are "waiting too long"? Or would you rather have changes that are well-thought out and actually addresses the millions of complaints that the PVP community has?

@Kilo.2539 said:

The game is literally unplayable... I have played this franchise since '05 and have dumped hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in support of these people and frankly I don't give a kitten about their feelings right now.

Then, there must be some reason why you are playing now. If there isn't, why are you still here? I mean, they could always leave the company and the game, which would be a waste of money on your part, but they haven't. You can hate them all you want, but the fact remains that without them the game would cease to exist.

@malisivo.5264 said:

@malisivo.5264 said:I'm going to get reamed for this, but I'm still going to say it. The balance team has to balance nine classes and their elite specs across three game modes. Their silence can be taken to mean that they are working on something. We all know that "quick fixes" won't fix anything, so why are players expecting a quick fix to even a single issue? People aren't just bringing up a single issue about balance, but multiple. If you are expecting them to fix everything that is suggested within a single balance patch, prepare to be disappointed. Balancing any game, especially one that is as extensive as this one, isn't simple. Also, PVP isn't the only game mode that needs changes. Please think about that for a minute. Actually, longer than a minute.

Think about the fact that PVP isn't the only game mode that needs balance changes. Would you rather have changes that are partially done simply because you are "waiting too long"? Or would you rather have changes that are well-thought out and actually addresses the millions of complaints that the PVP community has?

That's just the thing you don't understand. There have been hardly any changes, and the ones that were implemented were so fictitious that the only thing you can do is just sit back and laugh.

PvP isn't the only game mode? Okay, you're right. Where's the balance for PvE? What about for WvW? They have a team dedicated to balance so what the hell are they even doing all this time if they aren't even balancing for their favorite game mode?

Do you even play this game? Did you even see the last patch that was done? A lot of the changes were not well thought out and some didn't even make sense. Buffing classes that didn't need it (e.g., Firebrand) and nerfing ones that weren't the problem, for example.

I don't think there's any way I can communicate any more simply the fallacies in your misplaced sympathy for this lazy company. Either you're grossly uninformed about the glaring weaknesses in their work or you waited so long for a patch that you deluded yourself into forgiving and overlooking the painfully obvious problems here.

@SaltyDogs.9073 said:

@malisivo.5264 said:I'm going to get reamed for this, but I'm still going to say it. The balance team has to balance nine classes and their elite specs across three game modes. Their silence can be taken to mean that they are working on something. We all know that "quick fixes" won't fix anything, so why are players expecting a quick fix to even a single issue? People aren't just bringing up a single issue about balance, but multiple. If you are expecting them to fix everything that is suggested within a single balance patch, prepare to be disappointed. Balancing any game, especially one that is as extensive as this one, isn't simple. Also, PVP isn't the only game mode that needs changes. Please think about that for a minute. Actually, longer than a minute.

That's just the thing you
don't
understand. There have been hardly any changes, and the ones that were implemented were so fictitious that the only thing you can do is just sit back and laugh.

PvP isn't the only game mode? Okay, you're right. Where's the balance for PvE? What about for WvW? They have a team dedicated to balance so what the hell are they even doing all this time if they aren't even balancing for their favorite game mode?

Do you even play this game? Did you even see the last patch that was done? A lot of the changes were not well thought out and some didn't even make sense. Buffing classes that didn't need it (e.g., Firebrand) and nerfing ones that weren't the problem, for example.

I don't think there's any way I can communicate any more simply the fallacies in your misplaced sympathy for this lazy company. Either you're grossly uninformed about the glaring weaknesses in their work or you waited so long for a patch that you deluded yourself into forgiving and overlooking the painfully obvious problems here.

Hm, and the exact thing you don't understand is that changes aren't immediate. I AM thinking about the different game modes, but you are probably thinking about a "one-size-fits-all" solution, because otherwise you would be patient and wait. Hey, I'm frustrated, too, but I'm not demanding an apology or a balance patch from them. I saw the last patch and no, I wasn't happy. I am fully aware that changes are needed, but that doesn't mean we should ask ANet to fix every single issue in game or ask them to apologize for that matter.

Your sense of justice is skewed if you think projecting your frustrations on the company and expecting immediate results will solve anything.

But, you know what, SaltyDogs? You do you. You can keep getting upset at the company for their glaring weaknesses and badger them for not performing up to par with your standards. You can also keep using the forums to remind ANet of how "incompetent" and "inadequate" they are at their jobs because that will definitely motivate them to work faster and more efficiently so that they can release the best, most absolute, perfect balance patches from now on. Ah, and you can continue sitting back and laughing at the latest updates because that will definitely change how you enjoy this game.

@malisivo.5264 said:

That's just the thing you
don't
understand. There have been hardly any changes, and the ones that were implemented were so fictitious that the only thing you can do is just sit back and laugh.

Hm, and the exact thing you don't understand is that changes aren't immediate. I AM thinking about the different game modes, but you are probably thinking about a "one-size-fits-all" solution, because otherwise you would be patient and wait. Hey, I'm frustrated, too, but I'm not demanding an apology or a balance patch from them. I saw the last patch and no, I wasn't happy. I am fully aware that changes are needed, but that doesn't mean we should ask ANet to fix every single issue in game or ask them to apologize for that matter.

Your sense of justice is skewed if you think projecting your frustrations on the company and expecting immediate results will solve anything.

But, you know what, SaltyDogs? You do you. You can keep getting upset at the company for their glaring weaknesses and badger them for not performing up to par with your standards. You can also keep using the forums to remind ANet of how "incompetent" and "inadequate" they are at their jobs because that will definitely motivate them to work faster and more efficiently so that they can release the best, most absolute, perfect balance patches from now on. Ah, and you can continue sitting back and laughing at the latest updates because that will definitely change how you enjoy this game.

As I always tell people, they only make themselves suffer more.

@"PaRaPhReNiA.8763" said:The pvp team is communicating with us - the balance sadly isn't. The PvP team said that they are not dealing with thw cheaters I think... So they do everything right actually imo

The PvP team only deals with the game mode itself, see if there a new game mode that is more towards the game gameplay, tune up ranking system, etc, they dont deal with flaws nor balance.

It is us the players that are expecting the game mode to be towards certain pvp style while the game was made towards a very basic player, reason balance needs to be bad to not so good.

Just pick up a troll build, carry has much u can, w8 for fake balance(it's like fake news lool), pick up new gimmick due that "balance", reapeat until it get swaped to another gimmick.

Their might be working on something but not major balance patch. They work on new elite spec's to meet schedule we got with PoF. After HoT we had big meta shifts but after PoF 2 seasons they didn't nothing to influence anything major in Meta. Oh Yea they are so sooory...

Archived