Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast - Fix needed — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast - Fix needed

Dragonzhunter.8506Dragonzhunter.8506 Member ✭✭✭
edited January 18, 2018 in Ranger

Because I am tired of all post about how to nerf ranger, how to nerf druid or how to nerf that trait lines and this skill, I made this post where I please ask you to share your opinion/thoughts in that way that Anet will FIX and not nerf Ranger class and those 2 specializations.
I hope ppl who don't play this class will refrain from commenting, because we don't need somone who hate rangers to explain us how to nerf the ranger.
Thank you!

Comments

• ArmageddonAsh.6430ArmageddonAsh.6430 Member ✭✭✭✭

Without a doubt, Druid NEEDS to be nerfed. It has too much defense built into Avatar. It needs the same treatment as Ventari, good at healing others. Weaker at healing yourself. With all the stealth, mobility, full condi clear every 15seconds on top of its other condi removals. Will it be nerfed? Dunno. It does however NEED to be nerfed.

Soulbeast, i dunno. Feels quite solid to me. Some of the traits could do with tweaks and buffs.

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2018

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:
    Without a doubt, Druid NEEDS to be nerfed. It has too much defense built into Avatar. It needs the same treatment as Ventari, good at healing others. Weaker at healing yourself. With all the stealth, mobility, full condi clear every 15seconds on top of its other condi removals. Will it be nerfed? Dunno. It does however NEED to be nerfed.

Soulbeast, i dunno. Feels quite solid to me. Some of the traits could do with tweaks and buffs.

without a doubt I never seen you in a pvp match-My bad, got you mixed up with another Druid hater, nerf druid troll.

Soulbeast, solid? it does solid dmg. It's an all in approach. many believe Core is better for pvp. That doesn't make me feel amazing about it.

Druid is fairly strong for support but the dmg isn't very good.

Full condi clear every 15 secs? That's a clear exaggeration.
    On top of its condi removals-- which is what exactly? Signet of renewal--pet will pull 13 condis from you and teammates if its close enough (50sec cd)
    And what, 2 condis on heal?

Good, I wish it removed MORE condis.

In this current meta, I can be loaded up with condis, remove and IMMEDIATELY--not 1 sec goes by, and I have a full bar of fire and forget bull kitten that is ruining this game.

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:
    without a doubt I never seen you in a pvp match.

Sorry, should have mentioned, from a WvW perspective.
    S/TPvP is boring. Too limiting on what builds you can use, the game mode (point capture) is boring and kinda sucks.

• EnderzShadow.2506EnderzShadow.2506 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2018

spvp boring?

I don't like Virtual jogging. Go on with your bad self in WvW with your sweat band and shorty shorts :P

And please, don't forget to Hydrate!

mhm, ok, sure, whatever you say, no after you, I insist, no really, please, be my guest,

@EnderzShadow.2506 said:

without a doubt I never seen you in a pvp match-My bad, got you mixed up with another Druid hater, nerf druid troll.

Soulbeast, solid? it does solid dmg. It's an all in approach. many believe Core is better for pvp. That doesn't make me feel amazing about it.

Druid is fairly strong for support but the dmg isn't very good.

Full condi clear every 15 secs? That's a clear exaggeration.
    On top of its condi removals-- which is what exactly? Signet of renewal--pet will pull 13 condis from you and teammates if its close enough (50sec cd)
    And what, 2 condis on heal?

Good, I wish it removed MORE condis.

In this current meta, I can be loaded up with condis, remove and IMMEDIATELY--not 1 sec goes by, and I have a full bar of fire and forget bull kitten that is ruining this game.

As i pointed out, i was talking about WvW but....

Soulbeast is VERY good in WvW. Its not quite perfect yet, mostly due to having bugs and issues here and there but has the damage both melee and ranged, has stealth, mobility and good defenses. Good condi clears with its new heal combined with other traits.

Druid has INSANE damage when in WvW and has insane mobility, stealth, condi clear every 15seconds (well 13 but still. thats a clear as there are 13 conditions in the game) Druidic Clarity is ALWAYS taken. Who wouldnt take 13 condis removed AND a stun break on a 15second cool down. Weather you will actually get to use it every 15seconds, i would doubt. I guess it would depend on the build. The more allies you have. The more often you can use it. When solo for me at least its longer but mostly as just testing it out as you get much more of the energy for Avatar from healing, so i guess the more damage you and your pet take, the easier and quicker it would fill up. Also the less time you spend in it, the better. Which would again decrease the cool down between uses. So i guess it could be possible with enough practice and the right build. Defiantly possible if you're in a group.

When against Scourge, Soulbeast should win most fights. This again is WvW based. I have enough counters to Scourge - CC, mobility, Ranged burst, condition removal.

• jihm.2315jihm.2315 Member ✭✭✭

Soulbeast is okish Druid is overpowered

• @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:
    Soulbeast is VERY good in WvW. Its not quite perfect yet, mostly due to having bugs and issues here and there but has the damage both melee and ranged, has stealth, mobility and good defenses. Good condi clears with its new heal combined with other traits.

>
    Let's say I am agree with you, that Soulbeast is very good in WvW if it is in a hand of a good player.

Druid has INSANE damage when in WvW and has insane mobility, stealth, condi clear every 15seconds (well 13 but still. thats a clear as there are 13 conditions in the game) Druidic Clarity is ALWAYS taken.

Druid has insane damage? From where did you get this ? Maybe you can say Soulbeast with berserker gear has an insane damage, but Druid ? Definitely not!
    Druid is a balanced class, with a lot of survivability, good damage, but is not a damage dealer, not like Soulbeast. Even so, please don't talk about Druid needs nerf, because he didn't. It is ok like it is now. I don't play Druid since PoF like I mentioned before, and even I meet druids in WvW and they are hard to kill because of disengage abilities, I still don't want to be nerfed, because they are ok with what they have now! If one thing will be nerfed they will become an unplayable specialization, and are many players who didn't bought PoF.

@jihm.2315 said:
    Soulbeast is okish Druid is overpowered

I killed every time any Druid with my Soulbeas ... I don't know from where did you get that Druid is overpowered. An OP class is one who can kill almost all classes (if not every classes) and in the same time can survive vs more than 2 enemies, like Spellbraker or Mirage.

• Lazze.9870Lazze.9870 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2018

Yeah, solid enough to be completely irrelevant. Core ranger beats it ten out of ten times. There are no matchups where a core ranger can't perform equally well. Except wvw trains I guess.

It needs buffs and tweaks, but those buffs and tweaks that are needed will put it considerly above how its currently performing. It will never be anything outside a niche spec in pvp enviroments until it gets petswap in beastmode. And before anyone tells me about "Bik's longbow soulbeast", the build is literally the soulbeast version of the years old WS/NM/BM build with more damage and less surviveability. If anyone that plays ranger didn't come up with a similiar build when testing soulbeast for the first time, it would astonish me.

• Dragonzhunter.8506Dragonzhunter.8506 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2018

@Lazze.9870 said:

Yeah, solid enough to be completely irrelevant. Core ranger beats it ten out of ten times. There are no matchups where a core ranger can't perform equally well. Except wvw trains I guess.

It needs buffs and tweaks, but those buffs and tweaks that are needed will put it considerly above how its currently performing. It will never be anything outside a niche spec in pvp enviroments until it gets petswap in beastmode. And before anyone tells me about "Bik's longbow soulbeast", the build is literally the soulbeast version of the years old WS/NM/BM build with more damage and less survivability. If anyone that plays ranger didn't come up with a similiar build when testing soulbeast for the first time, it would astonish me.

Core ranger or vanila ranger will never beat (at least not atm) a Soulbeast. Since PoF I never saw 1 single vanila ranger to beat a Soulbeast.
    I don't believe there are still players who complain about Soulbeast since this specialization face any class more than well.
    Soulbeast don't need petswap in beastmode, not with this status/traits the Soulbeast have it now. Because this will be too OP. Do you realize what means now to have the ability to change pets in beastmode ? From Power to Defense in one second ? It's like you have the ability to change gear from Berserker+Scholar to Sentinel+Durability in one second.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea to swap in beastmode, just for this they must change a lot of things for Soulbeast, and I am not sure they will not broke in the end Soulbeast. I don't want this class to become OP so they will nerf so bad that will be unplayable, like happened with Necro before.

• @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Lazze.9870 said:

It needs buffs and tweaks, but those buffs and tweaks that are needed will put it considerly above how its currently performing. It will never be anything outside a niche spec in pvp enviroments until it gets petswap in beastmode. And before anyone tells me about "Bik's longbow soulbeast", the build is literally the soulbeast version of the years old WS/NM/BM build with more damage and less survivability. If anyone that plays ranger didn't come up with a similiar build when testing soulbeast for the first time, it would astonish me.

Core ranger or vanila ranger will never beat (at least not atm) a Soulbeast. Since PoF I never saw 1 single vanila ranger to beat a Soulbeast.
    I don't believe there are still players who complain about Soulbeast since this specialization face any class more than well.
    Soulbeast don't need petswap in beastmode, not with this status/traits the Soulbeast have it now. Because this will be too OP. Do you realize what means now to have the ability to change pets in beastmode ? From Power to Defense in one second ? It's like you have the ability to change gear from Berserker+Scholar to Sentinel+Durability in one second.
    Don't get me wrong, I like the idea to swap in beastmode, just for this they must change a lot of things for Soulbeast, and I am not sure they will not broke in the end Soulbeast. I don't want this class to become OP so they will nerf so bad that will be unplayable, like happened with Necro before.

Almost sure that ATM, core ranger is preferable to win a soulbeast 1v1, in PVP. In WvW soulbeast may take the lead but not by much.
    Regarding pet swap while in beast mode, I made a suggestion in the forums to give the option to swap once for each time you enter beastmode.

• Soulbeast would be fine otherwise but pet swap is problematic since you need to exit beast mode and go on cooldown. I do agree there needs to be some cooldown but it would be better if you didn't need to exit beastmode. Or then maybe just give little heal after you exit otherwise it's pretty deadly in many cases. Also some soulbeast traits are somewhat less useful, not to mention some core traitlines could use a little convenience oomph in general.

Also soulbeast beast mode skills lack reasonable varierty. Imho there's just few pets you can use in convenient manner without too much micromanagement. Others either just lack dmg or utility or skills just don't work well together. To me it seems many pets, especially older ones, were just given random skills without much thought.

I tried core ranger in spvp and I'm pretty sure soulbeast has higher burst dmg, just because quickness/dmg traits/elite/beast combos. What is better depends on what you're doing i guess but i'm just personally disappointed at core ranger dmg (if you want any survivability)

@Lazze.9870 said:

I play core Ranger and wreck 99% (no not a solid statistic but this is the feeling of k/d) of soul beasts, even after I have just killed someone and on fun cool downs lol. Soul beast is terrible. And I am talking about wvw and pvp. When ever i see a soul beast i go straight for them because I know they will die in seconds.

Soul beast needs a complete rework, because it just doesnt seem to work. What you need to giveup from the core trait lines is just not worth it. I was extremely disappointed with soul beast.

• Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

I hope ppl who don't play this class will refrain from commenting, because we don't need somone who hate rangers to explain us how to nerf the ranger.

There are 9 Professions. I wasn't aware that we had to choose one and only one to play. That being said, wouldn't asking (profession) mains only be the worst request you could possibly have for a productive discussion? The bias would be (and historically has been) less than helpful.

Fort Aspenwood
    Jekkies

• @Turk.5460 said:

There are 9 Professions. I wasn't aware that we had to choose one and only one to play. That being said, wouldn't asking (profession) mains only be the worst request you could possibly have for a productive discussion? The bias would be (and historically has been) less than helpful.

I didn't read on any other class ppl asking to nerf their own class. Ofc you can play whatever you want, I have characters for all classes too, but my main is Ranger. I can go on Thief, Mesmer and Warrior (this is my second character after Ranger) forums and ask on multiple posts (like some of our rangers did on our forum) to nerf this class just because from my POV they are broken in some way. But I didn't, because is not my job to go there ... If I have problem with those class I can post here , on my main class forum. I don't know if you understand what I mean ... for me it's a little ... to ask Anet to nerf MY class ... (even, once again, from my POV Druid is not OP like the other 2-3 classes are)

edited January 22, 2018

@EDDIE WRECKER.1375 said:
    I play core Ranger and wreck 99% (no not a solid statistic but this is the feeling of k/d) of soul beasts, even after I have just killed someone and on fun cool downs lol. Soul beast is terrible. And I am talking about wvw and pvp. When ever i see a soul beast i go straight for them because I know they will die in seconds.

Soul beast needs a complete rework, because it just doesnt seem to work. What you need to giveup from the core trait lines is just not worth it. I was extremely disappointed with soul beast.

I don't know on what server you play wvw , but I never saw a Ranger to beat a Soulbeast, and if you wreck 99% I can tell you that I beat 100% of core Ranger ;) .
    Maybe for you Soulbeast didn't work, because it is hard for you to change from beastmode to normal mode, change pets then again change in beastmode, use those another 3 skills from pets, maybe that's why you feel that Soulbeast is terrible.
    Believe me or not, Soulbeast is one of the best class atm, I am not saying OP but best/good in wvw.

PS: if you manage to swap in time pets/beastmode you will have always more power and more survivability skills/stats than core Ranger.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23, 2018

Best roaming classes are thief and mirage which includes druid somehow but not because of the dps but because of the tankiness. Soulbeast is simply okeish because it does a little bit more dps than ranger and has access to doylak stance and sharing that stances and that's all. And that's the facts.

Still a revenant, firebrand and scourge are the classes mostly wanted in wvw, and in pvp is not much different.

Spellbreaker and Holosmisth and getting stronger as the users learn to use those classes. Both of them have a lot of immunity uptime and crazy damage output.

I'll explain why and what soulbeast needs to have fixed for any player which tries the last specialisation and thinks "this is an utterly trash"
    Soubeast needs pet swap in beastmode to trigger the traits which works with that, if does not suppose as an advantage as long as it keeps the usual CD as right now a dead pet has only 10 seconds CD (come in and out of beastmode).
    Also to make work all the bugged traits and skills which don't do anything when in beast more, and all the traits which trigger when using a beast ability should trigger when cast and not after the beast ability has finished.

Otherwise traits like beastly warden Or clarion bond which could be an amazing addition become completely useless. Here we are talking about basic mechanics which should always works because otherwise half traitline become useless.

After all that is fixed if the class still seems underpowered we can talk about dps.

• Playing with Soulbeast in roaming is challenging and fun. If you are good you are a real threat, special when you are roaming with another 1-3 friends.
    Thief and Mirage are best roaming class when we talk solo roaming because they always run away, reset CD (they have low CD than any class, much lower than Soulbeast anyway) and then they comeback. They are not best because of the skill of the player but more because of invisibility ability, runing for long distance in a short period of time (in this way they get out of combat in 2 seconds) and lowest CD of skills. But still because of this they are OP.
    In a combat 1 vs 1 if a Soulbeast will have lower CD on skills, at least the same like thiefs and mesmers, then the situation of the fight will be other.

I don't know on what server you play wvw , but I never saw a Ranger to beat a Soulbeast, and if you wreck 99% I can tell you that I beat 100% of core Ranger ;) .
    Maybe for you Soulbeast didn't work, because it is hard for you to change from beastmode to normal mode, change pets then again change in beastmode, use those another 3 skills from pets, maybe that's why you feel that Soulbeast is terrible.
    Believe me or not, Soulbeast is one of the best class atm, I am not saying OP but best/good in wvw.

PS: if you manage to swap in time pets/beastmode you will have always more power and more survivability skills/stats than core Ranger.

Lol in wvw only huh?, so did you read my post? And there are more reasons for soul beast being bad than 'me being unable to click a button' way to waste a post bro.

Its clunky and ineffective. And they die quick in my experience. Suppose you are going to say 'bro your experience is incorrect' but it cant be because it is MY experience. Do me a favour and read, stop and think before posting next time lol. Not sure what server you are on, but it must only have soulbeasts on it.

edited January 24, 2018

What a bunch of nonsense. Yes, a core ranger can beat a soulbeast. Easily. There is nothing about the soulbeast that makes it able to outplay a core ranger. That doesn't mean a soulbeast can't beat core ranger, but that is like saying one core ranger can beat another core ranger. Pointless. Most core rangers running around in wvw are complete noobs without access to elite specs at all. That's why you feel like you beat everyone of them. Any competetent ranger choosing to run a core build is at the very least going to give you a hard fight.

Zerker+scholar and sentinel+durability runes in one build? The cooldowns are too long and far between for that comparison to even be remotely true. And even if they weren't, it's an exaggeration if I ever heard one.

No, petswap in beastmode wouldn't be OP. It's the only thing that's gonna make this elite spec a solid elite spec, and not a mediocre one. Identical beastmode skills would share cooldowns, pet swap trait would share the cooldown. There wouldn't be a single balance problem implementing petswap in beastmode as long as they do small tweaks to it.

Edit: oh.. right. You're the same person that argued in favor of the viability of celestial rangers. And you roam around mostly with friends... I'm wasting my time.

• @Lazze.9870 said:

There is nothing about the soulbeast that makes it able to outplay a core ranger. That doesn't mean a soulbeast can't beat core ranger, but that is like saying one core ranger can beat another core ranger. Pointless. Most core rangers running around in wvw are complete noobs without access to elite specs at all. That's why you feel like you beat everyone of them. Any competetent ranger choosing to run a core build is at the very least going to give you a hard fight.

First of all I didn't say a good player with core ranger will not give me a hard fight. Second Soulbeast traits and the abilities+stats from pets make him better than core ranger. I am playing on Seafarer's Rest server.

Zerker+scholar and sentinel+durability runes in one build? The cooldowns are too long and far between for that comparison to even be remotely true. And even if they weren't, it's an exaggeration if I ever heard one.

Maybe it is an exaggeration, but it is almost like that. I didn't say it is possible to have those runes and gear in one build, just will be like!
    If you use Smokescale and Brown Bear (or Jacaranda) practically you will go from knockdown+might/evade+wordly impact to3 sec of Defy Pain + 4.2 k Heal+3 sec of resistance ( 6.8 k Heal+regeneration+3 sec of resistance for Jacaranda) + 100 vitality and 25% increase healing. Don't tell me that will not be OP when you are in Smokescale Beastmode and when your hp drop, in 1 sec you change to Jacaranda and get 6.8k heal/3 sec resistance etc. or to Bear.
    For me, a main Soulbeast will be OK, but I am sure that other classes will yell that we must be nerfed.

No, petswap in beastmode wouldn't be OP. It's the only thing that's gonna make this elite spec a solid elite spec, and not a mediocre one. Identical beastmode skills would share cooldowns, pet swap trait would share the cooldown. There wouldn't be a single balance problem implementing petswap in beastmode as long as they do small tweaks to it.

Only 1 skill from pets in beastmode are identical ... so only 1 will share CD ... what we will do with the other 2 ? Yes it is easy for you to say small tweaks, but there are huge tweaks not small to balance all pets+their skills. You don't see that even now we don't have all pets balanced? Why ? Because is not easy to implement and balance 50 ! terrestrial pets and another 21 water pets. This means developers must work to balance another 71 pets x 3 skills only for Ranger! It's not like just a few numbers ... because every skill (or at least 71x2) are different, power/condi/healing and they scale different based on Ranger traits/armor/rune etc.
    If you really thought it's easy, then go and tell Anet how to do it, if you are IT guy.

Edit: oh.. right. You're the same person that argued in favor of the viability of celestial rangers. And you roam around mostly with friends... I'm wasting my time.

Yes, I am for NOT nerf the Druid and I don't understand you and other guys who want to nerf Druid (just because ...) but you are not concern about what pet swap in Beastmode (without any CD or something, because none of you specify nothing about) will do to Ranger.

Edit: GW2 is not a game about solo playing, and more than other game type World vs World is not about solo roaming (I don't talk about those classes with huge invisibility who hit and run all the time) ... that's why I play most of the time with friends. If you really think you are so powerful with your core/vanila ranger and if you think core ranger easily beat a soulbeast, I invite you on wvw to fight each other

• @Lazze.9870 and @EDDIE WRECKER.1375 it's not strange that only you and few guys are complain about how weak is a Soulbeast vs Core Ranger? (in sPVP and WvW)

• AEFA.9035AEFA.9035 Member ✭✭

@anduriell.6280 said:

Best roaming classes are thief and mirage which includes druid somehow but not because of the dps but because of the tankiness. Soulbeast is simply okeish because it does a little bit more dps than ranger and has access to doylak stance and sharing that stances and that's all. And that's the facts.

Still a revenant, firebrand and scourge are the classes mostly wanted in wvw, and in pvp is not much different.

Spellbreaker and Holosmisth and getting stronger as the users learn to use those classes. Both of them have a lot of immunity uptime and crazy damage output.

I'll explain why and what soulbeast needs to have fixed for any player which tries the last specialisation and thinks "this is an utterly trash"
    Soubeast needs pet swap in beastmode to trigger the traits which works with that, if does not suppose as an advantage as long as it keeps the usual CD as right now a dead pet has only 10 seconds CD (come in and out of beastmode).
    Also to make work all the bugged traits and skills which don't do anything when in beast more, and all the traits which trigger when using a beast ability should trigger when cast and not after the beast ability has finished.

Otherwise traits like beastly warden Or clarion bond which could be an amazing addition become completely useless. Here we are talking about basic mechanics which should always works because otherwise half traitline become useless.

After all that is fixed if the class still seems underpowered we can talk about dps.

This is good suggestion before pof was even released lots of players suggested the same. I think the problem why ANET can't implement them is because they probably don't have the technology to do them and programmers would have a hard time. It should work that's the common knowledge but it's harder to do in a programmers view. I THINK that's why it hasn't been done.

• @anduriell.6280 said:

Idd this will be nice and will give some traits more sense.

• Prophet.1584Prophet.1584 Member ✭✭✭

until the day comes that regeneration becomes a stackable buff (among other things) then no changes should be made to druid/ranger/soulbeast. there is absolutely nothing that counters the insane amount of condi spam in all competitive modes. The only significant condi clear that isn't on a long long cooldown is CA. how about we all just stop asking for nerfs to our own profession.

step 1: fix condi meta
    step 2: fix profession bugs
    step 3: balance

steps 1 and 2 can be interchangeable

• @Prophet.1584 said:
    how about we all just stop asking for nerfs to our own profession.

Totally agree with you!

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭

I mean fir PvE this is just fine, but in good hands its undisputible in PvP.
    Hope they will make it a split nerf, so everygame mode has its benefits from it.

@Lazze.9870 and @EDDIE WRECKER.1375 it's not strange that only you and few guys are complain about how weak is a Soulbeast vs Core Ranger? (in sPVP and WvW)

Doesnt even make sense. I didnt say soulbeast is just weak against core ranger, but against everyone lol. Soul beast is a waste of a trait line in my experience. Compare it to WS or NM or BM, or even MM it just doesnt justify me dropping any of those trait lines. What for? Clunky daggers that under perform, lose my pet for subpar skills, small dps gain (yes small). And I lol'd for real when you said 100% rangers. Mate dont believe that bs for a second. If you see a ranger die in seconds in spvp its nearly always a soulbeast.

• @EDDIE WRECKER.1375 said:
    Doesnt even make sense. I didnt say soulbeast is just weak against core ranger, but against everyone lol. Soul beast is a waste of a trait line in my experience. Compare it to WS or NM or BM, or even MM it just doesnt justify me dropping any of those trait lines. What for? Clunky daggers that under perform, lose my pet for subpar skills, small dps gain (yes small). And I lol'd for real when you said 100% rangers. Mate dont believe that bs for a second. If you see a ranger die in seconds in spvp its nearly always a soulbeast.

Well, if you think Soulbeast has a small dps vs a core ranger, what can I say ... it's your opinion. I don't want to argue with you anymore, so play whatever you want.
    What I know is that for some ppl it is hard to learn new skills, new style of fighting due the fact they must learn to play with another 3 new skills ... and because of that, it is easy for them to say ... that specialization is not good at all ;).
    Have fun with your core ranger.

Well, if you think Soulbeast has a small dps vs a core ranger, what can I say ... it's your opinion. I don't want to argue with you anymore, so play whatever you want.
    What I know is that for some ppl it is hard to learn new skills, new style of fighting due the fact they must learn to play with another 3 new skills ... and because of that, it is easy for them to say ... that specialization is not good at all ;).
    Have fun with your core ranger.

Ok you obviously cant read. This is where i dont bother with replies. You are mis interperating my posts so good luck getting killed and with that confirmation bias. Im out.

Ok you obviously cant read. This is where i dont bother with replies. You are mis interperating my posts so good luck getting killed and with that confirmation bias. Im out.

You are funy. I told you that I do a very good job in W3 with my Soulbeast, and that's why I said that Soulbeast is a very good class atm, even with all bugs, wrong synergy of Soulbeast traits etc ... I don't get killed, I die very rare.

@Lazze.9870 and @EDDIE WRECKER.1375 it's not strange that only you and few guys are complain about how weak is a Soulbeast vs Core Ranger? (in sPVP and WvW)

Hi. I don't think you've fought "right" kind of soulbeasts. Sometimes people who are just trying out builds go for max dps which is not a good choice. As a soulbeast you can have nearly 3k armor while still doing respectable dps. And cleanse condis etc. In pve you have more than 100% fury uptime etc. which automatically adds to your dps. Beast skills are mostly for utility or triggering quickness etc. You want your pet doing damage while those skills are on cd so you do not just sit in beast mode if you can avoid it. There is absolutely no reason why proper soulbeast build would have less survivability than ranger, or even druid if you go healing gear. Actually with bear or some other pets you can have more invulnerability than core ranger. I just wanted to point out this survivability claim is odd.

• anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭

@jalmari.3906 said:

Hi. I don't think you've fought "right" kind of soulbeasts. Sometimes people who are just trying out builds go for max dps which is not a good choice. As a soulbeast you can have nearly 3k armor while still doing respectable dps. And cleanse condis etc. In pve you have more than 100% fury uptime etc. which automatically adds to your dps. Beast skills are mostly for utility or triggering quickness etc. You want your pet doing damage while those skills are on cd so you do not just sit in beast mode if you can avoid it. There is absolutely no reason why proper soulbeast build would have less survivability than ranger, or even druid if you go healing gear. Actually with bear or some other pets you can have more invulnerability than core ranger. I just wanted to point out this survivability claim is odd.

In my experience Soulbeast is a bit better than core ranger simply because of the Doylak instances and the archetype F3 skill.
    Still is lacking damage and defenses compared to other roaming classes like thief or mesmer.

Either way would be nice if the core ranger would get more group support with the mobile spirits and soulbeast the traits reworked to increase the condi and power (by coosing traits).

• @anduriell.6280 said:
    In my experience Soulbeast is a bit better than core ranger simply because of the Doylak instances and the archetype F3 skill.
    Still is lacking damage and defenses compared to other roaming classes like thief or mesmer.

I am agree with you, Dolyak Stance is one of the best utilities for ranger regarding defensive/mobility, I use it instead of Signet of Stone or other defensive utilities.
    I can't say that Soulbeast is lacking on damage compared to thief or mesmer, maybe we don't have exact the same amount of damage, but still with full marauder you can put down pretty fast another class (I don't want to mention berserker who can put down in 3 sec someone who doesn't pay attention or is on CD). But in the same time, yes we don't have the same defense/evade skills like mesmer or thief have. When we die, we die because we don't have enough skills to run away and disengage like mesmer and thief have.

@jalmari.3906 said:

There is absolutely no reason why proper soulbeast build would have less survivability than ranger, or even druid if you go healing gear. Actually with bear or some other pets you can have more invulnerability than core ranger. I just wanted to point out this survivability claim is odd.

Totally agree with you @jalmari.3906 , I think they didn't know how to play properly and that's why they are complaining.

edited January 29, 2018

Totally agree with you @jalmari.3906 , I think they didn't know how to play properly and that's why they are complaining.

I don't think you know how to read, type, or have a normal discussion, which why you don't understand anything at all.

I don't think you know how to play properly, which is why you fail to see the benefit of running a core ranger against a soulbeast...

... well, besides the fact that you're full of kitten in every single comment you make.

"Maybe it is an exaggeration, but it is almost like that. I didn't say it is possible to have those runes and gear in one build, just will be like! "

First of all.. I rest my case, second of all: No. Running a soulbeast is nothing "like" running a zerker+scholar build and sentinel+durability in one single build. It's not even close. Maybe it feels like that to you because you're getting carried by your support friends, like you did when you played celestial ranger with zero sustain and barely any utility.

edited January 29, 2018

@Lazze.9870 said:

I don't think you know how to read, type, or have a normal discussion, which why you don't understand anything at all.

I don't think you know how to play properly, which is why you fail to see the benefit of running a core ranger against a soulbeast...

... well, besides the fact that you're full of kitten in every single comment you make.

"Maybe it is an exaggeration, but it is almost like that. I didn't say it is possible to have those runes and gear in one build, just will be like! "

First of all.. I rest my case, second of all: No. Running a soulbeast is nothing "like" running a zerker+scholar build and sentinel+durability in one single build. It's not even close. Maybe it feels like that to you because you're getting carried by your support friends, like you did when you played celestial ranger with zero sustain and barely any utility.

@Lazze.9870 you make me laugh, really.
    First of all, I didn't mention your name when I talked with @jalmari.3906 , but if you find yourself in that kind of group it's just your problem ;)
    I play ranger since beta, I got my Legendary title in sPVP at the beginning and I was among the first players with sPVP legendary backpack (I played with druid, warrior and elementalist), in w3 I beat almost every player I meet in 1 vs 1, only real problem for me are good/very good mesmers, but I think for all rangers (core or specialization) mesmers are our hardest opponent. Ofc I am not the best, I was beaten by duelist, they play a lot not like me 2 hours / day and usual they use different build/gear due to the class they face it. If you are on EU server and your server will be against Seafarer's Rest, please contact me to have some fights, you with your core ranger and me with Soulbeast. I have the same name on ranger Dragonzhunter. Once again I am not the best, but I know how to play properly.

On second, I didn't say ONLY "Running a soulbeast is nothing "like" running a zerker+scholar build and sentinel+durability in one single build." , I said if we can switch pets in Beastmode, it would be like ! without that or any CD, because from DPS (using Smokescale for example) you will go in Defense/Healing mode (Bear, Jacaranda etc) in a second. And this will be a huge advantage in a 1 vs 1 also in party vs party , zerg etc ... That's why I don't Anet to rush and make these changes without a proper vision of what and how these must be done, in that way that Soulbeast will not be OP. So please don't share only some words and propositions from my comment, don't be like media or lair journalists who put on the screen only part of someone comment ... because it is erroneous and misleading.

Also, if you want I can give you my friends name which I play and ask them if I am carried by them :D ... you will be surprised ... I play/roam with them because is more fun to spend 2 hours with someone, talk on TS , because almost everywhere you will meet group of 3-5 roamers ... very rare you'll find players roaming solo ...

Now, in the end, please stop attacking me here and come on the border to prove you that Soulbeast it is a really good class like it is now, with this traits line, utilities etc.

PS: I didn't say about people didn't know how to play ranger, but didn't know how to play Soulbeast if they still have that feeling that Soulbeast is weak and can be easily beaten by core ranger.

• Arheundel.6451Arheundel.6451 Member ✭✭✭✭

In terms of raw benefits like "super traits" , I can agree with you, soulbeast trait line is not better than NM or skirmishing/marksmanship if anything is actually worst : the only traits which can be considered super traits are Second skin and Unstoppable union, the rest are not worth dropping NM for.
    If instead we talk about actual utility ...then soulbeast can be considered a great elite spec idea, few beastmode skills like : jacaranda - rock gazelle , smokescale and electric wyvern make the whole elite work quite smoothly in given situation ; then we have the increased stats ( can be doubled by using beastmastery ).......we have something good here...far from perfect but good nevertheless

Going back to traitline discussion...yes possibly soulbeast is the second worst traitline coming out of PoF after the renegade traitline but this is the best part 'cause it better to have a bad traitline..than a bad mechanic/gameplay ( weaver says HI ), it's much easier to fix bad traits than wait for gameplay changes that will never come ( tempest/weaver say HI again )

All in all, soulbeast is a great spec : very fun to use and quite competitive , I can face with confidence and a 60% chance of victory anything but well a played thief ( all specs including deadeye the p/p variant ) and mirage , against which I prefer to use normal lb/staff druid ( not much choice there )...soulbeast is far far far far from being the worst PoF elite..go check renegade primarily and weaver for that, the first is just horrible bad design and the second is just a pve elite

-A wise man once said- "Fight cheese with cheese or be cheesed in return, mind not those who will accuse you of being a cheese as they like cheese themselves"

• AEFA.9035AEFA.9035 Member ✭✭
    edited January 30, 2018

@anduriell.6280 said:

I am agree with you, Dolyak Stance is one of the best utilities for ranger regarding defensive/mobility, I use it instead of Signet of Stone or other defensive utilities.
    I can't say that Soulbeast is lacking on damage compared to thief or mesmer, maybe we don't have exact the same amount of damage, but still with full marauder you can put down pretty fast another class (I don't want to mention berserker who can put down in 3 sec someone who doesn't pay attention or is on CD). But in the same time, yes we don't have the same defense/evade skills like mesmer or thief have. When we die, we die because we don't have enough skills to run away and disengage like mesmer and thief have.

This. I find that this is one of the problems for Ranger as well, we currently lack utility/weapon skill to quickly disengage besides Lightning Reflex and Quickening zephyr, and for engage we have GS 3 that's pretty much it i believe and its a bad one too cause its so flashy its not fast enough, it would be nice if during cast time we get an entire evade from it or reflect projectile or destroy projectile. But I would doubt it.

edited January 30, 2018

@AEFA.9035 said:
    This. I find that this is one of the problems for Ranger as well, we currently lack utility/weapon skill to quickly disengage besides Lightning Reflex and Quickening zephyr, and for engage we have GS 3 that's pretty much it i believe and its a bad one too cause its so flashy its not fast enough, it would be nice if during cast time we get an entire evade from it or reflect projectile or destroy projectile. But I would doubt it.

I don't use GS anymore, I find that Sword+Axe are much better. You don't have 1 evade (Swoop with 12 sec CD) and 1 block (Counterattack with 15 sec CD) but you get almost 3 evades from Sword (I consider that Monarch's Leap is some kind of evade because you can chose the direction where to leap) with only 8 sec CD and retaliation+huge damage+vulnerability with 25 sec CD ... also a little pull etc. You should try it instead of GS , at least vs class like Spellbraker, Reaper/Scourge (for Scourge only evasion and leap from sword and Path of Scars , because Whirling Defense is dangerous to use it near them), Thief, Mesmer. You will not disengage and run away very easy, but you can fight for long time due to the evades and leap. Also the leap from skill 2 of Sword is a combo finisher so you can use it to go invisible if you use Smokescale. With Survival/Nature Magic/Soulbeast you can face almost everyone.

• Sandzibar.5134Sandzibar.5134 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2018

I've found that classes you cant escape from with a GS, you still cant escape from with a sword. aka warrior / thief / mesmer.

You have to have a Merged gazelle charge available to have a chance in my humble experience.

edited January 30, 2018

@Sandzibar.5134 said:
    I've found that classes you cant escape from with a GS, you still cant escape from with a sword. aka warrior / thief / mesmer.

You have to have a Merged gazelle charge available to have a chance in my humble experience.

I mentioned in my comment that Sword skills are not for escape/run away from combat and go to a safe place to refresh your CD (like thief or mesmer or spellbraker do when they want to disengage from a fight). Swords skills are for stay in the fight but with more chances to survive. I dueled with a very good Spellbreaker for more than 1 minute and he was a duelist, he is doing this all day , almost 24/24 :).
    Idd if you want to just escape from a fight instead to fight till the end, you should use Charge from Gazelle + GS (Swoop+Counterattack) , even a good mesmer or thief will catch you eventually.
    I like Smokescale vs Gazelle, because of that evade skill (Smoke Assault). I like to fight instead of run, even I am outnumbered.

@AEFA.9035 said:

I don't use GS anymore, I find that Sword+Axe are much better. You don't have 1 evade (Swoop with 12 sec CD) and 1 block (Counterattack with 15 sec CD) but you get almost 3 evades from Sword (I consider that Monarch's Leap is some kind of evade because you can chose the direction where to leap) with only 8 sec CD and retaliation+huge damage+vulnerability with 25 sec CD ... also a little pull etc. You should try it instead of GS , at least vs class like Spellbraker, Reaper/Scourge (for Scourge only evasion and leap from sword and Path of Scars , because Whirling Defense is dangerous to use it near them), Thief, Mesmer. You will not disengage and run away very easy, but you can fight for long time due to the evades and leap. Also the leap from skill 2 of Sword is a combo finisher so you can use it to go invisible if you use Smokescale. With Survival/Nature Magic/Soulbeast you can face almost everyone.

This i agree with so much. The burst of the offhand axe is amazing as long as you dont get interupted. So stab up and dont get boon stripped and interupted.

The burst of the offhand axe is amazing as long as you dont get interupted. So stab up and dont get boon stripped and interupted.

Yes, always I use Dolyak Stance before using Whirling Defense.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.