Delete

Balsa.3951

@dagger dave.5201 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:yes its called risk and reward, as I said a trait u want boon corruption u might must pay a price. Not sure if u noticed that torment is punish mobile classes a lot

Scourge isn't the only spec with torment, and it isn't immune to torment.... So idk why that makes any sense

Scourge is incredibly immobile, and as such mobile classes/specs will dance all over the battlefield, scourge counters that by having a whole lot of torment and movement slows to make said mobile classes either closer to their speed either by force or by them deciding to move less to avoid extra torment damage, or to burnish them for utilizing that mobility via added damage.

If you torment a class that almost never moves (scourge) you don’t punish it nearly as much as throwing it on say a thief who is literally bouncing all over the place.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Balsa.3951 said:yes its called risk and reward, as I said a trait u want boon corruption u might must pay a price. Not sure if u noticed that torment is punish mobile classes a lot

Scourge isn't the only spec with torment, and it isn't immune to torment.... So idk why that makes any sense

Scourge is incredibly immobile, and as such mobile classes/specs will dance all over the battlefield, scourge counters that by having a whole lot of torment and movement slows to make said mobile classes either closer to their speed either by force or by them deciding to move less to avoid extra torment damage, or to burnish them for utilizing that mobility via added damage.

If you torment a class that almost never moves (scourge) you don’t punish it nearly as much as throwing it on say a thief who is literally bouncing all over the place.

A guildie and I both have scourges who are way more mobile than you think, thanks to the portal/wurm and the swiftness ability.

I like the way he is the most broken class in the game ever since!I love it as it walks and deals damage in area (which reaches 8-10 pools with 500y) and deals damage while imposing conditions, and imposes conditions while healing, and heals while removing all benefits from targets, and all of that gaining a shield (which shares with ALL allies) that makes it IMMORTAL for a very long time.all this without presisar to aim, since areas of damage of him accompany and arrive at ridiculous 1200y, being often an area greater than the area of the objectivebut of course people are who do not know how to play against him, just join the 5 against him and pray not to have 2 scourges or a healer near ....

Anet ruined the PVP of the game, and already ruined the PVE by removing drops and destroying the Dungeons, with the Baus in PVP MOST of the players are there by the bau and not by victories or ranking ... and now the new class TOTALLY unbalanced ALL, but the scourge is a point beyond this imbalance is simply RIDICULOUS

@Durzlla.6295 said:

Highly mobile classes are the classes that are the least affected by Scourge, because they have the tools to avoid Scourge's offense, and even if they are hit they have the tools to negate Scourge's cripple and other soft control conditions.

You claim that thief is more penalized by Scourge than a lower mobility class, when in reality thief is probably the class that is least penalized by Scourge due to thief being able to effortlessly avoid Scourge's attacks while also having access to trait's like Don't Stop that make Scourge cripple useless on them. Meanwhile a low mobility class like say Reaper is enormously penalized by Scourge due to being unable to disengage from a Scourge because of how brutal perma cripple is to a class with little to no mobility skills.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Highly mobile classes are the classes that are the least affected by Scourge, because they have the tools to avoid Scourge's offense, and even if they are hit they have the tools to negate Scourge's cripple and other soft control conditions.

You claim that thief is more penalized by Scourge than a lower mobility class, when in reality thief is probably the class that is least penalized by Scourge due to thief being able to effortlessly avoid Scourge's attacks while also having access to trait's like Don't Stop that make Scourge cripple useless on them. Meanwhile a low mobility class like say Reaper is enormously penalized by Scourge due to being unable to disengage from a Scourge because of how brutal perma cripple is to a class with little to no mobility skills.

I was saying mobile classes are more penalized by torment not by scourge, I was just saying scourge has a ton of torment and cripple to try to level the playing field, not that it still isn’t weak to mobility.

@"Balsa.3951" said:my main idea of this post is not really about nerf or punish anyone, just wanted to point out that the dynamic of make people leave the cap to intervene the enemy of reaching the cap is a interesting new aspect.

So I was merely thinking about how to enhance this

But in practice, when do you ever really catch a good scourge on the way to a node without sacrificing another more helpful use of your time? As a druid, I win almost every match (plat 1 past 2 seasons) where I immediately troll far. If I stop to intercept a scourge en route to mid at the start, I'm not denying far cap to the other team, and have almost entirely invalidated my purpose. A thief pushing far early (usually a bad idea, I've found) would be in the largely same position, the only difference being that they might have a better shot at shutting or bursting down that scourge than I would.

It's a nice idea - the whole "intercept a scourge" thing, but in practice I see that only working on terrible scourges. Pulsing stability swift on relatively low cooldown, not stupidly running alone into bad 1v3 matchups, spammable barriers, boon corrupt, and fears to slow down people hunting you... all of these are things that a halfway decent scourge can use to survive the intercept window and make it to a place where they get support or can LoS range, etc.

Archived