Eotm is always empty!

BlackPot.4521

@Ubi.4136 said:Yeah, it was meant as a place for people to hang out and play while waiting for a wvw map. There are nowhere near as many people playing wvw anymore. Shorter (or no) ques means no one in EotM.

Well people were using EotM before even when there weren’t any queues. It took a very damaging hit when XP was removed from WvW and again with the skirmish reward track.

Despite the huge amount of AP available in EotM, I've never been able to stomach it for more than an hour, and usually not more than 10 minutes. It's dull when there's opponents, because there aren't any objectives to take. And it's nearly as dull when there are opponents, because the sides just trade objectives. When there are fights, they are almost always lopsided victories by the side that either has more people or the side that has anyone on comms.

In other words, it's boring (for me and I presume for lots of others, too).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Despite the huge amount of AP available in EotM, I've never been able to stomach it for more than an hour, and usually not more than 10 minutes. It's dull when there's opponents, because there aren't any objectives to take. And it's nearly as dull when there are opponents, because the sides just trade objectives. When there are fights, they are almost always lopsided victories by the side that either has more people or the side that has anyone on comms.

In other words, it's boring (for me and I presume for lots of others, too).

I feel the same way, as do the majority of WvW vets I have spoken with over the years. I wish that players could choose the color to enter as (or the server would randomly select if for them based on the map's current team populations), instead of being locked to the color their server is.

Maybe EotM could be tweaked are rebranded as a halfway point between PvE and WvW...? Sort of a initiation zone for new players to learn the mechanics of WvW and get their feet wet before diving into WvW itself.

@"xihorus.2804" said:Maybe EotM could be tweaked are rebranded

That's an appealing idea. The maps are already there, so maybe there are other ways to use the same space.

• Rent-a-map for GvG
  • Rent for just your guild, to face off against each other, using it to practice for WvW, whether ZvZ or militia or roaming (capturing objectives in WvW is a bit different than in PvP, especially with the need for siege/supply)
  • Primary vs Linked! Give linked worlds a chance to "prove" they're better than their primary, with Green for Linked, Red for Primary, and Blue... dunno.

I'm sure there are better ideas out there. I would not expect any of the above to affect War/Skirmish scores or offers different benefits from traditional WvW.

EOTM design is decent if game worked in another way, if guild's having structure actually matter to a server or even only to that guild, serveral maps eotm style could work nad thus guilds and server GvG ing to own a complete map until some guild or server want's acces to it's content.

EOTM map design would work if WvW was more like War of Emperium from ragnarok online, having like quite some maps of similair design instead of servers and making own structures a thing for guilds or alliances would be fun imo.

then later Anet could make flying ships work as well.. but then i would wake up from this dream.( ´థ,_‥థ`)

Because EotM map design is horrible and gimmicky and down right UGLY (hurts my eyes). The map is simply not fun to play for most players. Too much traveling and too little fights vs other humans (most fights vs NPCs). And you can fall down to your death in so many locations (being feared, launched etc).

The majority of players prefer EBG and Alpine border. Participation rates reveal the truth. I don't care if some individual players actually like EotM.

I wouldn't mind seeing EotM removed, even though I never bothered to get those Achievement Points (AP).

If WvW itself is dead, what hope does EotM have? Anyone who plays WvW should just accept Guild Wars 2 has just become a cash cow. Any patch that Arenanet puts out is for profits, not for player benefit.

Honestly, at this point if you put money into GW2, you might as well have paid for a prostitute (male or female, no discrimination). The whole World of Warcraft killer dream is dead because Arenanet decided to bend over, spread, and allow their Korean masters to come deep inside.

The top execs at Anet are probably getting paid tonnes because of the hard work their employees have done for them. They do not care if people are unhappy, so long as they are buying the xpac so they can do ~10k more damage than those without the xpac (I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the design goals of the xpac). The game designers have either:

A.) Left the company because of this greedy stuff, or

B.) Know they are gaming people out of their earned money, but are staying quiet so they keep their jobs and livelihood

If you're a WvW player, there is absolutely no point supporting this game anymore. ArenaNet do nothing but take advantage of your patronage, to produce more profits for their bosses, rather than improving your gaming experience.

If this post gets deleted, then Arenanet knows all the above is true (I have tried very carefully to stay within forum guidelines, even the prostitute bit). If it doesn't get deleted, then please discuss. I feel Guild Wars 2 has taken a very negative turn since HoT came out. It's more of a P2W game like MapleStory, rather than (literally) the purest MMORPG that was Guild Wars 2 at release.

@Baldrick.8967 said:Deserted BL is used as the waiting room now- when you are waiting to get on a decent map. EOTM no longer serves any useful purpose and could be deleted. In fact, it might have been months ago, most of us wouldn't have noticed.

yeah, point is ... waiting in eotm was theory only if all maps were full .... but mostly was used for wxp karma trains (exp alts before nerf)

Then tickets happen... and its more about participation... so you go different map... build up participation and wait in que for better map.Also eotm dont have gliding, so jump > dead... awww no gliding here :D

@Pancake.3092 said:If WvW itself is dead, what hope does EotM have? Anyone who plays WvW should just accept Guild Wars 2 has just become a cash cow. Any patch that Arenanet puts out is for profits, not for player benefit.

Honestly, at this point if you put money into GW2, you might as well have paid for a prostitute (male or female, no discrimination). The whole World of Warcraft killer dream is dead because Arenanet decided to bend over, spread, and allow their Korean masters to come deep inside.

The top execs at Anet are probably getting paid tonnes because of the hard work their employees have done for them. They do not care if people are unhappy, so long as they are buying the xpac so they can do ~10k more damage than those without the xpac (I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the design goals of the xpac). The game designers have either:

A.) Left the company because of this greedy stuff, or

B.) Know they are gaming people out of their earned money, but are staying quiet so they keep their jobs and livelihood

If you're a WvW player, there is absolutely no point supporting this game anymore. ArenaNet do nothing but take advantage of your patronage, to produce more profits for their bosses, rather than improving your gaming experience.

If this post gets deleted, then Arenanet knows all the above is true (I have tried very carefully to stay within forum guidelines, even the prostitute bit). If it doesn't get deleted, then please discuss. I feel Guild Wars 2 has taken a very negative turn since HoT came out. It's more of a P2W game like MapleStory, rather than (literally) the purest MMORPG that was Guild Wars 2 at release.

They do stuff for wvw... lot of.... but its like 20% of potential what can be done. Anet its company, so they need to make money, but yeah... that feel you have...

For example... obsidian weapons from wvw... omg i was doing 9 years graphics, and that are skins of person who learn to how to do stuff... but then they put on table nice skins for black lion tickets, k. Gems spend > game.

Well, I don't think it's because eotm is a bad map. I actually had some of my best time in the game fighting in eotm with my guild. I love the design. I was not implemented properly.

It's just that when you have no devs working on WvW nothing will improve. Add to this that the combat system is just a frustrating mess now and you are destined to have players leave.

Archived