Please no negatives!!

Joxer.6024

Guys... and gals,Come on!! Please no negatives with the updates that were posted. ANET LISTENED and responded with ALOT of fixes that so many of us cried for weeks about. They DID SOMETHING!! When was the last time a company listened to their player base and made heaps of changes right before a huge new release? I'm still seeing people cry with "What about this bit" or "You didn't fix/change this part"...come on folks, they didn't have to do a thing really. But they did listen and tried to balance as much as they could in the short time they had. Is there still more that needs done, sure, but overall we ALL got some pretty positive changes that we asked for. So rejoice and enjoy the game come Sat.....or Friday for others!Good thing the thumbs down is gone as I will most cop a lot of flak for this post but I just felt it had to be said. Lets let POF drop and we all get a taste and feel for our new shinys and then we all can revisit this place and discuss.For right now just lose the negative comments, thank the Devs and lets get sandy!!!! ;)

(thank you ANET Devs!)

They just gutted Scourge for PvP and WvW , reducing its spike damage output.

Which is fine.

The problem?

It didn't get anything to compensate.

Specifically, scourge now has both terrible spike damage and terrible sustain (for both damage and support).Necromancer is now for 0 out of 2 PvE desirable elite specializations for 2 expansions.Disappointed doesn't begin to cover how I feel about ANET's decision regarding necromancer. I have been really hoping to have a spec that would serve as a viable alternative to cPS in raids. No such luck.

@Doodledibob.2456 said:They just gutted Scourge for PvP and WvW , reducing its spike damage output.

Which is fine.

The problem?

Specifically, scourge now has both terrible spike damage and terrible sustain (for both damage and support).Necromancer is now for 0 out of 2 PvE desirable elite specializations for 2 expansions.Disappointed doesn't begin to cover how I feel about ANET's decision regarding necromancer. I have been really hoping to have a spec that would serve as a viable alternative to cPS in raids. No such luck.

They stole our sand from us!!

#GiveBackOurSand

@Doodledibob.2456 said:They just gutted Scourge for PvP and WvW , reducing its spike damage output.

Which is fine.

The problem?

You're in good company. Mirage, Renegade, Soulbeast all received pitiful changes that changed nothing that makes the specs or their weapons bad.

In this game it's obvious you just have to play flavor of the year/xpac since that's how long it takes them to do any meaningful balance, if any comes at all judging by how reaper greatsword and shouts have been terrible since the entire xpac released and nothing about them has been changed.

Ok, ouch to you all! Maybe I should have rephrased my topic to mean that ANET did listen and respond to a lot of the issues, just some in a bad way compared to others. Reckon I should have read ALL the class posts and thus seeing the disappointment that you all got...my bad. But one can hope that since they did do something with most that there is a chance they will continue on that tread after launch and fix up some of the others? We can but hope. Again, sorry for those that kinda got the shaft. :(

@TexZero.7910 said:If people don't voice displeasure how do you reasonably expect Anet to know and make changes ?

Unless i missed the patchnote that granted all Anet employees universal telepathy and a hive mind.....but i doubt that happened.

Yea, I don't want people to stop voicing issues, golly gee (cuz they kitten all the other words!) that's how some of the things got "fixed". My post was directed at the update info they did give and to not go all negative with that response as they did something whereas they really didn't have too. But yea, by no means should the community EVER be silent....please no. ;)

And just a sidenote....I honestly thought that they wouldn't have done a thing so that's where my so-called "joy" is coming from.

@Jzaku.9765 said:Maybe for your class. The spellbreaker patch notes can be condensed down to "fixed minor bugs and tooltips. Reduced cast time of dagger 2."

But my point is...they did something......? ;)and....and.....this tidbit:"Additionally, there will also be a few core warrior updates in addition to these changes that will be messaged with the update on the 22nd. Some of these changes are aimed at improving burst usage for Spellbreaker."

@Joxer.6024 said:

For right now just lose the negative comments, thank the Devs and lets get sandy!!!! ;)

(thank you ANET Devs!)

Yeah now is not the time to be SALTY but supportive and thankful for all of the devs hard work! Cheers everyone at Arenanet. Now let's celebrate by getting Path of Fire and playing it as soon as it launches.

All right, I will give it a go.I didn't expect ANET to screw necro again but THEY DID IT, they listened to the voices in their head and acted upon. Very proactive. It wasn't asked nor required, but they took on themselves to go "beyond expectations". Thank you for your hard work! Take a well earned rest! <3

@sorudo.9054 said:The truth can be realy negative, asking ppl not to means you want ppl silenced.

Not at all. I am only asking that everyone not be so quick to jump down ANET"S throat in regards to what they tried to "fix" or address, that's all. And you can be negative, if you will, and not be a jerk about it. Many folks have gotten their points across without any toxic attitude. So no, I am not asking, meaning, telling anyone to be silent, just be nice and appreciative. I know this day and age its a huge concept but one to which I think still has some value. Call me old-fashioned...sorry.

hmmm no negatives... ok here goes

Thanks for the new content and mounts you did a great job and we are looking forward to trying out the new content

on a side note I would like also like to give a HUUUUGE thumbs up towards the fact it seems the devs do not have a clue how to balance necro and used a sledgehammer to smash the cr@p out of Scourge before PoF even lands, you did a fantastic job of it :)

oh that was easier than I thought

@Ara.4569 said:All right, I will give it a go.I didn't expect ANET to screw necro again but THEY DID IT, they listened to the voices in their head and acted upon. Very proactive. It wasn't asked nor required, but they took on themselves to go "beyond expectations". Thank you for your hard work! Take a well earned rest! <3

That voices in their head... I know it!Mordremoth, you kitten!

struggles not to nerf necro\

Mordremoth: "Who dares defy my eternal will? I am beyond your ability to comprehend."

"No! we already nerf necro so bad this past 5 years!!"

Mordremoth: "You are nothing. Submit to me, and serve!" *Sending Scourge WvW zerg picture directly to their mind*

"But- But..."

Mordremoth: "This world shall suffer for your insolence." *Sending moar picture*

"Maybe- Maybe he was right, but this is only on WvW right? Maybe we should split the-"

Mordremoth: "Insects! You flail and squirm before the infinite. Enough! Nerf both PvE and WvW!"

Joke aside,Seriously.. Please Split the WvW and PvE, they are different and should be treated different too.

@OnyX.9027 said:hmmm no negatives... ok here goes

Thanks for the new content and mounts you did a great job and we are looking forward to trying out the new content

on a side note I would like also like to give a HUUUUGE thumbs up towards the fact it seems the devs do not have a clue how to balance necro and used a sledgehammer to smash the cr@p out of Scourge before PoF even lands, you did a fantastic job of it :)

oh that was easier than I thought

SEE!!!You did it!!!! ;P

And see, Onyx and akenoyuki.8210 both managed to make their points known yet keep it civil!! Cheers!

Anet has done such an amazing job with this expansion. The elite specializations are an ingenious way to allow for meaningful progress to your toon without the standard gear grind.The new PoF landscape is gorgeous. I love the "Arabian nights" kind of mystery infused setting they have put together. The NPCs dialogue and story are incredible and so immersive. To put it simply...I hate having to get off of this game.I main rev and ele. I'm definitely finding it easier to get through content on the WEAVER than I am with the Renegade. But I LOVE both specs. Nothing better than starting off at range, calling in the troops on Kalla, and then finishing up by taking heads off in dual swords with Shiro.Constructively- sevenshot doesn't feel fun to use and is constantly only hitting my target with 1 or 2 arrows. The SB NEEDS a fix to this skill. A cluster bomb esque kinda thing might be nice to combo with the fire field?

Archived