ROFL, Myself, Friend and a Pug did EotM

Justine.6351

STRM did some scrimmage in gh and after, myself and a guildy went to EotM to see if it was dead. Halfway through we were like, achievement time! We saw a pug and invited them cause we needed their supply. We were cataing bridges/repairing, building some random things at the supply Depot and farming some aetherblades. Was kind of fun as a pve map. Saw 1 other ally player and 1 enemy player that waypointed on sight.

2 hours later we had most of the achievements (didn't kill 1000 aetherblades nor take thousands of objectives...)

So if you need/want these Achievements just go in. Didn't even need the wiki to figure them out.

Was bored in WvW yesterday and decided to derp around and finish the Blades in the Mists achieve. An enemy player rolled up on me and we ended up spending an hour or so killing aetherblades together. We were pretty much the only ones on the map, except for other players capping smaller objectives.

@"Justine.6351" said :Was kind of fun as a pve map.

Agree :smile: the map is beautiful to explore with lots of "things" to interact with (statue cannon tower is my fav). Sadly it's a terrible place for WvW, especially roaming or small groups.

1. No waypoints. You can capture enemy keep for one but it will be contested 24/7 because it's located right next to their spawn.

2. Map is huge! It's a pain if you died in this map. Which is very common for a roamer like me caught unprepared sometimes and letme share with you, it takes 15-20min running back, to enemy territory, no joke with the detours. (Took me 45mins just to run a lap of the map last time)

3. Everything is fully upgraded. It consumes your siege supplies just to cap stuff and there's no point in defending.

All this encourages map blobing. Bacause if you do get killed, there is a chance your teamates can revive you. If your team is small, you won't have enough supplies/ takes forever to siege a fully upgraded tower etc. Fell asleep ramming the gate with 1 battering ram and no one is crazy enough and volunteer to resupply in eotm.

EOTM died as soon as pips were introduced. It's only good for getting dailies or achievements, however, it still serves its purpose as an overflow for when WvW has queues. I suppose it's better for GvGs since barely any pugs visit the map but I haven't seen those in a long time in there, only on China client.

Agree that EOTM is a beautiful map... and still is after all these years!

In my experience, EOTM seems to be different in EU and NA. Last year in EU they would usually have like 2 EOTM maps almost full during prime times that were more "fights focused" zerging and not karma trains. It was actually decent compared to expectations, and balanced to the point where nobody was safe from getting wiped. It seemed to offer more of a balanced challenge compared to alot of the normal wvw server matchups (i like fun battle challenges where nobody is quite sure of winning the next engagement).

@"hugeboss.5432" said:Agree that EOTM is a beautiful map... and still is after all these years!

In my experience, EOTM seems to be different in EU and NA. Last year in EU they would usually have like 2 EOTM maps almost full during prime times that were more "fights focused" zerging and not karma trains. It was actually decent compared to expectations, and balanced to the point where nobody was safe from getting wiped. It seemed to offer more of a balanced challenge compared to alot of the normal wvw server matchups (i like fun battle challenges where nobody is quite sure of winning the next engagement).

perfect description. this is!

Archived