Sharing top 100 rank PvP Reaper build *cries*

EremiteAngel.9765

Halfway through my 2nd full season and currently squeezing my way into top 100 spot (rank 84 now)...The level of my opponents fluctuates and a lot seems down to luck and I guess many of the skilled players have stopped playing...

Either way, here is the Reaper build that got me into the top 100 rank currently.It's a standard Power wells build but it works! :#I've fought other Power Reaper builds that seems strong (spectral builds that utilize spectral wall and spectral armor) but this wells build seems simpler for beginners if you want to play a Reaper.

Play-style is pretty much to go far as often as you can and try to win the far point.Just go far and spam on point and spam wells on yourself when the enemy engages you. Does pretty decent damage and sustain.Don't go middle because it doesn't seem to work as well in the middle...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmOD7kkGolGsmGwnGgeTssLYQnpEQAI+JeF3iTThjwTA-jpxHQBA4gAUu9HGwRAIgXAA7VGwfPAAA

test

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@DeceiverX.8361 said:I can kind of get AoD for camping a far point as they're normally pretty small to probably not justify it, but AtP does surprise me. CoD is just so much damage and the boon steal is no joke.

It adds sustain.

The outgoing damage and boon corruption will honestly probably be pretty comparable. You take a few stacks of might off your target and it ends up no different over the course of only a few attacks.

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:Can u stop the heal well memes already pls

Not a meme. With Ritual of Life and Vampiric Rituals, Well of Blood is a strong Heal skill and makes for extremely fast and frequent rezzes. That said, it's definitely the easiest skill to swap when you are facing multiple Scourges, and (as shown in the screenshot in the OP), he does.

Remember: when you're in top 100, people actually do work as a team. Traited Wells setup can make your allies very hard to kill.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

Not a meme. With Ritual of Life and Vampiric Rituals, Well of Blood is a strong Heal skill and makes for extremely fast and frequent rezzes. That said, it's definitely the easiest skill to swap when you are facing multiple Scourges, and (as shown in the screenshot in the OP), he does.

Remember: when you're in top 100, people actually do work as a team. Traited Wells setup can make your allies very hard to kill.

Except he isn't playing teamfights, He explicitly stated that he is just trolling far. He is taking the heal well for the extra protection source, which is important since on far he will probably be fighting s/d thieves and spellbreakers most of the time, both of which have boonrip.

Besides he cannot do teamfights in top 100 as reaper, keeping a reaper alive in a teamfight will consume too many of his team's support's cooldowns, and his damage could be completely shut down by a single scourge.

The OP's build really isn't that special or even good, it's just a far troller build that only works on the assumption that you are going to massively outskill all of your opponents.

@Crinn.7864 said:

Except he isn't playing teamfights, He explicitly stated that he is just trolling far. He is taking the heal well for the extra protection source, which is important since on far he will probably be fighting s/d thieves and spellbreakers most of the time, both of which have boonrip.

Besides he cannot do teamfights in top 100 as reaper, keeping a reaper alive in a teamfight will consume too many of his team's support's cooldowns, and his damage could be completely shut down by a single scourge.

The OP's build really isn't that special or even good, it's just a far troller build that only works on the assumption that you are going to massively outskill all of your opponents.

Crinn salty cuz you dont use GS :) .Also from my exp., SB mostly invade your close, rarely would fight them on far.Augury of Death: you use this just for elite?

This build can bring u fun sometimes. But against proper players reaper is almost useless. As for me he only shines in setups with strong bruisers that can take aggro so u wont be focused. unfortunately necro has very limited ways to sustain burst (shroud is a joke with all that cc and condi spam). After many seasons ive decided to roll mesm as current meta class with options to outplay.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:The most surprising thing I see in there are two of the trait choices: Awaken the Pain and Augury of Death. I really anticipated Chill of Death and Relentless Pursuit in those slots.

I chose ATP for more sustain due to Blighter's Boon but I could be wrong and CoD is a better choice XDI never really liked RP so I went with AoD XD

@DeceiverX.8361 said:I can kind of get AoD for camping a far point as they're normally pretty small to probably not justify it, but AtP does surprise me. CoD is just so much damage and the boon steal is no joke.

Either way, congrats Eremite. Though I wish this was done on the SR build we often discussed back when :(

Thanks and yes the SR =(

@Emapudapus.1307 said:

Crinn salty cuz you dont use GS :) .Also from my exp., SB mostly invade your close, rarely would fight them on far.Augury of Death: you use this just for elite?

Yes XD will the other 2 traits be better?And were you the one who shared a version of this wells build with me?I remember someone did a few months ago XDIt is working pretty decently for me this season so thought of re-sharing it.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

This is true. I swap to consume conditions / suffer shout / plague signet if facing heavy condi foes

@Crinn.7864 said:

This is true. I don't survive well when in a group fight since they almost always focus me first. I don't survive well when +1ed either.

Also when going far, most opponents I will meet are Mirages, Thieves, Spellbreakers, Druids. Which this build is rather decent against them.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:The most surprising thing I see in there are two of the trait choices: Awaken the Pain and Augury of Death. I really anticipated Chill of Death and Relentless Pursuit in those slots.

I chose ATP for more sustain due to Blighter's Boon but I could be wrong and CoD is a better choice XDI never really liked RP so I went with AoD XD

If you take CoD consider spiteful talisman if you aren't running consume conditons. 16s CoD and axe cooldowns. Its not as aweful a trait as it was before. I generally dont feel there is a bad choice in that tier anymore depending on your utilities/other traits.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

Yes XD will the other 2 traits be better?

I would say it depends but if you are using just one shout, and only the elite shout at that, consider swapping to either of the two.

You can successfully troll far in Top 100 with this build? I don't want to bring the old EU>NA discussion to the table... but seriously! This would not be possible here.

This build is a silver tier build - esp. on far because it is not a 1v1 build at all. The damage is far to easy to avoid and the cooldowns (staff and wells) are too long, so that every decent player is able to outplay you without much effort.

@KrHome.1920 said:You can successfully troll far in Top 100 with this build? I don't want to bring the old EU>NA discussion to the table... but seriously! This would not be possible here.

This build is a silver tier build - esp. on far because it is not a 1v1 build at all. The damage is far to easy to avoid and the cooldowns (staff and wells) are too long, so that every decent player is able to outplay you without much effort.

Like it is hard on EU to be top 50 or 100 or whatever on reaper. Most of the decent ppl left and it is nowhere hard to achieve good rating on any spec with or without armor.

@EremiteAngel.9765 said:

@"ZombieSlayeR.8702" said:Can u stop the heal well memes already pls

Yes XD
will the other 2 traits be better?
And were you the one who shared a version of this wells build with me?I remember someone did a few months ago XDIt is working pretty decently for me this season so thought of re-sharing it.

Yea i did, one version :).

As you have now, little chill, smaller burst (no chill of death) and only 1 shout, doesnt give much value to any of those traits, so i guess it doesnt matter which one you would pick :p .Solution:So if you want to keep Awaken the pain, i would suggest to go paladin and signet of strength for full effect, since you can live longer and longer you are alive, stronger you become. Well of suffering can become lackluster later so i would suggest to also try "Suffer" (even if enemy is not heavy condi) or "You are all weaklings" instead. Suffer gives chill which is also good for longer fights and gives more might from traits. While "Weaklings" gives might that you want to build and extra stunbreak (only 1 is often not enough). And with 1 extra shout you make Augury of death more appealing. But if you would take chill of death, i would go for chilling nova and bitter chill (and suffer).Sigil of energy is for me also meeeeh :), would rather pick agility/vulnerability/poison.

@Justine.6351 said:Why staff over gs?

I picked up reaper again in wvw and love well of darkness + nightfall.

I never really tried GS much as I felt it lacked the condi cleanse and range that staff gives.

I do believe DeceiverX's comment in another thread though when he implied a GS Reaper with the old SoS traited 7 seconds Shroud was very strong dueler if you played aggressively.

Well of darkness is an interesting choice. You're running a blinds oriented build?

Archived