New PVP Game Modes - Bring Back GW1 Modes Fort Aspenwood and Jade Quarry

psyt.9415

Why don't they just update the graphics on Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood and Hero's Ascent and bring them all back?8v8 modes a little more objective based. Proven to work, proven that many people will enjoy it and it will draw back more GW1 fans.

Fort Aspenwood

Jade Quarry

Heroes Ascent

hahaha yeeeeaaaaaa buuuuddy!man those were the times. I was more of a fa guy. for a bit there I would advertise in a few places to get more people in fa, when we had barely under the req. sometimes I played a trolly para rezzer on the luxon side, and it kinda worked lol! was one of the most enjoyable types of combat ive played in a game! fa + ab = no other game can come close to this. cant even touch.I'm pretty sure with decent rewards and unique skins (a bunch of them) then it would draw a ton of pvers. gw2 pvp resurgence right here folks. you heard it here first!

Only real hopes for some good pvp like gw1 and not the joke we have now with circlequest. Is waiting on gw3 or gw1 remastered where HoH and the pvp arenas were epic pvp then you also had FA and JQ to add verity. FA and JQ 2.0 might actually save this game since factions was the best game for years. Letting guilds hold towns and even major cities because of their dedication was great.

@Vieux P.1238 said:You can't bring them back cuz as mentionned above by Stand The Wall.6987, you need to fill the population requirement in a match. I would not bet on population to stick with it. You either need to adapt it for a 1v1 or 2v2 & more or find something else.

this is true, but with all things, throw enough rewards at it to attract the pve player base all the while giving them mechanics to contribute!

If the only reason not to do new modes is people aren’t interested in the current spvp format than it’s a catch 22.

“PvP population can’t support more game modes because we have low population. We have low population in spvp because few people enjoy the current game modes.”

You either add game modes people like, to bring back the crowd plus bonus gw1 nostalgia crew, or you accept that half of your rank queue is just there for pips and will continue to dwindle every year because they don’t actually enjoy tiny circle fights.

If wow can have ranked bgs and arena and give reward points in unranked queue why can’t GW2? The interest in pvp is there people just don’t like the current format in GW2. The point is to bring in more players not spread the current base. Clearly the current mode is not attracting new people it’s causing the population to stay the same or stagnant. Time to do something new when you aren’t growing anymore or dig into the vaults for what worked in the past.

• 6 months later...

@psyt.9415 said:If the only reason not to do new modes is people aren’t interested in the current spvp format than it’s a catch 22.

“PvP population can’t support more game modes because we have low population. We have low population in spvp because few people enjoy the current game modes.”

You either add game modes people like, to bring back the crowd plus bonus gw1 nostalgia crew, or you accept that half of your rank queue is just there for pips and will continue to dwindle every year because they don’t actually enjoy tiny circle fights.

If wow can have ranked bgs and arena and give reward points in unranked queue why can’t GW2? The interest in pvp is there people just don’t like the current format in GW2. The point is to bring in more players not spread the current base. Clearly the current mode is not attracting new people it’s causing the population to stay the same or stagnant. Time to do something new when you aren’t growing anymore or dig into the vaults for what worked in the past.

I agree, and I especially agree with that very last point you made quoted from you in bold.

When what is putting players off in the game's current state, go back to the game's roots proven to work, and maybe even improve on them, yet not to the point it dwarfs what originally worked into something not likable all over again.

@ScottBroChill.3254 said:man i loved the pvp in gw1 so much. Bring it back!!!

To hard for Anet developers and wayyyyy to hard for the kinda of players they wanted playing their game.

Besides the current aoe spam and passvive boon farting classes design would be a mess.... most players dont want to have objectives just use theyr broken gimmick to stack n spam.

This is a game(gw2) for scrubs anything that would need team effort and srpead to complete objectives would not work well.

Archived