Before the new wvw update, will there be a ban pass?

trueanimus.4085

I know hacking isnt really allowed as a discussion on the boards.. but im speaking in general... no names.. no servers etc... just a simple question.

Since there is an obvious amount of people who... "usurp the games physics and rules" (hows that) will there be a ban pass to remove people who hack or cheat in wvw?

Just want a simple yes or no please from a dev or someone.

With all the changes coming would love to see that anet is really committed to wvw like they say they are and seem to be.

Thank you...

Trueanimus

Sadly history has shown that you are more likely to get banned talking about hacks than hacking itself

If you buy gold outside of GW2 store then you will more often then not get banned

Sadly, it looks to an outsider that they don't have plans on doing any form of mass banning to make the game fun for those that don't cheat

The counter argument is they cheat because they cant do anything against organized zergs

Or to counter the cheater

Vicious cycle untill something gets done

there is alot of talk about hackers lately here in the forums, but i still only see a hacker maybe once a year that i can clearly identify as such. maybe it is worse on NA or i am fighting the wrong servers here on EU.i am certain that most claims to spot a hacker or cheater are due to lack of understanding some mechanics in the game or lack of class knowledge what really is possible. so i think for most people to read all traits and skills, runes , sigils, food etc and think about what can happen combining them, you would see alot less cheaters.i am all for banning hackers and cheaters , i just fail to see were you guys find them in high amounts.

@MUDse.7623 said:there is alot of talk about hackers lately here in the forums, but i still only see a hacker maybe once a year that i can clearly identify as such. maybe it is worse on NA or i am fighting the wrong servers here on EU.i am certain that most claims to spot a hacker or cheater are due to lack of understanding some mechanics in the game or lack of class knowledge what really is possible. so i think for most people to read all traits and skills, runes , sigils, food etc and think about what can happen combining them, you would see alot less cheaters.i am all for banning hackers and cheaters , i just fail to see were you guys find them in high amounts.

It is pretty clear when you have, guys running all over the map blinking even when cced by that i mean literally running around the map faster than mounts

And flying in a no fly zone

@Vivilett.8509 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:there is alot of talk about hackers lately here in the forums, but i still only see a hacker maybe once a year that i can clearly identify as such. maybe it is worse on NA or i am fighting the wrong servers here on EU.i am certain that most claims to spot a hacker or cheater are due to lack of understanding some mechanics in the game or lack of class knowledge what really is possible. so i think for most people to read all traits and skills, runes , sigils, food etc and think about what can happen combining them, you would see alot less cheaters.i am all for banning hackers and cheaters , i just fail to see were you guys find them in high amounts.

It is pretty clear when you have, guys running all over the map blinking even when cced by that i mean literally running around the map faster than mounts

No it's not always obvious, those are just the blatant cheats.The vast majority of cheaters are using much more subtle things.Things you might pass off as superior gameplay.The kind of things one can get away without most opponents even noticing.

I play wvw around 10-17 hours a day and i see them tons.. people walking through walls and porting zergs into keeps/towers, people that are just completely unkillable (always invul or unhittable by any spells) and then there are those that are under the map (target is always obstructed no matter where they are) and people that just fly across the map in mid air and teleport from map location to map location multiple times... there are even a few that are using 1 shot kill hacks now which means that they hit for 80,000 HP plus per hit .. saw 1 person take out 10 people the other day... 1 shot kill to each of us.. deadeye in permastealth.

Anyway.. the matter isnt that there are hackers.. we all know there are... i just want to know if Anet plans to do anything about it.

@LetoII.3782 said:

No it's not always obvious, those are just the blatant cheats.The vast majority of cheaters are using much more subtle things.Things you might pass off as superior gameplay.The kind of things one can get away without most opponents even noticing.

You are correct its not always obvious but the ones clearly cheating are still not banned

Many more use the radar hack and gear checkAnd a slight speed bump

@Vivilett.8509 said:

You are correct its not always obvious but the ones clearly cheating are still not banned

yeah... i think some of them also run some kind of ping delay ... there are a few that lag people out whenever they get near them. Im not usually effected by these since i had to change my trace route link thing via Anet's support line (i guess since im connecting to a different IP than most, it doesnt effect me) but everyone else around me just lags and then dies... or so they scream in teamchat.

btw... if a dev actually does look at this.. i have also noticed a surge in bots in all the usual places.. in and outside of WvW as well... automated and standstill bots as well.. its almost like they dont care if they get caught anymore... or has anet just completely quit enforcing the eula on bots and hackers?

@trueanimus.4085 said:there are even a few that are using 1 shot kill hacks now which means that they hit for 80,000 HP plus per hit .. saw 1 person take out 10 people the other day... 1 shot kill to each of us.. deadeye in permastealth.

now why would you need a hack as permastealth deadeye ? i can oneshot with mine just fine most builds without any hacks...

@trueanimus.4085 said:

@"MUDse.7623" said:there is alot of talk about hackers lately here in the forums, but i still only see a hacker maybe once a year that i can clearly identify as such. maybe it is worse on NA or i am fighting the wrong servers here on EU.i am certain that most claims to spot a hacker or cheater are due to lack of understanding some mechanics in the game or lack of class knowledge what really is possible. so i think for most people to read all traits and skills, runes , sigils, food etc and think about what can happen combining them, you would see alot less cheaters.i am all for banning hackers and cheaters , i just fail to see were you guys find them in high amounts.

yeah... i think some of them also run some kind of ping delay ... there are a few that lag people out whenever they get near them. Im not usually effected by these since i had to change my trace route link thing via Anet's support line (i guess since im connecting to a different IP than most, it doesnt effect me) but everyone else around me just lags and then dies... or so they scream in teamchat.

I get constantly hit by these ones. It basically locks you up for a few seconds but only on certain opponents, enough for you not to be able to even queue a response. When the action "catches up" you can basically say byebye to any chance. Tbh I'm not sure how much "lagswitch" would affect things in gw2, but the symptoms are similar of how they are in other games where people do it. See enemy in distance approaching->prepare to go on offense-> skills lock up-> screen stays still 1-3s->bunch of attacks received->death. I would chalk it up to lag if it's every encounter, but if you've ever seen how lagswitch are like and only see them come from specific opponents, you can't really rule it out.

@Nocturnal Lunacy.8563 said:

@"MUDse.7623" said:there is alot of talk about hackers lately here in the forums, but i still only see a hacker maybe once a year that i can clearly identify as such. maybe it is worse on NA or i am fighting the wrong servers here on EU.i am certain that most claims to spot a hacker or cheater are due to lack of understanding some mechanics in the game or lack of class knowledge what really is possible. so i think for most people to read all traits and skills, runes , sigils, food etc and think about what can happen combining them, you would see alot less cheaters.i am all for banning hackers and cheaters , i just fail to see were you guys find them in high amounts.

I get constantly hit by these ones. It basically locks you up for a few seconds but only on certain opponents, enough for you not to be able to even queue a response. When the action "catches up" you can basically say byebye to any chance. Tbh I'm not sure how much "lagswitch" would affect things in gw2, but the symptoms are similar of how they are in other games where people do it. See enemy in distance approaching->prepare to go on offense-> skills lock up-> screen stays still 1-3s->bunch of attacks received->death. I would chalk it up to lag if it's every encounter, but if you've ever seen how lagswitch are like and only see them come from specific opponents, you can't really rule it out.

What happens when this is used and I'm sure you've had this happen to you, when the blob comes and suddenly you can't see them or use any skills and then bam you're instadead. Its used during those times cuz it looks like real lag and feels like real lag but the difference is your ping will be low. And your fps will be normal. That's how you know. some say its server bottlenecking, but if thats the case it would happen more often when its a 3way fight and server bottlenecking doesnt happen all too often at least for me.

There is a difference between lag on big encounters and just watching 1 or 2 people that are unkillable walk through keep walls and portal everyone in... a huge difference. The people i am talking about are like... necros that go stealth in the middle of the fight when they start to lose and end up 2000m away running for their life while you have no lag... or thiefs that are permastealth that 1 shot you in heavy armor (full tank build) for 60k in 1 hit.... or people that hide above the lords room in air keep and shoot you through the cloud lining... yes.. hackers.. people that cheat in the game period. There needs to be a ban pass like blizzard has, to remove players like this from the game and make the game mode fair again.

@Enox.5870 said:I play WvW all the time and don’t see hackers. Honestly people use it as an excuse because they are either bad at the game or just don’t understand some mechanics.

There is no mechanic in the game that makes you totally unkillable, unhitable or makes it where you can just walk through walls or constantly teleport/fly around the map. Every class has some spells that allow you some leeway in fights.. but no matter how you use them.. they have an internal cooldown and without a hack there is no way to bypass that.

yes.. some classes have builds that can 1 shot people in heavy armor... like mesmer power shatter builds.. but deadeyes got nerfed.. they arent supposed to be able to down 6 people instantly while in stealth in 1 shot... just isnt possible by normal rules.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@trueanimus.4085 said:there are even a few that are using 1 shot kill hacks now which means that they hit for 80,000 HP plus per hit .. saw 1 person take out 10 people the other day... 1 shot kill to each of us.. deadeye in permastealth.

now why would you need a hack as permastealth deadeye ? i can oneshot with mine just fine most builds without any hacks...

saw a deadeye using cannons the other day in stealth... dont think that is possible either

There's never been a "ban pass" before what makes you think they'll ever do one?

Few days ago someone ported an omega into smc lords room while their zerg fought our zerg at south inner gate, once we killed their zerg and went back to lords he was there fighting it by himself, once he saw us he ported out, while he was still in combat. Had no time to even target and get the account name, not that I care much since I don't have any confidence in the system because of past incidents.

Even when they have mountains of evidence, they don't ban people. That's not to say it never happened--once, some folks made a video of themselves and put it on youtube...that got them banned after a long delay. However, if you make a video of someone else hacking, nothing is likely to happen.

@"Justine.6351" said:It would be hilarious if 6 months from now the op created a thread,

"Got banned for no reason"

Even if it happened, i doubt that would be more than a temporary account suspention, how many players are using it for years...? Quite some.

@trueanimus.4085 said:

saw a deadeye using cannons the other day in stealth... dont think that is possible either

i can man a cannon in stealth, i actually allways go stealth in the cannon if there is an opponent as it provides 25% dmg reduction and pusling condi cleanse and pulsing heal to my deadeye.@trueanimus.4085 said:yes.. some classes have builds that can 1 shot people in heavy armor... like mesmer power shatter builds.. but deadeyes got nerfed.. they arent supposed to be able to down 6 people instantly while in stealth in 1 shot... just isnt possible by normal rules.

deadeye got nerfed? the damage against unmarked targets yes, but the damage against marked ones didnt get nerfed. one rather recent oneshot of mine from victim perspective :

www.twitch.tv/videos/234110032

at 4 hours 24min marker. guess he is pretty defensive as the crit was kinda low. sure was not 60k or 80k like you said above but why would one use a hack for higher overkills lol ?

i can man a cannon in stealth, i actually allways go stealth in the cannon if there is an opponent as it provides 25% dmg reduction and pusling condi cleanse and pulsing heal to my deadeye.@trueanimus.4085 said:yes.. some classes have builds that can 1 shot people in heavy armor... like mesmer power shatter builds.. but deadeyes got nerfed.. they arent supposed to be able to down 6 people instantly while in stealth in 1 shot... just isnt possible by normal rules.

deadeye got nerfed? the damage against unmarked targets yes, but the damage against marked ones didnt get nerfed. one rather recent oneshot of mine from victim perspective :

at 4 hours 24min marker. guess he is pretty defensive as the crit was kinda low. sure was not 60k or 80k like you said above but why would one use a hack for higher overkills lol ?

so you streamed sniped somebody and are now boasting about it disguised as trying to help on a thread?

no i keeped sniping him as he annoyed the hell out of me with his zerg , sweeping towers for ages to look for me. and i knew he was streaming so i searched for one shot. showing how it looks from my perspective and you wont know how defensive or not the target was. with that stream you may guess that he was not a glasscannon. hardly need a stream to find an enemy commander knocking at my keeps door.

at 4 hours 24min marker. guess he is pretty defensive as the crit was kinda low. sure was not 60k or 80k like you said above but why would one use a hack for higher overkills lol ?va

so you streamed sniped somebody and are now boasting about it disguised as trying to help on a thread?

no i keeped sniping him as he annoyed the hell out of me with his zerg , sweeping towers for ages to look for me. and i knew he was streaming so i searched for one shot. showing how it looks from my perspective and you wont know how defensive or not the target was. with that stream you may guess that he was not a glasscannon. hardly need a stream to find an enemy commander knocking at my keeps door.

so what youre saying is he was annoying you by not allowing you to be toxic and use your toxic ways of playing the game?

we had a tick of like 30 and he was sweeping one of my spawntowers because one thief still inside, yes i had the intention to flip it back as we had lost everything on ebg due to lack of people. during his trying to find me we capped 3 other towers back so was not really efficient on his part but annoying for me. why is it toxic to stay inside an object and flip it back ?anyway in that week our people were not really active and we mostly got rolled over, in small scale their server was only running in groups of 5+ apart from sindrener who was solo - him i also onehit cause i feared to fight him different so i got bored and actuall sniped most of their commanders at least once, that dude was leading kind of 24/7 so i sniped him a few more times, i know he was streaming cause pretty much allways some in server TS was watching as he was not using delay.this is the first of my oneshots that i was able to find from opponent perspective and he is tanky so, i thought it was a good example to show that deadeye indeed can oneshot such builds - sure commander sniping is disliked by most but doing that on deadeye is actually hard and good training for positioning and timing. and mostly when i do that our zerg is not a threat to the opponents so it doesnt change anything anyway, could aswell log on a usefull class and ensure more of his mates actually die. tho i understand you are triggered, cant help it.

Archived