Necro Department missed the memo on “Joy of Movement”

Swagger.1459

http://gw2101.gtm.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/combat/part-one/

“One of our priorities in developing Guild Wars 2 has been to make the simple act of moving around and interacting with the world an enjoyable experience for our players. We often refer to this as introducing "joy of movement" into the game. This means being able to jump and swim freely, but it also translates directly into combat.

To reinforce the importance of movement in the game, we want your character's position in combat to really matter. You'll see a lot of attacks in Guild Wars 2 that encourage and reward tactical player movement and positioning.”

Big kudos and praise for anyone in the Necro Department who can make sure we get some “Joy of Movement” to this profession... You’d all go down as gods if you were to successfully provide build options for a (quality) movement oriented roaming build for WvW... Spvpers would even write poems of appreciation too...

@"Sublimatio.6981" said:

Good old honorary drag queen Wendy Williams ;>

But seriously though, when's Anet gonna make greatsword reaper not total garbage, ditto for minions which have been an iconic feature of the class since GW1.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Big kudos and praise for anyone in the Necro Department who can make sure we get some “Joy of Movement” to this profession...

But, if everyone else is crippled or chilled, aren't we the kings of movement? I do think that's the way devs see it.

then cripple and chill should effect leap and teleport ranges. cause some classes can completely move w/o W A S D, just by using leap and teleports.

@"Dadnir.5038" said:But, if everyone else is crippled or chilled, aren't we the kings of movement? I do think that's the way devs see it.

This seems accurate based on how the devs describe the Necromancer. The Necromancer is all about the "joy of spiting everyone else."

Having said that, I enjoy using Wurm, Spectral Walk, and Sand Swell to play with movement, it's just unfortunate that they are not quite as competitive as other utilities overall. I was watching a stream in the offseason where an enemy power Reaper was using Spectral Walk and Wurm incredibly well to ambush and over extend safely. It was refreshing and a joy to watch.

Few other professions feel quite so rewarding when you manage to kite like a boss, probably because of active defenses, so they've certainly managed to reinforce the importance of positioning for Necromancer ...

@Zero.3871 said:

Big kudos and praise for anyone in the Necro Department who can make sure we get some “Joy of Movement” to this profession...

But, if everyone else is crippled or chilled, aren't we the kings of movement? I do think that's the way devs see it.

then cripple and chill should effect leap and teleport ranges. cause some classes can completely move w/o W A S D, just by using leap and teleports.

It use to (leap and rush movement skills only) and during that time it was very easy for necro to kite and deal with foes who like to rush and pressure them down. Anet changed it so movement skills are no longer effected by chill and or cripple.

While I would like to see the feature return on maybe chill only i doubt it will. Maybe if it became a part of reaper traits that would be nice but im not sure anything in reapers current tool kit of traits is wroth giving up for something like that. Its likely not.

@Zero.3871 said:then cripple and chill should effect leap and teleport ranges. cause some classes can completely move w/o W A S D, just by using leap and teleports.

Yes, but not constantly. Ignoring for a second the Shortbow thief (don't use a single outlier in need of fixing to judge an overall issue), classes can only teleport so often, and have CDs.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

Sure. If you can even land a hit on the enemy. And then they get passive free cleanses

Archived