Bazaar of the Four Winds

I miss it too. I've been an absolute beginner at that time and revisiting it would be kind of fun. But in a time of mounts and gliding it wouldn't be as much fun. Would feel too restrictive without them (in an instanced version of the map) and with them the mechanics of the map would entirely fall flat.

@Blocki.4931 said:But in a time of mounts and gliding it wouldn't be as much fun. Would feel too restrictive without them (in an instanced version of the map) and with them the mechanics of the map would entirely fall flat.that is true... i didn't think of that.. but i wouldn't mind if they bring it back with mount and gliding disabled. :P like they did to jp area. this place is so beautiful.

I never saw the bazaar of the four winds, but i hear much ppl talking about it, would be cool to see it, but alternativ a new summer event would be cool too....summer in gw2 is some sort of.....well no events at all....

Seasonal events are the perfect time to bring some mount-skins, miniatures and gliders that we could earn ingame....and really cool would it be, when they change the look depending on wich race you equip them....i really like cultural differences, but for most event-items it seems that we go with the "human-looking" style....

.....and some more gem-shop-seasonal-cultural outfits, like wedding attire and cook, i would buy them(to support the game, from somewhere they need to get money)......

<3 i mean: we have some really cool looking event-outfits, as example: mad kings, ghostly, hexed, witch, grenth´s regalia, bloody prince, lunatic guard for mad king and ice encasement, arctic explorer, winter monarch, winter solstice, fancy winter for wintersday ....BUT: they all have something in common: they look kind of"just made for humans....we dont care about other races that celebrate these events too"...i mean ok, the winter monarchs outfit could be for sylvari because "some branches are attached to the outfit", but none of them are really cultural....since every race celebrates these events i would like to see some seasonal-cultural-outfits.....ok we have the freezie crown.....it is just a helmet, no outfit, but it is seasonal and changes the look depending on the race (but human and norn share the same look), but that is what i want for outfits too...well exept the fact that human and norn should not share the look.... <3

Maybe we could have an event that was similar to the rebuilding lion's arch but with the "proceeds" go to rebuilding the sky people's flying city in a new area that is near the old bazaar site with somewhat having a home base at said bazaar site in the highest height after realizing that putting all eggs in one basket could lead to another disaster while they open when the sky city comes back and close off the bazaar when it is away with the dry dock that was/is used for building still being able to visit with maybe another hint of a second city being built for a just in case scenario when the bazaar is open.

I am sure lion's arch would pitch in to help rebuild their sky city and new home base after the help they gave when lion's was destroyed by scarlet. They could probably fit it into the story leading up to another dragon if not on the current one by letting us ride a miniature sky city/vehicle to some destination that would prevent a pact ship getting close.

Edit: I would very much like to visit the bazaar again as it was a great fun when you could.

I would love to revisit this festival and the map that came with it. After seeing pictures of PoF I was really excited to see more Zephirites but the expansion really didn't do much with them so far. Maybe as a part of the LS4 we could revisit the Labyrinthine Cliffs.

@Curunen.8729 said:It was certainly a fun map.

Not sure how they can bring it back given the plot. Maybe something in the mists as said, frozen in time?

Agreed, i couldn’t find the original comment on short notice, but all maps are frizen in time as they appear. With that logic, reactivating the area will create a map thats frozen in time just prior to Season 2. And then they can limit access to a period of time thats short of events.October is halloween, december is wintersday, february is Dragonball. April is a sad joke, so.. juli.. august.. would be a good month for the bazaar I think.

Or better yet, create a new area, frozen in time after PoF where you help rebuild their base in a very small map next to dry top. Help them gather resources, gold and materials in a series of festivals.And we can help the Zephyrites rebuild their Lobster/Squid airship, just like we rebuild Lobster’s Arch (yes, I’m still bitter about that, anet)

I'm not entirely sure Labyrinthine Cliffs would have as much to offer as it used to. The movement skills are already captured in Dry Top and Sanctum Scramble; there are traces of the architecture, and certainly the vertical stuff, in Dry Top (but, I get it, when it's ruined it's not the same) - and a few bits left behind in the south of Crystal Oasis, actually.

It could still be resurrected, but probably should be for a reason - perhaps refugees are being resettled into the structures the Zephyrites left behind? Or the Zephyrites that survived the disaster in Dry Top are returning home and rebuilding? Then you can segue that into something else that is happening. The atmosphere probably won't be as festive as it once was, but similarly to the situation with the Sunspears... these are the things we're fighting to restore. :smile:

I do miss that map. Most of those structures should still be there, and the Zephyrites crashed. . . three years ago chronologically, so why couldn't they have rebuilt by now and continued their work? I don't know that they need to bring back the festival, but it would be neat for them to just reload the map permanently and maybe have a few things to do there.

They could certainly bring it back for a few weeks, same with the queens jubilee in summer as little annual events to keep people interested in the game. They wouldn’t need new items adding on a regular basis, maybe a new mini or skin for people to grab but these kinds of regular events keep people interested and mix up the content a bit while making the game seem more active.

Lunar New Year - FebruarySAB - AprilFestival of the Four Winds - MayQueens Jubilee - AugustShadow of the Mad King - OctoberWintersday - December

In between some of these you would then have 4 LW updates and every other year an expansion which would flesh out a release schedule something like:

Lunar New Year - FebruaryLW episode - end of February/MarchSAB - AprilFestival of the Four Winds - MayLW episode - JulyQueens Jubilee - AugustLW episode/expansion - SeptemberShadow of the Mad King - OctoberLW episode possibly - NovemberWintersday - December

Almost every month you have some release of content to do even if it is just a repeat of older content with a new skin added. January has less in it but will have splash over of Wintersday, June has no release but it’s mid summer and that’s when people traditionally enjoy the good weather over gaming.

• 2 weeks later...

@apharma.3741 said:They could certainly bring it back for a few weeks, same with the queens jubilee in summer as little annual events to keep people interested in the game. They wouldn’t need new items adding on a regular basis, maybe a new mini or skin for people to grab but these kinds of regular events keep people interested and mix up the content a bit while making the game seem more active.

Lunar New Year - FebruarySAB - AprilFestival of the Four Winds - MayQueens Jubilee - AugustShadow of the Mad King - OctoberWintersday - December

In between some of these you would then have 4 LW updates and every other year an expansion which would flesh out a release schedule something like:

Lunar New Year - FebruaryLW episode - end of February/MarchSAB - AprilFestival of the Four Winds - MayLW episode - JulyQueens Jubilee - AugustLW episode/expansion - SeptemberShadow of the Mad King - OctoberLW episode possibly - NovemberWintersday - December

Almost every month you have some release of content to do even if it is just a repeat of older content with a new skin added. January has less in it but will have splash over of Wintersday, June has no release but it’s mid summer and that’s when people traditionally enjoy the good weather over gaming.

maybe the activity team can have a look at this :p

There was something in the lore that prevented queens jubilee from happening again. But after defeating two elder dragons, putting two more to sleep and killing a god they could open up the crown pavillion again to celebrate a bit.Come on coach, put me in the ring, gotta fight Liadri again...

Im kinda curious how that would affect the players now-days tbh. Like the map really was awesome back in the days. But It was based on using the crystals to get around the map. These days we have mounts and gliding. So i guess that would make the map less flavor full. Disabling gliding/mounts is an option, but i think that wouldn't be appreciated among the community in general.

Archived